ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

keg in kc 05-16-2009 11:17 PM

I really wanted to see The Brothers Bloom this weekend, but it didn't open anywhere near here. :(

KcMizzou 05-17-2009 12:27 AM

Fanboys was cool. Gochiefs has got to see it. (Any geek, for that matter.)

The Kevin and Jay cameo was perfect.

Miles 05-17-2009 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5772394)

I hadn't heard much about other than it was a new release and Kristen Bell is hot. I watched all of the Big Bang Theory last week and finally saw Star Trek today so I might as well watch some more nerd shit while I'm on a roll.

KcMizzou 05-17-2009 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 5772404)
I hadn't heard much about other than it was a new release and Kristen Bell is hot. I watched all of the Big Bang Theory last week and finally saw Star Trek today so I might as well watch some more nerd shit while I'm on a roll.

She's the nerd dream girl in this.

Of course, as usual in movies like this... none of them seem to notice.

Miles 05-17-2009 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5772408)
She's the nerd dream girl in this.

Of course, as usual in movies like this... none of them seem to notice.

Just bumped it up in my Netflix queue so I should get it this week. Reminds me of another that I have been meaning to watch for a while with Shatner in "Free Enterprise".

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-17-2009 02:43 AM

Let The Right One In:

MORE FOREIGN FILMS! How nice to not have my intelligence insulted for two hours.

Question: What kind of truck do Swedish hillbillies drive?

Answer: Fjord.
( ska-duump-baa! )

Miles 05-17-2009 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5772436)
MORE FOREIGN FILMS! How nice to not have my intelligence insulted for two hours.

Rent "Tell No One".

Buehler445 05-17-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 5770263)
Taken

Utterly ridiclous.

But pure awesomeness. It was like if James Bond had retired and had a daughter kidnapped. This movie is basically what 007 would do. Lay waste to 200 men in under 90 minutes.

Most excellent.

I'm anxious to see this one also. I am a Niesen fan. And also a fan of passionate mindless violence. I know how the movie will end (most likely) but still want to see it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 5770816)
I will be watching this one tonight. Last night was Underworld Rise of the Lycans - Meh - ok I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 5771037)
Watched two last night:

Passangers - It was fairly watchable but nothing noteworthy.

Underworld Rise of the Lycans - I wasn't expecting much but it's a solid enough flick if you enjoyed the other two.

I'm torn about this one. I REALLY liked the first one, but the second one? Not so much. I'll probably give it a rent, but I won't be expecting too much. And not having Beckinsale in it makes me sad...:(

Hammock Parties 05-17-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5772394)

It's out? Where??

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-17-2009 05:42 PM

"S Darko".

Oh the suck. Good GOD the suck. Suckity-suckity-suck-suck-suck!

Minus infinity the suck.

KevB 05-17-2009 06:49 PM

Watched Rise of the Lycans and Taken on Friday/Saturday night.

I am a fan of Underworld, but it just wasn't the same without Kate. Decent enough I guess if you go in knowing what you're getting. There was an argument a while back when it was first announced that Kate (yes, we're on a first name basis :shake:) wouldn't be in this and Rhona Mitra would be. Some interjected that Rhona was hotter. Um, no. She's a worthy replacement, and she is hot, but she's no Kate Beckinsale.

Taken was quite a bit of fun. I found myself really engaged in the pursuit of the guy's daughter, really pulling for him as he went from one place to another. It was completely unbelievable throughout, but it provided what is expected from that kind of movie.

Sure-Oz 05-17-2009 10:33 PM

Watched Marley and Me...great feel good movie imo.

Also saw The Wrestler, depressing, but it was a great movie.

Otter 05-18-2009 02:59 AM

I just watched "The Virgin Suicides".

The first time I saw kirsten Dunst was in Spiderman and she was super cute but in Virgin Suicides she was "I'd walk a mile on my knees to lick your foot" hot.

Goes to show you, perception is everything.

Pretty cool movie by the way. Super atmoshperic and dreamy but that's kind of my bag of chips. Everyone said it was depressing, I didn't take it that way. Those girls always seemed like they had an ace up their sleeve or knew something we (the viewing audience) didn't.

I like movies that leave you thinking however. It's another artsy one that leaves much for discussion. I'm on a kick with that genre.

Fire Me Boy! 05-18-2009 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 5773856)
I just watched "The Virgin Suicides".

The first time I saw kirsten Dunst was in Spiderman and she was super cute but in Virgin Suicides she was "I'd walk a mile on my knees to lick your foot" hot.

Goes to show you, perception is everything.

Pretty cool movie by the way. Super atmoshperic and dreamy but that's kind of my bag of chips. Everyone said it was depressing, I didn't take it that way. Those girls always seemed like they had an ace up their sleeve or knew something we (the viewing audience) didn't.

I like movies that leave you thinking however. It's another artsy one that leaves much for discussion. I'm on a kick with that genre.

I enjoyed the hell out of that movie. :thumb:

Otter 05-18-2009 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5773885)
I enjoyed the hell out of that movie. :thumb:

I want to watch it again to pick it apart a little further. Trippy.