ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Offical 2012 STL Cardinals World Champions Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619)

Prison Bitch 12-10-2012 08:48 PM

It's just so hard to trade an arm like Miller. Esp when you see what starting pitchers are going for on the FA market. As the Cards know, signing several the past few years to extensions or to come there and pitch. Ain't cheap.

Rams Fan 12-10-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9198288)
It's just so hard to trade an arm like Miller. Esp when you see what starting pitchers are going for on the FA market. As the Cards know, signing several the past few years to extensions or to come there and pitch. Ain't cheap.

Damn right.

Which is why Wainwright in all likely hood will be back due to Carp's contract being up. And I understand why Westbrook was brought back, but that still doesn't mean he isn't possible to move, I just would have rather seen Miller/Rosenthal get a better chance at a rotation spot.

Prison Bitch 12-10-2012 08:54 PM

I'm not a Cards fan (in fact I hate them) but I always liked Westbrook. I think he's a really solid guy in a MLB rotation. If you followed the Royals more closely you'd appreciate Westbrook much more. That said I'm sure Miller will get the 5th spot or assume it after the first injury.

Rams Fan 12-10-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9198303)
I'm not a Cards fan (in fact I hate them) but I always liked Westbrook. I think he's a really solid guy in a MLB rotation. If you followed the Royals more closely you'd appreciate Westbrook much more. That said I'm sure Miller will get the 5th spot or assume it after the first injury.

Westbrook is what he is-a decent pitcher. He looks really good sometimes and looks like pure shit at other times. I would think giving the young kids a shot would be better in the long term, however, it could also just be used as a tactic to delay the arbitration clock(which I doubt is the case).

Prison Bitch 12-10-2012 08:58 PM

You could suspect that with many clubs, but the Cards normally don't play any of those type of games. They don't have to. If Miller was rotation-worthy he'd be in there without hesitation.

Rams Fan 12-10-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9198316)
You could suspect that with many clubs, but the Cards normally don't play any of those type of games. They don't have to. If Miller was rotation-worthy he'd be in there without hesitation.

As I said, I doubt that it's the case, but you never know. Hopefully Taveras is up sooner rather than later.

BigRedChief 12-10-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9198316)

WTF? Do you follow the development of the cardinals minor league system? So now he is not even worth being in the rotation?

Miller has projected as a #1 starter since he was drafted. He got humbled earlier in the year and he was lights out at the end. He was almost perfect in the playoffs.

Prison Bitch 12-11-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9198429)
WTF? Do you follow the development of the cardinals minor league system?

No, can't say that I do.

Anyway, the Cards should take a flier on Luke Hochevar. Guy has great stuff and has several great starts every year. Really durable too. Cards are masters of reclamation projects, and I bet they'd turn him into a very good pitcher esp given that you could ease his anxieties a bit having him avoid the DH. He's susceptible to the big inning and that is reduced in the NL. I bet he'd win 10-12 games for them, easy.

Mi_chief_fan 12-11-2012 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9198065)
Oh, Shelby's a #1 starter now, is he? Looks like O's fans aren't the only ones who over-rate their prospects.

We can debate this forever, but why on Earth would they trade a top prospect for more prospects? It's not like they have to rebuild, they're trying to win another World Series. If there's a move to be made for a big leaguer that would help with that, who knows if they'd trade Miller, but what you're suggesting is completely laughable.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-11-2012 07:44 AM

Why is Wicked crapping in our thread?

TrebMaxx 12-11-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9199176)
Why is Wicked crapping in our thread?

It's what he does. The only thing he does.

BigRedChief 12-11-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9199037)
No, can't say that I do.

Anyway, the Cards should take a flier on Luke Hochevar. Guy has great stuff and has several great starts every year. Really durable too. Cards are masters of reclamation projects, and I bet they'd turn him into a very good pitcher esp given that you could ease his anxieties a bit having him avoid the DH. He's susceptible to the big inning and that is reduced in the NL. I bet he'd win 10-12 games for them, easy.

We have a glut of young pitchers waiting their chance to start. But, anyways, Duncan was the magic behind the reclamation of washed up pitchers. He's retired now.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-11-2012 10:20 PM

MLB Trade Rumors ‏@mlbtraderumors

Dodgers Acquire Skip Schumaker From Cardinals http://bit.ly/XQWitc #mlb

Miles 12-11-2012 10:21 PM

Unfortunately the the Reds just got stronger by acquiring Shin-Soo Choo this evening.

Rams Fan 12-11-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 9201310)
Unfortunately the the Reds just got stronger by acquiring Shin-Soo Choo this evening.

Nice trade to get Choo pretty much for nothing, though it will be interesting to see how he performs in CF.