ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

Amnorix 06-19-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 10703089)
Thanks for the breakdown. but...
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Amnorix 06-19-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10703084)
Oh, yeah. I agree with that one. I'm just saying that speculation is different from spoilers, though it's weird here because book readers are privy to a lot of material from which to base speculations that viewers aren't. I still wouldn't consider a lot of the speculations as spoilers, though this thread tends to err on the side of caution.

I agree with all of that, and I tend to err wildly on the side of caution and leave each reader to make their own decisions.

You are quite correct in saying that book readers don't KNOW the answer to this, and thus it is not any more spoiler-y for us than for viewers, but book readers have far more of a basis to engage in that speculation.

Fire Me Boy! 06-19-2014 03:35 PM

Stop all the spoilers! I'm not that strong. Bastards.

keg in kc 06-19-2014 03:44 PM

Talking new season 5 characters probably isn't a good idea here either. Looking at you Hawk.

ToxSocks 06-19-2014 03:45 PM

**** the Police

Hawk 06-19-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 10703096)
I agree with all of that, and I tend to err wildly on the side of caution and leave each reader to make their own decisions.

You are quite correct in saying that book readers don't KNOW the answer to this, and thus it is not any more spoiler-y for us than for viewers, but book readers have far more of a basis to engage in that speculation.

Be strong non-readers, there is nothing here you need to see.

BigRedChief 06-19-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 10702936)
THat's not confirmed, just speculated in the books

It's speculation.

Hawk 06-19-2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10703122)
Talking new season 5 characters probably isn't a good idea here either. Looking at you Hawk.

Really? That was just based on published casting rumors from Entertainment Weekly, it was not really a spoiler of any kind. Most (maybe all) of those characters have been mentioned on the show already even if not yet cast and introduced. I said nothing at all about what any of them might do.

BigRedChief 06-19-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 10703129)
Be strong non-readers, there is nothing here you need to see. The show has not addressed it at all, even though it was from book 1, so it is possible it will never come into the show even if it turns out to be true in the books, which remains to be seen at this point.

There were already events in this last season that were not in the books and major story lines left out of the TV series.This has fueled "speculation" that the TV series is going to part ways with some story lines. We may all be "speculating" by next summer.

keg in kc 06-19-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 10703155)
Really? That was just based on published casting rumors from Entertainment Weekly, it was not really a spoiler of any kind. Most (maybe all) of those characters have been mentioned on the show already even if not yet cast and introduced. I said nothing at all about what any of them might do.

We've done a pretty good job over the years in this thread of only talking about the show in terms of what's already been seen onscreen. Naming characters that so far have only been mentioned in passing (if at all) as major players for next year might be going a little further than we want here. Seems like more of a spoiler thread kind of thing. Not that I think it's a huge deal - it's more about keeping it from snowballing into more.

(I know speaking just for myself, I've been very careful about posting articles from EW and other places in here. They can give away more than they intend...)

Baby Lee 06-19-2014 04:21 PM

Not embedding here, but these guys recap every ep, and it's cray hilare!!!

<iframe src="http://www.funnyordie.com/embed/29221ac323" width="640" height="400" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen></iframe><div style="text-align:left;font-size:x-small;margin-top:0;width:640px;"><a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/29221ac323/gay-of-thrones-s4-ep-10-future-legendary-children" title="from Funny Or Die, Jonathan Van Ness, Erin Gibson, Jeffery Self, mattmazany, Ross Buran, George R.R. Martin, Becca Scheuer, Jack Allison, Andy Bush, and keganswyers">Gay of Thrones S4 EP ​10​: Future Legendary Children</a> from <a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/funnyordie">Funny Or Die</a> <iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?app_id=138711277798&amp;href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.funnyordie.com%2Fvideos%2F29221ac323%2Fgay-of-thrones-s4-ep-10-future-legendary-children&amp;send=false&amp;layout=button_count&amp;width=150&amp;show_faces=false&amp;action=like&a mp;height=21" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:90px; height:21px; vertical-align:middle;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
</div>

Aries Walker 06-19-2014 04:43 PM

So, is it next season yet?

It shouldn't be too long a wait, right?

KC_Connection 06-19-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10701934)
Yeah, I'm not buying the Shae bit for a second. She showed up right at the time Tywin unexpectedly started to trust him. Which, as we found out when Tywin got to Kings Landing, he didn't trust Tyrian. The my lion bit. His dad knows he'd fall in love with a whore. It's all too coincidental.

Just not my interpretation of it all. She showed up the night that Tywin was, for all intents and purposes, sending Tyrion to his death before a major battle in S1. And Tywin never really trusted Tyrion (at least not any more than he had to out of necessity) and always despised him.

Quote:

Tyrian got played.
After Cersei's agents got a hold of her. Before that, maybe (as Shae could have been faking all those seemingly genuine emotions to elevate her status, I suppose). But not by Tywin.

keg in kc 06-19-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10701934)
Yeah, I'm not buying the Shae bit for a second. She showed up right at the time Tywin unexpectedly started to trust him. Which, as we found out when Tywin got to Kings Landing, he didn't trust Tyrian. The my lion bit. His dad knows he'd fall in love with a whore. It's all too coincidental.

Tyrian got played.

I thought on the TV show they set everything up pretty clearly, centered around the moment Tyrion tried to send her away (with Bronn). Basically they established just prior to that that Cersei had discovered Shae's presence. Bronn was paid off and delivered her to them rather than the ship (as basically established in Bronn's visit to Tyrion in his cell). And then Shae was paid off to testify against Tyrion. A snowball set in motion by Tyrion himself when (and how) he tried to send her away.

The books do fill in some details here which were not made clear on the show, and did kind of establish what was going on. I'm going to spoiler tag these just in case you don't want to know, although they aren't actually spoilers at all (talking about things that have already happened on the show....):
Spoiler!

Buehler445 06-19-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10703302)
I thought on the TV show they set everything up pretty clearly, centered around the moment Tyrion tried to send her away (with Bronn). Basically they established just prior to that that Cersei had discovered Shae's presence. Bronn was paid off and delivered her to them rather than the ship (as basically established in Bronn's visit to Tyrion in his cell). And then Shae was paid off to testify against Tyrion. A snowball set in motion by Tyrion himself when (and how) he tried to send her away.

The books do fill in some details here which were not made clear on the show, and did kind of establish what was going on. I'm going to spoiler tag these just in case you don't want to know, although they aren't actually spoilers at all (talking about things that have already happened on the show....):
Spoiler!

Makes sense. Thanks. Just seemed to fit that Shae had been in on it all along. Oh well interesting theory.