ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Marvel unviels their next four projects (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261513)

Tribal Warfare 06-10-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10682178)
That doesn't mean much now. DC doesn't seem to care about Ben Affleck's Daredevil past; Chris Evans was the Human Torch before he was Captain America; Samuel L. Jackson was in The Spirit before all of the Avengers movies; Ryan Reynolds has been three different superheroes, and is probably still on the short list for a few more.

In the 40's, actors played different gumshoes. In the 60's, spies. In the 80's, horny teenagers. Now, it's superheroes. It happens.

Ryan Reynolds is a perfect example of over saturation of Superhero roles, and it took me a little convincing to accept Evans as Cap too.

Rausch 06-10-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10682272)
Ryan Reynolds is a perfect example of over saturation of Superhero roles, and it took me a little convincing to accept Evans as Cap too.

I think if the money, writing, and direction of Cap 1 was at the same level as Cap 2 it would have been much better. I like the idea of it being in the WWII period and where that story could have gone. The change in American ideals, culture, and morals could have made for some interesting commentary.

It was boldly meh...

ThaVirus 06-10-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10682178)
That doesn't mean much now. DC doesn't seem to care about Ben Affleck's Daredevil past; Chris Evans was the Human Torch before he was Captain America; Samuel L. Jackson was in The Spirit before all of the Avengers movies; Ryan Reynolds has been three different superheroes, and is probably still on the short list for a few more.

In the 40's, actors played different gumshoes. In the 60's, spies. In the 80's, horny teenagers. Now, it's superheroes. It happens.

Deadpool and Green Lantern. What other superhero has Ryan Reynolds played?

Tribal Warfare 06-10-2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10682321)
Deadpool and Green Lantern. What other superhero has Ryan Reynolds played?

Hannibal King in Blade Trinity and Nick Walker in RIPD

Just Passin' By 06-10-2014 02:35 PM

Hardy and Cumberbatch are both high up on my "No thanks" list for Dr. Strange. I may be in the minority for that, and I'm probably in a ridiculously small minority for being adamantly enough opposed to Hardy that he'd probably get me to decide I'll never go to the movie, but so be it. I just don't like either one for the role.

DaveNull 06-10-2014 03:48 PM

I could see Cumberbatch, but not Hardy. Would be nice for him to get a major role like this where he didn't have to be behind the Bane mask the whole time.

Deberg_1990 06-10-2014 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 10682559)
I could see Cumberbatch, but not Hardy. Would be nice for him to get a major role like this where he didn't have to be behind the Bane mask the whole time.

He's the new Mad Max, which is supposed to come out next year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Aries Walker 06-10-2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10682334)
Hannibal King in Blade Trinity and Nick Walker in RIPD

You beat me to Hannibal King. I had totally forgotten about R.I.P.D., unsurprisingly.

ThaVirus 06-10-2014 04:52 PM

Oh, yeah. I always forget Blade is a comic book movie.

unlurking 06-10-2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10681456)
Dear God, not Tom Hardy. Why not Oded Fehr? (He was the guy with the face tattoos in The Mummy).

I'd rather see him take on the role of the real Mandarin.

Rausch 06-10-2014 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10682350)
Hardy and Cumberbatch are both high up on my "No thanks" list for Dr. Strange. I may be in the minority for that, and I'm probably in a ridiculously small minority for being adamantly enough opposed to Hardy that he'd probably get me to decide I'll never go to the movie, but so be it. I just don't like either one for the role.

Dr. Strange is one of those hard to cast roles that's either perfect or huge fail.

No in between...

unlurking 06-11-2014 05:29 PM

http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/6/10/...t=story-22659&

Quote:

Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce that acclaimed actor Vincent D’Onofrio has joined “Marvel’s Daredevil,” an all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015. Best known for his critically-lauded work in “Law & Order: Criminal Intent,” “Men in Black, “Full Metal Jacket” and “Homicide,” D’Onofrio will play Wilson Fisk, a powerful businessman whose interests in the future of Hell’s Kitchen will bring him into conflict with the blind attorney Matt Murdock and his alter ego Daredevil.

AustinChief 06-12-2014 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 10685078)

nice.

http://www.comicus.it/media/k2/items...6355c23_XL.jpg

Aries Walker 06-12-2014 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 10683079)
I'd rather see him take on the role of the real Mandarin.

If not Strange, he should be Baron Mordo.

Aries Walker 06-12-2014 02:51 AM

Also, D'Onofrio is perfect.