ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

Baby Lee 08-26-2014 09:19 PM

http://jezebel.com/a-tiny-church-is-...eis-1626429650

Iconic scene in jeopardy due to Croatian uptightness.

L.A. Chieffan 08-26-2014 11:33 PM

If they can cgi a 700 foot wall they can make it look like she's standing in front of the Sept

Baby Lee 08-27-2014 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 10852444)
If they can cgi a 700 foot wall they can make it look like she's standing in front of the Sept

But they budgeted a location shoot, so that's gonna be a renegotiate. ANs they scouted the location and were very attached to it. It'll probably work out, but it is a new headache.

BigRedChief 08-28-2014 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10852272)
http://jezebel.com/a-tiny-church-is-...eis-1626429650

Iconic scene in jeopardy due to Croatian uptightness.

It wasn't topless. It was completely nude. It's essential to the story line. They felt that walking Cersi through "her" streets nude was a better punishment than death. Thats a crucial scene. They can CGI it for sure. They can get a body double whatever but to have her walk through the streets clothed will make the scene lose its power.

Very few time does GWWM allow us to savor some comeuppance from a powerful asshole. Can't steal that from the fans.

Baby Lee 08-28-2014 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10855712)
It wasn't topless. It was completely nude. It's essential to the story line. They felt that walking Cersi through "her" streets nude was a better punishment than death. Thats a crucial scene. They can CGI it for sure. They can get a body double whatever but to have her walk through the streets clothed will make the scene lose its power.

Very few time does GWWM allow us to savor some comeuppance from a powerful asshole. Can't steal that from the fans.

Like jezebellians even watch GoT any more after Jamie and Cersei gave rape culture world wide hipness.

AndChiefs 09-03-2014 02:24 PM

No Bran or Hodor next season.

vailpass 09-03-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10855712)

And shaved completely.

DaFace 09-03-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 10876583)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5761430.html

Wow. I guess I'm not terribly surprised - there's not much more of his storyline available compared to the others at this point. Still, it's going to be a bit jarring to not have Bran in the picture at all, not to mention how much Isaac will age in real life during that time.

vailpass 09-03-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10876677)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5761430.html

Wow. I guess I'm not terribly surprised - there's not much more of his storyline available compared to the others at this point. Still, it's going to be a bit jarring to not have Bran in the picture at all, not to mention how much Isaac will age in real life during that time.

Next time we see him he may have roots growing out his face so maybe the age thing won't matter...

BigRedChief 09-03-2014 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 10876583)

His story on TV is way ahead of the books.

Easy 6 09-25-2014 09:07 AM

Finally got desperate enough last night to join a streaming movie and tv show website last night so I could start watching season four, 7 episodes in and its been a great season so far.

Was sooo glad Joffrey finally got killed off, he was at his most insufferable during that episode, that guy always nailed his role, great actor to make me hate him so much.

Poor Tyrion, always the blacksheep of the family, and having read some spoilers on yahoo I now know that his champion loses to the Mountain in the trial battle... but I'm almost sure he'll wiggle out of his fate somehow, atleast I hope he does.

Poor Sansa goes from the frying pan into the stew pot.

Khaleesi is slowly turning into a villain.

I've come to the conclusion that RR Martins favorite tactic to keep the drama ramped up is to shit all over the good guys constantly, he loves to piss me off with that device.

The episode, either two or three where the Hound and and Arya spend the night in the farmers house cracked me UP... when the farmer goes off on the long prayer before dinner and the Hound interrupts him with "we ask the stranger not to kill us in our beds tonight for no damn reason at all" ROFL

Just an incredible show, HBO really knows how to pick 'em.

duncan_idaho 09-25-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10876811)
His story on TV is way ahead of the books.

I don't know about 'way ahead.' Basically at the same point, I think. DwD shows some things with the children we haven't quite seen yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 10946462)
Finally got desperate enough last night to join a streaming movie and tv show website last night so I could start watching season four, 7 episodes in and its been a great season so far.

Was sooo glad Joffrey finally got killed off, he was at his most insufferable during that episode, that guy always nailed his role, great actor to make me hate him so much.

Poor Tyrion, always the blacksheep of the family, and having read some spoilers on yahoo I now know that his champion loses to the Mountain in the trial battle... but I'm almost sure he'll wiggle out of his fate somehow, atleast I hope he does.

Poor Sansa goes from the frying pan into the stew pot.

Khaleesi is slowly turning into a villain.

I've come to the conclusion that RR Martins favorite tactic to keep the drama ramped up is to shit all over the good guys constantly, he loves to piss me off with that device.

The episode, either two or three where the Hound and and Arya spend the night in the farmers house cracked me UP... when the farmer goes off on the long prayer before dinner and the Hound interrupts him with "we ask the stranger not to kill us in our beds tonight for no damn reason at all" ROFL

Just an incredible show, HBO really knows how to pick 'em.

I don't Martin is trying to ramp up the drama by having bad things happen to the good guys and gals... he's trying to show a more realistic depiction of real life and true human nature, and turn the fantasy genre on its head a little bit.

It's clearly worked. Without George R.R. Martin, I don't think we see Mark Lawrence or Joe Abercombie or maybe even Steven Eriksen have nearly as much success as they have experienced.

If people think Game of Thrones is harsh, I can only imagine how they would react to the Malazan Book of the Fallen.

Easy 6 09-25-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10946643)
I don't know about 'way ahead.' Basically at the same point, I think. DwD shows some things with the children we haven't quite seen yet.

I don't Martin is trying to ramp up the drama by having bad things happen to the good guys and gals... he's trying to show a more realistic depiction of real life and true human nature, and turn the fantasy genre on its head a little bit.

It's clearly worked. Without George R.R. Martin, I don't think we see Mark Lawrence or Joe Abercombie or maybe even Steven Eriksen have nearly as much success as they have experienced.

If people think Game of Thrones is harsh, I can only imagine how they would react to the Malazan Book of the Fallen.

I have no idea who those other 3 are, but you're right I suppose, bad things always happen to good people and its no different in that world.

It definitely works as a storytelling device, its got me hooked.

duncan_idaho 09-25-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 10946665)
I have no idea who those other 3 are, but you're right I suppose, bad things always happen to good people and its no different in that world.

It definitely works as a storytelling device, its got me hooked.

If you like to read and enjoy Martin's style, those are three guys you should check out. (They've all been mentioned in the book thread).

Abercrombie or Lawrence would be your easiest reads. Eriksen is a hell of a lot of work... you have to REALLY enjoy reading to enjoy reading that series (but I think it's worth).

Easy 6 09-25-2014 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10946737)
If you like to read and enjoy Martin's style, those are three guys you should check out. (They've all been mentioned in the book thread).

Abercrombie or Lawrence would be your easiest reads. Eriksen is a hell of a lot of work... you have to REALLY enjoy reading to enjoy reading that series (but I think it's worth).

Have loved to read since age 8, thanks for the tip, I'll look for Eriksen in particular next time I hit the library.