ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Worst BBQ restaurant you've ever ate at? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307273)

Pitt Gorilla 04-24-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 12836796)
There used to be a place in Tulsa called Sooner BBQ. It was run by an old asian couple and it was anything but a bbq restaurant. More like a buffet that just happened to have shredded brisket and kraft bbq sauce you could put on a bun as one of its items. Place went out of business years ago. Go figure.

Second worse was "Kansas City Barbecue" in Tulsa. It lasted about 2 weeks before it shut down. I knew it was shit when we walked in and they had cloth napkins and served bbq sauce in fancy little bowls. There better be a ****ing roll of paper towels and a giant dirty bottle of bbq sauce on each table or else there's a good chance you're dealin with a fraud.

I take it you haven't been to Jack Stack by Union Station.

Pitt Gorilla 04-24-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 12836653)
Famous Dave's. It's the reason dogs eat their own shit.

Famous Dave's is fine. I really don't get the hate for this place.

gblowfish 04-24-2017 02:01 PM

I had a Gates brisket sandwich, crispy fries and beans for lunch.

Tasty.

Have any of you tried Billy Sims BBQ at 92nd and Metcalf? Looks like its in a strip mall... hole in the wall.

Titty Meat 04-24-2017 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 12837251)

Tasty.

Have any of you tried Billy Sims BBQ at 92nd and Metcalf? Looks like its in a strip mall... hole in the wall.

Did that place open yet? That Pizza place over there is fantastic.

gblowfish 04-24-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12837286)
Did that place open yet? That Pizza place over there is fantastic.

I think its open, although I haven't been in yet. Jack Stack is a block away, so their choice of location is somewhat dubious....

luv 04-24-2017 02:42 PM

Quote:

Tasty.

Billy Sims isn't bad. We've had one in Springfield for a while. Nothing spectacular, but I wouldn't ever tell someone they shouldn't eat there.

luv 04-24-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 12837210)
Famous Dave's is fine. I really don't get the hate for this place.

I think it just depends on people's taste. Some are all about the smoke, some are all about the juice, some are all about the rub, and some are all about the sauce (and the multiple differences of opinion in sauces). It seems like people think that once a place gets too commercialized that it can't be good. If anything, looks past all the sauces to their delicious sides!

Randallflagg 04-24-2017 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12836099)
Do they have all you can eat BBQ buffets in KC or the midwest?

I can't say I've ever seen a buffet place that is solely BBQ?

Haven't seen one in KC - but strangely enough, While in Fort Collins, CO a while back there was a place called "Nordy's" in old town that had a lunch buffet. Seems like it was $12.95 or so.

Wasn't bad at all...actually pretty good. Haven't been back in several years though. Ahh....just found out that the Fort Collins place had closed. Don't know if the one in Loveland has a buffet, though.

Buehler445 04-24-2017 03:28 PM

Quote:

Tasty.

I had Billy Sims in Andover. It was OK. There are better options in KC