ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ****The Official 2014 NFL Draft Thread**** (Part 2) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283512)

BryanBusby 05-09-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10615733)
Chiefs are a playoff team, A playoff team takes the player they need to complete the puzzle , not the BPA
MY Raiders are rebuilding, we HAVE to take the BPA

The best drafters stick to their board and don't panic. The Patriots made great selections doing this and the whole thing went South when they got away from it and the same goes for the Giants.

The Ravens are a special case and some ****ing how, BPA always seems to match up with need.

Mr. Laz 05-09-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10615783)
ninja edit!

It should be 6.5 and I'll take the under.

Lee, Latimer, Matthews, Landry, Moncrief, Adams.

LMAO

original 7 was too easy :D

OldSchool 05-09-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10615712)
Yea, Smith is a guy that can win. He will take you as far as the talent around him allows.

Nothing against him, but our GM paid too dam much.

Seriously? That's literally the dumbest criticism that anyone can say about any QB in the league. Virtually every QB in the league can only take their teams as far as the talent around them allows. Some can't even do that much.

Do you really think that Kaepernick is a better QB than Aaron Rodgers is? Rodgers has never beaten the 49ers in the playoffs. Why is that? The 49ers have a dominant defense, the Packers do not.

Peyton Manning couldn't win a Superbowl despite having Hall of Fame Wrs in Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison until his defense stepped it up a notch with Freeney and Mathis.

You think Russell Wilson wins the Superbowl without Marshawn Lynch carrying the team all season long and that defense suffocating opposing offenses?

You think Big Ben wins his titles without the Steel Curtain terrorizing opposing offenses?

All QBs depend on the talent around them to win. That's why they call football the ultimate team sport.:rolleyes:

R8RFAN 05-09-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10615794)
Derek Carr is going to be an epic bust.

Because his brother was.. Right?

R8RFAN 05-09-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10615772)
Not really unless you get a QB.

So you think Shaub is done after 1 bad year huh?

Do you also think Eli is done or was he a product of his bad Oline?

Mother****erJones 05-09-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10615807)
So you think Shaub is done after 1 bad year huh?

Do you also think Eli is done or was he a product of his bad Oline?

Look how epically bad he was with what he had. Eli is a 2 time Super Bowl QB and Shaub sucks.

Mr. Laz 05-09-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10615802)
Because his brother was.. Right?

iirc Derek Carr's completion % drops like 20% when he is under pressure

very brother-like

TheNoob 05-09-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10615784)
@injuryexpert: Another draftee that fell significantly is Marqise Lee. Several teams scared of his knee. Source I spoke with said "half the league is out."

I hope this holds true maybe the chiefs can get a steal in 3rd by moving up! If they can grab lee I would say this draft was a success then maybe get Desir in 4th if he is still around

patteeu 05-09-2014 04:07 PM

Random thought: I predict that Lee will fall to the 3rd round, but probably not to the Chiefs' pick.

Mr. Laz 05-09-2014 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10615799)
Seriously? That's literally the dumbest criticism that anyone can say about any QB in the league. Virtually every QB in the league can only take their teams as far as the talent around them allows. Some can't even do that much.

Do you really think that Kaepernick is a better QB than Aaron Rodgers is? Rodgers has never beaten the 49ers in the playoffs. Why is that? The 49ers have a dominant defense, the Packers do not.

Peyton Manning couldn't win a Superbowl despite having Hall of Fame Wrs in Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison until his defense stepped it up a notch with Freeney and Mathis.

You think Russell Wilson wins the Superbowl without Marshawn Lynch carrying the team all season long and that defense suffocating opposing offenses?

You think Big Ben wins his titles without the Steel Curtain terrorizing opposing offenses?

All QBs depend on the talent around them to win. That's why they call football the ultimate team sport.:rolleyes:

reading FAIL

as i said ... it's not about Alex Smith, you can win with him.

Dorsey paid too much in trade

Mr. Laz 05-09-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10615818)
Random thought: I predict that Lee will fall to the 3rd round, but probably not to the Chiefs' pick.

I doubt it

I bet Lee is gone within 12 picks today

Mother****erJones 05-09-2014 04:10 PM

Give me Moncrief tonight and I'll be in a much better mood.

R8RFAN 05-09-2014 04:10 PM

They are talking a Cowboys trade up with the Raiders right now..

Stay Tuned

Discuss Thrower 05-09-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10615824)
I doubt it

I bet Lee is gone within 12 picks today

Matthews - Latimer - Robinson - Lee.

The Franchise 05-09-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10615825)
Give me Moncrief tonight and I'll be in a much better mood.

This.