ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports The Fishing Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=223680)

rico 06-13-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TransferBanned (Post 14306708)
Get you some gear for it and do it! Once you hook and net your first one you’ll want to do it all the time. It’s a grind but well worth it when you land one. RELEASE RELEASE RELEASE though. If you do end catching one be sure to take care of it while in your possession. Musky guys will publicly stone you if they see you killed one or kept one.

Right on, man!!! Will follow this advice for sure!!!

rico 06-13-2019 12:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A freaking goldfish! LMAOLMAOLMAO

mr. tegu 06-13-2019 02:32 PM

That is one smart goldfish to continually avoid the blue herons. Not an easy feat for such a bright fish.

El Jefe 06-13-2019 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 14306829)

Dude that is freaking crazy! I heard those things are ridiculously difficult to catch. At one of my local reservoirs there are a bunch of asians always trying to catch those. I have a customer who I found out is one of those asian's and he said they are extremely difficult to catch.

Easy 6 06-13-2019 06:02 PM

Quote:

LMAO man you’re some kinda Fish Whisperer, all over the joint catching anything and everything

What did you catch that on?

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-13-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Chop that mother up and use for catfish bait!!!!!!

SAUTO 06-13-2019 06:29 PM

Shit there are some huge goldfish like that up against the farm most days.

Not lately though, it's blowing everything close down the river.

Easy 6 06-13-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14307421)
Shit there are some huge goldfish like that up against the farm most days.

Not lately though, it's blowing everything close down the river.

I see the headlines about monster goldfish caught around the nation here and there... sure haven’t seen anything like it around here

Is it a combination of people flushing them down the toilet, and live bait that got loose or what?

rico 06-13-2019 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14307382)
LMAO man you’re some kinda Fish Whisperer, all over the joint catching anything and everything

What did you catch that on?

A nightcrawler 😂

rico 06-13-2019 07:38 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14307419)
Chop that mother up and use for catfish bait!!!!!!

LMAO DUDE... guess what happened?! I did that!!! My girls caught a couple dandies...and I caught a mystery fish that everyone is having a debate on Facebook about what it is!!! The general consensus seems to be trout or state record creek chub... this was caught in Southeast Iowa on the Mississippi... we don’t get trout here!! And on a goldfish!!! LMAO

mr. tegu 06-13-2019 08:45 PM

That looks like a brown trout to me. The tail seems to have maintained the more traditional brown color making me think that.

rico 06-13-2019 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 14307567)
That looks like a brown trout to me. The tail seems to have maintained the more traditional brown color making me think that.

It’s got everyone baffled on Facebook because you seriously never hear of anyone ever catching a trout on SE Iowa.

I have SE Iowa’s fishing scene pegged btw... probably the most underrated fishing region that I know of.

Easy 6 06-14-2019 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 14307474)
LMAO DUDE... guess what happened?! I did that!!! My girls caught a couple dandies...and I caught a mystery fish that everyone is having a debate on Facebook about what it is!!! The general consensus seems to be trout or state record creek chub... this was caught in Southeast Iowa on the Mississippi... we don’t get trout here!! And on a goldfish!!! LMAO

That would definitely be one helluva creek chub if true

I had no idea SE Iowa was such a fishing Nirvana

stumppy 06-14-2019 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 14307474)

Did it have scales or skin like a catfish?

rico 06-14-2019 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 14307924)
Did it have scales or skin like a catfish?

Skin like a catfish... not as slippery, though.