ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

Raiderhater 12-02-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9174471)
Guilty as charged.

LMAO

dirk digler 12-02-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9174485)
It will be interesting to hear what the mother says, assuming she ever speaks publicly about it. Of course, other than to satisfy the public's morbid curiosity, there's really no need for her to do so.

I am pretty sure the police will release that information.

Marcellus 12-02-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9174496)
He shot her 9 times.

In front of his mother, no less.

Does that sound like the act of a person in sane mind and body? Somebody that had never been in trouble before in their life?

Marcellus 12-02-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9174507)

Yea rarely do you have a living eye witness to something like this.

AustinChief 12-02-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9174496)
He shot her 9 times.

In front of his mother, no less.

Count to 3 out loud right now.

Pretty quick huh?

That's how long it would take to fire 9 shots.

The number of times he shot her has ZERO relevance unless he stopped for a few seconds then went in for a kill shot or had to reload or whatever. I certainly don;t know since I wasn't there and no facts are available. Kinda my point.

To be clear I am not making excuses, Hell it could be far WORSE than what many are assuming. I am just admitting that I have no clue and not enough facts to make any kind of reasonable guess as to the circumstances.

Frazod 12-02-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9174507)

Why should they? Open and shut case. Dead and dead. And why should she want to talk about it? I mean, if it was my kid who hosed somebody right in front of me and then later blew his brains out, I don't really think I'd want to talk to the media about it.

banyon 12-02-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9174460)
I'm sure this point has been made here already.. but I'll state it again just in case. WE don't have any clue what the facts are here. Since Belcher committed suicide there will be no trial and it is likely all the facts will never come to light..

If Belcher's estate still has $, then there could be a wrongful death suit where those facts might come out.

Mother****erJones 12-02-2012 09:32 PM

Its just hard for me to comment to detail on this without fully knowing everything. Just a sad situation

Marcellus 12-02-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9174558)
Why should they? Open and shut case. Dead and dead. And why should she want to talk about it? I mean, if it was my kid who hosed somebody right in front of me and then later blew his brains out, I don't really think I'd want to talk to the media about it.

I could be wrong but I imagine she gave a statement to the police as part of the report and that is available as public record now.

I could be wrong on that.

AustinChief 12-02-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banyon (Post 9174559)
If Belcher's estate still has $, then there could be a wrongful death suit where those facts might come out.

Ah, very true... but I doubt it since there isn't really anyone to benefit except the child who already should. Only way this happens is if there is serious animosity between the parents, of course, who knows.

My guess is that the media coverage will die down and very little reliable information will become available. Which honestly is fine, none of us have a "right" to know and I'm sure it's better for the families not to have this drug out.

banyon 12-02-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9174461)
If you are referring to leaving his locker intact yea I have no issue with it.

I have yet to see one person say he didn't do something terrible. How you chose to feel about the circumstances or how you process what happened afterwards is up to you.

You chose to go total piece of shit route right out the gate.

I chose to wonder WTF happened that caused this. Regardless of that fact I feel he bears responsibility for his actions alive or dead. I am just not certain what that entails yet.

See the difference?

I'm comfortable condemning the actions of a murderer, and I'm going to remain so.

If there's some evidence that he didn't actually murder her, then that's different. But blaming it on rage/handguns/unspecified addictions/ as the cause, as opposed to his choice, is unfortunately, something I hear too much every day.

threebag 12-02-2012 09:34 PM

What a ****ing roller coaster ride of a ****ing weekend.

memyselfI 12-02-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9174252)
And these are people (the players) who literally know the families involved including JC's wife. Yet people here who have never met the families or personally know anyone involved know the best way for them to grieve for the horrendous situation.

Odd.

Bravo.

banyon 12-02-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9174591)
Ah, very true... but I doubt it since there isn't really anyone to benefit except the child who already should. Only way this happens is if there is serious animosity between the parents, of course, who knows.

My guess is that the media coverage will die down and very little reliable information will become available. Which honestly is fine, none of us have a "right" to know and I'm sure it's better for the families not to have this drug out.

Ah, you underestimate the greed of NFL agents.

AustinChief 12-02-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banyon (Post 9174603)
Ah, you underestimate the greed of NFL agents.

I totally didn't think about that aspect... yuck.