ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games DayZ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270257)

Buck 02-21-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10445821)
Have you enjoyed playing the game when you play by yourself?

DayZ? Not really. But I'm not the best, so I can't lonewolf like others can. It's pretty frightening to play by myself though. Always afraid I'm an inch away from permadeath.

Stanley Nickels 02-23-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10445854)
This is the only graphical game like ever that speaks to me to play. I used to play a permanent death text based RPG (MUD), as it spoiled me. Once you acquire the taste for it and the quality and type of player it attracts, permadeath is the only way to go. So much more intense and gripping. In text based persistent worlds it's even cooler because you're actually playing a character that writes part of the story of the world. Some characters lived out full lifetimes and grew to die of old age and others died within minutes of creation. You never knew which of your characters would live a long life and go down in the world's history.

If you get the game, you're welcome to join hometeam, Buck and myself. Play a few times a week, not a serious commitment .

Buck 02-23-2014 09:10 PM

So that Arma 3 Wasteland was fun. That mission to get the radar was tense. A lot more action than DayZ.

Buck 02-24-2014 10:54 AM

Rocket is leaving Bohemia and DayZ by the end of this year. Hope the game doesn't go to shit.

hometeam 02-24-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10450308)
Rocket is leaving Bohemia and DayZ by the end of this year. Hope the game doesn't go to shit.

Doubt it. Rocket is a creative voice behind the scenes, and he even said he would be there as long as they needed him.

1.5 million copies sold. I see only a bright future for dayz

hometeam 02-24-2014 02:03 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/deathdragon1987">@deathdragon1987</a> As I&#39;ve said: if I&#39;m still needed I&#39;m still involved</p>&mdash; Dean Hall (@rocket2guns) <a href="https://twitter.com/rocket2guns/statuses/437957490601246720">February 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bowener 02-24-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10450503)
Doubt it. Rocket is a creative voice behind the scenes, and he even said he would be there as long as they needed him.

1.5 million copies sold. I see only a bright future for dayz

He has said for months he is going to leave.

Here

hometeam 02-25-2014 05:49 PM

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/19ehC8kwoWE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bowener 02-25-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10453396)
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/19ehC8kwoWE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a rundown of what is in the video. My thoughts on it. I don't think of missed any of the talking points.

I like that the flashlights work in the day now. It can be used to signal players or something like that.

They are working on a physics for the game. Throwing items is pretty interesting and can be used in a variety of ways. Especially tossing things to your buddies. Throwing ammo when pinned down could be pretty sweet.

Containers like fridges are good because it is one step closer to having your own houses/bases where you can store your shit and build up an arsenal or infirmary, etc.

**** yeah! Bow and arrow! And the arrows remain visible once shot. Hopefully they can be collected and reused/repaired.

Shit yeah screwdriver as a weapon (that might already be in, but wasn't a few weeks ago). And new animations for weapons. Much more natural looking.

Expanding and creating new towns. Adding more buildings. Not going to show them though. Wants it to be a surprise. Hopefully new towns and at least a few cities will be built in the North. I would really like to see them put a large (the largest) city in the North, just to draw people off the coast.

Weather effected items is really going to make this game a bitch.

Hunting will be ****ing great! High risk high reward in the game. Draw zombies and people to you, but good source of food for your group. Working on camp fires for cooking food, warming players, drying items.

Interesting to learn why d-sync occurs. Nice to know it will be (possibly) fixed in a few weeks.

Big team currently working on animals is going to work on hit detection for zombies, so no more phasing through walls and floors. Plus adding zombie respawns means more total zeds. Won't be for several weeks. In 2 weeks it goes to experimental, which is internal, and then depending on bugs, will move out into the community.

Currently experimenting with persistent objects. Right now they are working with backpacks. Working on paper and wood (for barricades) as well. It will be awesome once you can barricade a building or area permanently for you and your friends.

Slow vehicles will be phased in first (bikes). Vehicles with have to be repaired/built by the players. Batteries, starters, spark plugs for cars/trucks/etc.

Buck 02-26-2014 07:34 PM

I need to play games tonight. It's been since Monday.

hometeam 02-26-2014 09:29 PM

tons of updates pushing extremely quick to experimental. plus 40 new experimental servers

Ceej 02-27-2014 01:32 PM

TheRadBrad has some pretty good videos too.

notorious 02-27-2014 07:03 PM

I was going to join you guys, but my computer is freezing every time I try to play this game. It is a very common problem in which I have yet to find an answer to.

Every other game runs flawlessly but DayZ.

I have to hard-reset my computer when it happens, so it's pretty much pushed me to a "**** it" attitude.

hometeam 02-27-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10457752)
I was going to join you guys, but my computer is freezing every time I try to play this game. It is a very common problem in which I have yet to find an answer to.

Every other game runs flawlessly but DayZ.

I have to hard-reset my computer when it happens, so it's pretty much pushed me to a "**** it" attitude.

lets figure it out. games don't usually crash in certain games unless there is a hardware issue like overheating, ram, PSU, etc

hometeam 03-01-2014 10:19 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gKn5Jgd95oU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>