ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012-2013 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265263)

Bearcat 11-05-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9088775)
Perhaps most KU fans have come to the realization that Bill Self coached teams are generally going to be just fine come spring.

Exactly.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-05-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Perhaps most KU fans have come to the realization that Bill Self coached teams are generally going to be just fine come spring.

Tonight's game is nothing out of the norm.

Bill plays with the lineups and works on set plays. The D2 schools play on the biggest stage they will the whole season. Pretty typical game.

Mr. Plow 11-05-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Yup. I used to worry every damn season until it sunk in.....Self builds the team to peak in Jan/Feb/Mar instead of Nov/Dec. It generally takes that long for all the new guys to finally realize they are going to have to fully commit to defense if they want to play.

Ceej 11-05-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9088797)
Yup. I used to worry every damn season until it sunk in.....Self builds the team to peak in Jan/Feb/Mar instead of Nov/Dec. It generally takes that long for all the new guys to finally realize they are going to have to fully commit to defense if they want to play.

So what you're trying to say is Bill Self recruited you too?

LMAO

Lzen 11-05-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9088754)
Surprisingly even-keeled group for a night when the MIAA competes, despite horrendous shooting.

In Bill we trust. Lots of new faces and even old faces with new roles/expectations. This team probably won't resemble anything like a well oiled machine until at least January. Washburn has been a very good D2 program for a long, long time. They start 4 seniors and 1 junior. KU turned it over a lot and missed many shots (including FTs). All of those factors kept this from being a blowout. I'm not too worried.

Mr. Plow 11-05-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9088810)
So what you're trying to say is Bill Self recruited you too?

LMAO

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH AND PAY ME MY MONEY! :p

Ceej 11-05-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9088815)
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH AND PAY ME MY MONEY! :p

Quit offering me your e-tongue, queer.

KC_Connection 11-05-2012 09:42 PM

That was horrible. One of the worst KU games I've ever been to. Good thing it didn't mean anything right now (although they might want to gain some discipline by next week).

Ceej 11-05-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9088832)
That was horrible. One of the worst KU games I've ever been to. Good thing it didn't mean anything right now (although they might want to gain some discipline by next week).

First game is Friday.

Heard the color guys tonight mention SEMO had a couple of all conference players.

KC_Connection 11-05-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9088843)
First game is Friday.

Heard the color guys tonight mention SEMO had a couple of all conference players.

But MSU is next week, that's the first game that they'll actually have to really give a full effort to win.

Ceej 11-05-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9088850)
But MSU is next week, that's the first game that they'll actually have to really give a full effort to win.

Well, sure.

But discipline regardless of the competition is a big component.

Imon Yourside 11-05-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9088850)

How has MSU looked thus far? I doubt they're in March form.

Braincase 11-05-2012 09:54 PM

Tonight was nothing more than a scrimmage for KU, and it was Washburn's chance for some spotlight time. Yeah, KU looked a little rough, not as good as they did last week. I fully expect Bill will run their asses of before Friday night.

Ceej 11-05-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9088861)
How has MSU looked thus far? I doubt they're in March form.

Holler at lewdog.

He's good people.

BWillie 11-05-2012 10:10 PM

Honestly this gm does not bother me and I dont know why. They have the tools and will be fine. I dont quite understand all the ppl freaking out about withey on the other boards. He looks like last year. Good on D...limited on O. Didnt quite understand why ppl thought hed score more than 11 or 12 a gm