ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****Official 2012 CP Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256626)

jd1020 03-08-2012 11:22 AM

I posted that because it was said that "he tested at the highest level in every measurable." He's more than just fast.

Sfeihc 03-08-2012 11:44 AM

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina.

The Bucs problems at CB have been solved plus this front office has shown the desire to go Noah's Ark when drafting the last couple of seasons.

DaKCMan AP 03-08-2012 12:02 PM

The Browns got their QB in RGIII and some defensive help later in round 1. Now it's time to start surrounding RGIII with some weapons. Lamar Miller would be a good choice but I like a lot of RBs later in the draft.

Currently the Browns have Greg Little (who I like a lot), Mohammed Massaquoi (who should be primarily in the slot), and nothing else. Here's a guy who has, IMO, slipped off the radar a bit due to a less than impressive combine and playing in a run-first offense with garbage QBs in college. I view the WRs in this draft as 1. Blackmon, 2a. Floyd, and 2b. Jeffery.

The Cleveland Browns select WR Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina.

Direckshun 03-08-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8428644)
The Browns got their QB in RGIII and some defensive help later in round 1. Now it's time to start surrounding RGIII with some weapons. Lamar Miller would be a good choice but I like a lot of RBs later in the draft.

Currently the Browns have Greg Little (who I like a lot), Mohammed Massaquoi (who should be primarily in the slot), and nothing else. Here's a guy who has, IMO, slipped off the radar a bit due to a less than impressive combine and playing in a run-first offense with garbage QBs in college. I view the WRs in this draft as 1. Blackmon, 2a. Floyd, and 2b. Jeffery.

YOU MOTHER ****ER.

Direckshun 03-08-2012 12:04 PM

The Jags select TE Orson Charles, Georgia.

And are still smarting from losing outo n Jeffery.

RealSNR 03-08-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8428650)
YOU MOTHER ****ER.

Cool it. Chastin West is ready to bust out this year.

Direckshun 03-08-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8428666)
Cool it. Chastin West is ready to bust out this year.

:#

DeezNutz 03-08-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8428657)
The Jags select TE Orson Charles, Georgia.

And are still smarting from losing outo n Jeffery.

I wouldn't worry too much, actually. Jeffery is just too ****ing slow. David Boston 2.0, and I don't think he'll amount to much.

Now watch him blow up...

DaKCMan AP 03-08-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8428840)
I wouldn't worry too much, actually. Jeffery is just too ****ing slow. David Boston 2.0, and I don't think he'll amount to much.

Now watch him blow up...

David Boston was Awesome before he became a professional bodybuilder.

DeezNutz 03-08-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8428845)
David Boston was Awesome before he became a professional bodybuilder.

I almost wrote SD Boston, which is what I see. I really think Jeffery is going to struggle getting separation, and he doesn't seem to play with the physicality of a Bowe (or another comp. who lacks elite speed).

Like I said, I could be wrong; it happened once before in '87.

DaKCMan AP 03-08-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8428854)
I almost wrote SD Boston, which is what I see. I really think Jeffery is going to struggle getting separation, and he doesn't seem to play with the physicality of a Bowe (or another comp. who lacks elite speed).

Like I said, I could be wrong; it happened once before in '87.

I've been impressed with Jeffery when I've seen him play. I think what's hurt him the most is 1) playing within an offense built around Marcus Lattimore, 2) having Stephen Garcia and Connor Shaw as his QBs 3) Lattimore getting injured and missing the final 6 games.

#2 and #3 contributed most to Jeffery not repeating his 2010 performance.

The fact that he was chosen as an All-American over AJ Green & Julio Jones in 2010 and made the All-SEC 1st team over AJ Green the same year should tell you about his talent level. I also don't think he's that slow. I'd guess he's in the mid-4.5 range.

Sfeihc 03-08-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8428650)
YOU MOTHER ****ER.

Right off the top of your board. Ouch! I looked at Jeffery long and hard for the Bucs but figured with the players they already have a vet might be a more appropriate addition to the roster. That and the black hole they had @ CB.

DeezNutz 03-08-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8428990)
I've been impressed with Jeffery when I've seen him play. I think what's hurt him the most is 1) playing within an offense built around Marcus Lattimore, 2) having Stephen Garcia and Connor Shaw as his QBs 3) Lattimore getting injured and missing the final 6 games.

#2 and #3 contributed most to Jeffery not repeating his 2010 performance.

The fact that he was chosen as an All-American over AJ Green & Julio Jones in 2010 and made the All-SEC 1st team over AJ Green the same year should tell you about his talent level. I also don't think he's that slow. I'd guess he's in the mid-4.5 range.

Fair enough. I've probably seen him play 5-6 games and just have never come away impressed given the hype.

The pick is sensible enough; in fact, he'll probably be off the board in the first round. I'm just saying...

DJ's left nut 03-08-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 8428589)
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina.

The Bucs problems at CB have been solved plus this front office has shown the desire to go Noah's Ark when drafting the last couple of seasons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8428644)

These are back to back HR picks, IMO.

KC is doing damn well with those Browns picks, the board is coming to him nicely.

DJ's left nut 03-08-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 8429001)
Right off the top of your board. Ouch! I looked at Jeffery long and hard for the Bucs but figured with the players they already have a vet might be a more appropriate addition to the roster. That and the black hole they had @ CB.

I thought Gilmore might slide under the radar a little bit. I was pretty disappointed to lose out on him, not gonna lie.