ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Demetrius Harris: Idiot (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306460)

kccrow 08-24-2017 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13034674)
Who? They went through running backs like Gatorade last year

That's why they've been drafting and trading for backs for years? Huh?

:facepalm:

Seattle has Thomas Rawls, Alex Collins, C.J. Procise, Chris Carson (they drafted this year and LOVE), and Eddie Lacey to weed through. It looks like Rawls, Procise, and Carson are going to be their 3 backs at this point. They aren't trading for a back.

Green Bay has Ty Montgomery back and drafted 3 running backs this season: Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, and Devante Mays. Williams is more of their traditional power back that they like. Jones looks like a good 3rd down back. I don't see them trading for a back either.

Buffalo is a maybe since nobody behind Shady looks that great. I'm sure they'll keep Jonathan Williams, but alot to be desired following that. At this point, I'd lean towards scatback Taiwan Jones. I think this is the only shot of the 4 teams you mentioned to make a trade with.

The Eagles will certainly keep Wendell Smallwood who had a few solid showings in his rookie year (they drafted him in the 5th in 2016). They have vets in LaGarrette Blount and Darrin Sproles and have two rookies in Corey Clement and Donnel Pumphrey (although he looks more like a gadget player), plus Byron Marshall flashed a bit at the end of last season. They have some decisions to make there. Could West overtake any of those guys? It's a tough call, but I sincerely doubt it.

raybec 4 08-24-2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13034732)
Agree to disagree.

And Lacy is garbage.

If Lacy makes the team I'll be surprised. Back up running backs that don't play special teams are not coveted. He ate his way out of Green Bay and may not survive this year's cuts.

NJChiefsFan 08-24-2017 09:39 PM

I think the Chiefs will be ok with either RB they choose as their #3. West is probably the safer pick if you are thinking of a scenario where we really need our 3 to step up. Perhaps Spiller is more valuable as a change of pace when we need a burst in the screen game or something.

I just really enjoy the way the Chiefs have gone about getting these 4 options. With the state of the position and the value you can get it just isn't worth investing high picks on RB.

The Chiefs have done well at the RB position and out of Holmes, LJ, Charles, Davis, Ware, West, and potentially Hunt only LJ was taken with a 1st round pick. I know many will chuckle that I included Davis and probably rightfully so. But he did step in and help for a short time and have a few big plays for us. I'm not saying he was good, but he did more than some backs do.

Overall KC has done well not paying a high price for RBs.

penbrook 08-24-2017 09:48 PM

West needs to learn to not fumble. He had a crucial fumble in the Patriots game 2 years ago

Frosty 08-24-2017 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13035027)
West needs to learn to not fumble. He had a crucial fumble in the Patriots game 2 years ago

That was Knile Davis

penbrook 08-24-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 13035049)
That was Knile Davis

**** I meant the Steelers in the playoff game

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-25-2017 02:16 AM

Thread titles are so overrated

thegame214 08-25-2017 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13035052)
**** I meant the Steelers in the playoff game

Maybe Alex shouldn't throw picks in that game either

Couch-Potato 08-25-2017 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13034777)
Seattle has Thomas Rawls, Alex Collins, C.J. Procise, Chris Carson (they drafted this year and LOVE), and Eddie Lacey to weed through. It looks like Rawls, Procise, and Carson are going to be their 3 backs at this point. They aren't trading for a back.

Green Bay has Ty Montgomery back and drafted 3 running backs this season: Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, and Devante Mays. Williams is more of their traditional power back that they like. Jones looks like a good 3rd down back. I don't see them trading for a back either.

Buffalo is a maybe since nobody behind Shady looks that great. I'm sure they'll keep Jonathan Williams, but alot to be desired following that. At this point, I'd lean towards scatback Taiwan Jones. I think this is the only shot of the 4 teams you mentioned to make a trade with.

The Eagles will certainly keep Wendell Smallwood who had a few solid showings in his rookie year (they drafted him in the 5th in 2016). They have vets in LaGarrette Blount and Darrin Sproles and have two rookies in Corey Clement and Donnel Pumphrey (although he looks more like a gadget player), plus Byron Marshall flashed a bit at the end of last season. They have some decisions to make there. Could West overtake any of those guys? It's a tough call, but I sincerely doubt it.

Maybe Bills move McCoy to Giants, he's reportedly available.

Grim 08-25-2017 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 13035160)
Thread titles are so overrated

ROFL

Couch-Potato 08-25-2017 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13034526)
Good ****ing god, West isn't going on the Practice Squad.

The Chiefs would be beyond foolish not only to cut him but even worse, not even to trade him.

The guy has proven that when healthy, he's an effective WCO running back.

Seattle, Green Bay, Buffalo and Philly could use him immediately.

Ware might be more notable around the league, and thus worthy of being our trade bate. To be honest, I'd be surprised if anyone outside of KC knew who either Ware or West were.

...I'm thinking, at best, we could move one of them for an available player. Phillip Dorsett and a 6th? Reggie Ragland if the Bills move McCoy to someone like the Giants, Malcolm Butler if NE has an injury?

BossChief 08-25-2017 08:26 AM

Can't cut Ware, West or Hunt. All three are too good of values.

Ware and west signing those 3 year 4 million dollar deals were HUGE bargains.

Spiller looked good at camp and has been pretty good in PS, too...he has a good chance to stick.

gonefishin53 08-25-2017 10:06 AM

It seems pretty clear that with the drafting of Hunt that AR is going the RB by committee route for 2017. Ware, West, Davis, and Charles combined for 327 rushing attempts and 66 receptions in 2016. Ware was the only effective RB with 1368 yards and 5 TDs on 214 rush attempt and 33 catches. But that was more than Ware could handle. I expect Ware and Hunt will share the workhorse back load while one of West or Spiller (I prefer Spiller) will be change of pace/third and long screen pass back.

As for Harris, unless the NFL front office and GM Veach announce that Harris is not facing disciplinary action, I will have doubts about his contribution in 2017.