ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Sac's 2014 Chiefs Mock Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275310)

RealSNR 03-02-2014 03:15 PM

I also love the Urban pick. DeVito won't always be around, and Bailey and Catapano, while promising players who are valuable to the team, aren't exactly run stuffers. Urban would be one of those under-the-radar selections that goes a long way to securing and maintaining the foundation of a sound defensive line.

Saccopoo 03-02-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10462787)
I also love the Urban pick. DeVito won't always be around, and Bailey and Catapano, while promising players who are valuable to the team, aren't exactly run stuffers. Urban would be one of those under-the-radar selections that goes a long way to securing and maintaining the foundation of a sound defensive line.

I agree. I think he would have been receiving a lot more of the same type of press that Hageman and Tuitt are getting if he didn't play the majority of the 2013 season on a bad wheel which actually forced him out of a handful of games.

He's a pretty nice player with power and some speed. And despite being 300 lbs., he's nowhere near maxed on his frame.

Saccopoo 03-30-2014 02:54 PM

Newly modified to reflect free agency period.

planetdoc 03-30-2014 03:31 PM

nice draft.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-30-2014 09:05 PM

"Haley"

Saccopoo 04-14-2014 03:48 PM

Updated to reflect team needs with less than a month to go before the actual Draft.

Direckshun 04-14-2014 03:59 PM

I don't like Van Noy that early, and I don't like Cyril Richardson at all.

Sfeihc 04-14-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10562545)

In my research of Richardson I thought he was massive but lacked technique. He would just ram into defenders time and again. It was easy to decide between Dozier and him.

Direckshun 04-14-2014 04:09 PM

He played in a system that faced minimal pressure too.

Just don't like him at all.

Saccopoo 04-14-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10562545)

You may not, but I'm pretty sure a team like the Chargers do. They'll give him serious consideration with their #25 pick. Denver will as well with the #31.

Considering his versatility, big time production on impact plays and instincts, I think Van Noy is a very solid first round selection.

And I love Richardson, especially at guard. The guy is powerful and has very good hands and feet. You're talking about a guy who was a two-time All-American including first team on every single recognized All-American list this past season. Two time first team All-Conference. Jim Parker Award winner.

Anchored a line that led the nation in total yards, scoring and rushing.

89 knockdowns in 2013.

Richardson literally was one of the best offensive line players in college in 2013. I'd rank him third to Gabe Jackson and S'ua-Filo in terms of guard prospects.

He was starter at left guard in 2013 and 2012 (where he earned first team All-Conference and second team All-America honors). Starter at left tackle as a sophomore.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MLujH-LdyrU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't see how it's possible not to like Richardson, especially if he's there in the third round as he's being projected.

Direckshun 04-14-2014 05:09 PM

Because you've seen him get his shit pushed in all offseason.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-14-2014 06:27 PM

Replace your first pick with Kony Ealy and you've got yourself a winner.

Saccopoo 04-14-2014 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10562636)
Because you've seen him get his shit pushed in all offseason.

The guy at the Senior Bowl wasn't the same guy during his college career, especially this past season where he was wrecking dudes every game.

I loathe the Senior Bowl and what it represents to the casual fan. Nothing gets them more pumped than hearing about defensive linemen kicking the shit out of the offensive line guys in the drills. Happens every single year. (Ryan Sims anyone?)

Richardson gained some weight post season and didn't look good from the Senior Bowl through the Combine. If that means that he drops to the Chiefs in the third, then all the better. But he's not the slack ass you want him to be. This guy kicked just about everybody's ass he went up against for nearly his whole college career. He's not a one year wonder or post-season All Star game hero.

Now, I can understand your concerns about the offensive scheme at Baylor affecting some of this, but Baylor ran a shit ton behind Richardson and he was solid in pass protection as well.

You may not like him in the same way that I don't like David Yankey (not strong at the point of attack and needs to be moving constantly to be truly effective), but you can't say that either would be an outstanding value in the third round.

milkman 04-16-2014 11:21 AM

I can't say I don't like this most recent update, which is disappointing.

RealSNR 04-16-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10562803)
The guy at the Senior Bowl wasn't the same guy during his college career, especially this past season where he was wrecking dudes every game.

I loathe the Senior Bowl and what it represents to the casual fan. Nothing gets them more pumped than hearing about defensive linemen kicking the shit out of the offensive line guys in the drills. Happens every single year. (Ryan Sims anyone?)

Richardson gained some weight post season and didn't look good from the Senior Bowl through the Combine. If that means that he drops to the Chiefs in the third, then all the better. But he's not the slack ass you want him to be. This guy kicked just about everybody's ass he went up against for nearly his whole college career. He's not a one year wonder or post-season All Star game hero.

Now, I can understand your concerns about the offensive scheme at Baylor affecting some of this, but Baylor ran a shit ton behind Richardson and he was solid in pass protection as well.

You may not like him in the same way that I don't like David Yankey (not strong at the point of attack and needs to be moving constantly to be truly effective), but you can't say that either would be an outstanding value in the third round.

Does it work the same way in reverse? Eric fisher kicked the shit out of his opponents at the senior bowl, which was the event that cemented his status as a first round pick.