ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The Declaration Of Independence, MO - The People vs. Matthew Gus Brennan Cassel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261629)

splatbass 07-23-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8762854)
That has nothing to do with coaching.

It's a shitty read by Cassel. Throwing to a receiver who has a 5 percent chance of getting the 1st down is terrible.

That was the intended receiver. He never looked at anyone else. That was the call.

Hammock Parties 07-23-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 8762861)
That was the intended receiver. He never looked at anyone else. That was the call.

LMAO

OK.

FYI, you can clearly see him looking downfield.

He's a POS.

Easy 6 07-23-2012 08:59 PM

You're a good kid, Matt... but not everyone gets to be the ace, some of us have to be the trusty #2 in life, now fetch me that pen over there...

rico 07-23-2012 09:21 PM

The chiefscrowd thread is littered with a Cassel apologist or two now. Un....farking.....believable. Do these ass-goblins even watch the games?!

NJChiefsFan 07-24-2012 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 8762861)

Are you saying there were no other routes? He can decide the guy was covered and go elsewhere. Now I agree all fan bases act like their play calling is the worst but that doesn't change the fact that Matt can't make decisions well enough to win against good teams. The guy isn't 24 yrs old. This isn't his third yr starting. Thinking there is more info needed to peg the guy is beyond optimistic IMO.

Now loud and over-reacting fan base/media can cause as many issues as quite over-loyal ones. KC is the latter and this issue highlights it IMO.

NJChiefsFan 07-24-2012 01:27 AM

I enjoyed the effort here. What do I care how he spends his time and since the universe didn't fill me in on the official rules on how to live your life I won't judge. That being said I again feel the need to point out that last week go chiefs said "stats are for losers".

Hammock Parties 07-24-2012 01:59 PM

The responses to this are amusing.

Quote:

Anyway, just because Cassel has struggled in the past against good defenses doesn't mean he will continue to do so.

Things change so much from year to year and he has more weapons now.. Eli Manning led the league w 25 INTs in 2010 next year he is all of a sudden elite.
Quote:

Cassel's record with a 2-14 team is excellent.

And his passing stats for a team that has been, for his entire tenure here, designed to be a running offense, are not bad either.
Quote:

you are the lamest "fan" I have ever seen. you buy into this assinine biased one sided "article" where some moron writes hes opinion and finds a stat to back it up.
Quote:

Cassel does not win when we throw first...we have not been a throw first team since Dick Vermeil...we throw when we are behind and have to abandon the run game...what? your precious article doesnt mention things like that?
Quote:

IN 2009 Matt Cassel was better then Drew Brees,Aaron Rodgers

In 20010 Matt Cassel was better then Drew Brees,Phillip Rivers,Matt Schab,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning,Jay Cuttler

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-24-2012 03:28 PM

ROFL @ "Time out please, I am very stupid".

Fish 07-24-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8764254)

Quote:

where some moron writes hes opinion and finds a stat to back it up.
How dare you.....

the Talking Can 07-24-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8761086)

this is the only play one needs to understand what a piece of shit Cassel is....

the only thought in his head is "going to poop my pants, but pawnsmoker will still blow me tonight....going to poop my pants, but pawnsmoker will still blow me tonight...going to poop my pants, but pawnsmoker will still blow me tonight...going to poop my pants, but pawnsmoker will still blow me tonight...going to poop my pants, but pawnsmoker will still blow me tonight...going to poop my pants, but pawnsmoker will still blow me tonight...oops, int...oh well, got paid"

rico 07-24-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8764254)

I read all those. What on earth can make a group of people so delusional?

Hammock Parties 07-24-2012 04:35 PM

That was in a 10-7 game, too.

On third and 11.

At the start of the third quarter.

The funny thing is after that play we went super conservative on offense, which eventually resulted in the failed 4th and 1.

So yeah, Cassel is the root of all evil.

Three7s 07-24-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 8762950)
The chiefscrowd thread is littered with a Cassel apologist or two now. Un....farking.....believable. Do these ass-goblins even watch the games?!

There's a reason I almost never post there anymore. They will think up every possible excuse known to man for defending Cassel.

themanwithnoname 07-24-2012 06:34 PM

I still want someone to print this off and get Cassel to sign it.

rico 07-24-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 8764773)
There's a reason I almost never post there anymore. They will think up every possible excuse known to man for defending Cassel.

Is that place home base for the Cassel apologists?

Quote:

Originally Posted by themanwithnoname (Post 8764869)
I still want someone to print this off and get Cassel to sign it.

I was thinking about this last night. If someone asked for his autograph at training camp and requested that he signed it, "Matt Cassel 3:16," I wonder if he'd get it...?

I read a comment somewhere, where a guy wrote that he lives in the same neighborhood as Cassel and that he sees him out running all the time. He said something along the lines of "ahh, I hate the guy as a QB because he sucks, but man he's a nice guy...will always say 'hello'" when he sees you in the neighborhood." My first thought was, "how on earth does he rack up the courage to run outside?" Is he blissfully unaware of the extent at which some fans despise him right now? He probably doesn't get on the net much. Lord knows if I were him and read some of this....I would be agoraphobic.