ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Mad Men (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231096)

keg in kc 04-22-2012 10:25 PM

Pretty fantastic episode.

Buck 04-22-2012 10:37 PM

Ok, so any episode that focuses on Don, Peggy, Pete, or Roger are the best.

I don't really like Joan. Her and Lane are the only ones that get much attention other than the first 4 I mentioned. I'm sort of upset that Lane is getting thrown in there with Joan. Not saying it's not good, just her storyline doesn't interest me at all.

P.S. Tomorrow I'm going to start smoking a joint in the movie theater. Hopefully it ends in a handy.

Demonpenz 04-23-2012 12:02 PM

Good episode. Cars were wonderful. Roger on acid. The old dude telling Don to stop sucking.

DJ's left nut 04-23-2012 12:35 PM

I didn't really like that episode. Roger on acid felt more like a sitcom moment than it did Mad Men. There wasn't any of the nuance we're used to seeing in Mad Men - mostly just a 'dramatic' version of slapstick comedy.

I still can't stand Peggy. I liked her pulling a 'Don' in the Heinz pitch, but WTF was the rest of the episode about? Once again, she's just proven to be something of a whiny slut that can't quite figure out what the hell she wants to do with herself, but whatever it is, the world clearly owes it to her to make it happen. I will never understand the affinity for her character.

Douche move, Don. Douche move. Meaghan was being a bit of a bitch, but Don was being a total tool. Yeah Don - she decided she didn't like sherbert just to embarrass you... Don deserved to sweat that one out, IMO. In the end, that was the only redeeming value to the show; the fact that Don really had a bit of a human moment where he kinda got put in his place, both personally and professionally. That never really happens to him and it was a long time coming.

C- episode, IMO.

bandwagonjumper 04-23-2012 01:42 PM

Its kinda OT but how is Alison Brie in Mad Men. She plays Trudy Campbell. I only know from Community where she is hilarious but I doubt she plays the same kind of role in Mad Men.

Demonpenz 04-23-2012 03:42 PM

She is Pete's slap piece

Baby Lee 04-23-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8560744)
Douche move, Don. Douche move. Meaghan was being a bit of a bitch, but Don was being a total tool. Yeah Don - she decided she didn't like sherbert just to embarrass you... Don deserved to sweat that one out, IMO. In the end, that was the only redeeming value to the show; the fact that Don really had a bit of a human moment where he kinda got put in his place, both personally and professionally. That never really happens to him and it was a long time coming.

It was a tense situation, but if I had the mother situation Dick Whitman had and my wife told me 'why don't you call her,' I'd be considerably less restrained.

Reaper16 04-23-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8560744)
I still can't stand Peggy. I liked her pulling a 'Don' in the Heinz pitch, but WTF was the rest of the episode about? Once again, she's just proven to be something of a whiny slut that can't quite figure out what the hell she wants to do with herself, but whatever it is, the world clearly owes it to her to make it happen. I will never understand the affinity for her character.

DJ:TV watching :: Saccopoo:mock drafts?

Brock 04-24-2012 08:13 PM

Don was being a dick. It isn't like he doesn't know what a bitch looks and acts like, and sweet Meghan ain't it.

Pushead2 04-25-2012 02:37 PM

It was a weird episode for sure. I think something happens dramatically very soon.

Pushead2 04-29-2012 10:05 PM

lackluster episode.

Buck 04-29-2012 10:20 PM

LOL

Reaper16 04-29-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 8582265)
lackluster episode.

Fool.

Pitt Gorilla 04-29-2012 11:47 PM

Roger back on his game.

Demonpenz 04-30-2012 08:43 PM

is Megan a spy?