ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

KC_Connection 06-10-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10682638)
I'm imagining Sandor Cleagane dies from infection in that damn bite, because he is suddenly likable.

I've been worried about the Hound surviving this season for at least 4-5 episodes now. The fact that they referenced his bite wound again in episode 8 may have been a telling sign.

Buehler445 06-10-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10683340)
I've been worried about the Hound surviving this season for at least 4-5 episodes now. The fact that they referenced his bite wound again in episode 8 may have been a telling sign.

Yeah. Make him cool, dead him. It is the way of the universe.

KevB 06-10-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10682980)
Yeah, I'm all caught up now.

It's just bullshit when they kill off such likable characters, especially when they have such pure motives. Where's the justice? The retribution? What should happen rarely ever does in this show.

"If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place"

Tyrion summed the show up nicely a couple of eps ago.

BigRedChief 06-10-2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10683560)
"If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place"

Tyrion summed the show up nicely a couple of eps ago.

This and what DaFace said. It's the authors intention. Anyone can die at any time. Good guys don't always win. When they do survive its not clean. Bad guys win. Either you accept this or just quit watching.

Bowser 06-10-2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10683340)

The last time he got screen time he was fidgeting with the wound. Like he was stretching out his neck because it was sore....

ThaVirus 06-11-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10667861)
I'm just going to throw this out there - the Mountain is a terrible fighter. He's slow, unbalanced, easily fooled, and prone to charging. He doesn't follow up on his opportunities (except the one), and for some reason insists on using that massive sword one-handed most of the time. The only thing he's got going for him is his size, and any fighter worth his salt would have him dead, and quickly.

Sorry. I know it's fiction, but I can't help it.

This is something that's been annoying me lately. They give huge men in this series far too much power- as if crossing the 6'6" threshold grants you some sort of super strength. It's been pretty evident in The Hound all series and, more recently, in The Mountain and Hodor.

That Viper vs. Mountain fight was pretty great though. I liked how they showed off Oberyn's agility and acrobatic prowess. When he'd dodge a blow or lunge for an attack, he'd slide across the ground. It actually reminded me more of how a mongoose would move but it was well done.

If only Oberyn would have dealt the finishing blow before letting his guard down :(

"YOU RAPED HER! YOU MURDERED HER! YOU KILLED HER CHILDREN!"

Buehler445 06-11-2014 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10684732)
This is something that's been annoying me lately. They give huge men in this series far too much power- as if crossing the 6'6" threshold grants you some sort of super strength. It's been pretty evident in The Hound all series and, more recently, in The Mountain and Hodor.

That Viper vs. Mountain fight was pretty great though. I liked how they showed off Oberyn's agility and acrobatic prowess. When he'd dodge a blow or lunge for an attack, he'd slide across the ground. It actually reminded me more of how a mongoose would move but it was well done.

If only Oberyn would have dealt the finishing blow before letting his guard down :(

"YOU RAPED HER! YOU MURDERED HER! YOU KILLED HER CHILDREN!"

Yeah, but Pip killed a big ass giant defending the gate.

Buehler445 06-11-2014 03:53 PM

And **** you for hating on Hodor.

Because Hodor.

AndChiefs 06-11-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10684901)
Yeah, but Pip killed a big ass giant defending the gate.

That was Grenn. Pyp was the one that took the quarrel to the throat.

Aries Walker 06-11-2014 04:21 PM

I really liked Grenn, too. Faithful, competent, always there. The kind of right-hand-man any commander would want.

Buehler445 06-11-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 10684910)
That was Grenn. Pyp was the one that took the quarrel to the throat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10684941)
I really liked Grenn, too. Faithful, competent, always there. The kind of right-hand-man any commander would want.

Crap. My bad. I liked him too.

alanm 06-11-2014 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10685117)
Crap. My bad. I liked him too.

I need a program to keep up with the minor characters in the show. There's just too many of them to remember their names. :(

MMXcalibur 06-12-2014 12:31 AM

It is taking every single ounce of self-control I have to not look up what happens next.
I can't believe I'm waiting for my weekend to be over with already :D

KC_Connection 06-12-2014 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 10685844)
It is taking every single ounce of self-control I have to not look up what happens next.
I can't believe I'm waiting for my weekend to be over with already :D

Every time a season ends I always get the urge to read all the books and have somehow managed to resist it so far (beyond book #1 which I read between Season 1 and Season 2). We'll see if I can do it again this year.

mr. tegu 06-12-2014 09:25 AM

33 jokes only Game of Thrones fans will understand.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ashleyperez/got-jokes?bffb