ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Todd Haley is the "Mystery of Pittsburgh" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261647)

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8760758)
That doesn't mean he doesn't want to compete for a job. It could mean the "competition" was lopsided. We all know the only reason they played Tebow was because he was a first round pick. Do you honestly think Orton would be given a fair chance to compete against Cassel? Yeah right. Cassel is Pioli's boy. I bet the Chiefs didn't offer Orton 5 mil per either.

Oh, give me a break. Your post is unfounded speculation.

Everyone knows his history with Tebow. Clearly, he didn't want to fight for a starting job with Cassel and decided to take the backup job in Dallas, plain and simple.

There's nothing more to it. He was tired of competing for a starting job and took the next best thing: A backup job with no competition.

Hammock Parties 07-23-2012 12:20 AM

Are we really complaining about an 81 percent FG kicker?

Titty Meat 07-23-2012 12:22 AM

BTW Dane, I've found a quote that contradicts the one you posted.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...rever/10972556

Tony Romo doesn't need to be looking over his shoulder, no matter what Kyle Orton says. Orton, the Cowboys' new backup quarterback, caused a minor stir during OTA's by saying he's not content being second string. "I feel like I've played good ball in this league," Orton told the Cowboys' official web site. "I feel I've got a lot of good ball left in me. I don't see this as committing myself to be the backup. I'm just committing myself to be a part of the team.

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760762)

I am. :D

I don't like Succop. Never have. I don't think he's a clutch guy.

mdchiefsfan 07-23-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8760762)

With cassel at qb? you bet your sweet ass :D

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8760764)
BTW Dane, I've found a quote that contradicts the one you posted.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...rever/10972556

Tony Romo doesn't need to be looking over his shoulder, no matter what Kyle Orton says. Orton, the Cowboys' new backup quarterback, caused a minor stir during OTA's by saying he's not content being second string. "I feel like I've played good ball in this league," Orton told the Cowboys' official web site. "I feel I've got a lot of good ball left in me. I don't see this as committing myself to be the backup. I'm just committing myself to be a part of the team.

And in that same exact, run-on paragraph, Orton says this:

"Tony's the man, you know? There ain't no doubt about it," Orton said to dallascowboys.com. "He's played great football. He's a great quarterback. So I'm excited. It's really the first time I've been around another veteran in my career. I've done a lot of learning with young guys in the room. I can still learn a lot about football, and hopefully I can help him out in any way I can."

That hardly sounds like a guy who is going to push Romo for the starting job.

Titty Meat 07-23-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760768)
And in that same exact, run-on paragraph, Orton says this:

"Tony's the man, you know? There ain't no doubt about it," Orton said to dallascowboys.com. "He's played great football. He's a great quarterback. So I'm excited. It's really the first time I've been around another veteran in my career. I've done a lot of learning with young guys in the room. I can still learn a lot about football, and hopefully I can help him out in any way I can."

That hardly sounds like a guy who is going to push Romo for the starting job.

He got a 5 million dollar signing bonus. How much were the Chiefs offering?

You know damn well the competition would have been lopsided in Cassel's favor just look at every other year he's been here theres never been a real backup QB on the team. That was done by design.

mdchiefsfan 07-23-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8760771)

You know damn well the competition would have been lopsided in Cassel's favor just look at every other year he's been here theres never been a real backup QB on the team. That was done by design.

Plain and simple, he had a better shot of beating Cassel than he does Romo. Thats what it boils down to. He chose money over chance to start.

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Who knows? Do you? How much was any other team in the league offering?

Quote:

More speculation.

The reality is that Orton signed a contract to be a backup in Dallas. He didn't sign with Jacksonville or Miami or any other QB needy team. He didn't wait until Training Camp or PreSeason for a potential starting job due to injury. He signed to be a back up.

That's all you need to know about Kyle Orton.

Titty Meat 07-23-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760777)
Who knows? Do you? How much was any other team in the league offering?

More speculation.

The reality is that Orton signed a contract to be a backup in Dallas. He didn't sign with Jacksonville or Miami or any other QB needy team. He didn't wait until Training Camp or PreSeason for a potential starting job due to injury. He signed to be a back up.

That's all you need to know about Kyle Orton.

It's speculation that Pioli who gave Cassel 63 million dollars wouldn't favor him? Really?

Yeah he signed because he got a 5 million dollar signing bonus.

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8760779)
It's speculation that Pioli who gave Cassel 63 million dollars wouldn't favor him? Really?

Yeah he signed because he got a 5 million dollar signing bonus.

Wow, you're really not getting this, are you?

Kyle Orton did not want to be a starting QB. Period. End of story. Otherwise, he would have waited for a better opportunity. There was no reason for him to sign a deal immediately after free agency opened unless he had made the decision to be a backup.

Titty Meat 07-23-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760781)
Wow, you're really not getting this, are you?

Kyle Orton did not want to be a starting QB. Period. End of story. Otherwise, he would have waited for a better opportunity. There was no reason for him to sign a deal immediately after free agency opened unless he had made the decision to be a backup.

You're really not getting this.

He was offered a 5 million dollar signing bonus.

Post a link showing where another team offered him that much money.

Miami's owner didn't want him. They had a deal in place last year to trade for him Stephen Ross didn't want to pay him. Jacksonville drafted a QB in the first round last year.

Where was he going to be the starter at?

DaneMcCloud 07-23-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8760785)
You're really not getting this.

He was offered a 5 million dollar signing bonus.

Post a link showing where another team offered him that much money.

Miami's owner didn't want him. They had a deal in place last year to trade for him Stephen Ross didn't want to pay him. Jacksonville drafted a QB in the first round last year.

Where was he going to be the starter at?

JFC, you are a ****ing moron.

IF Kyle Orton WANTED to be a STARTING QB, he would have competed with Cassel or WAITED until a STARTING POSITION was available elsewhere.

PERIOD.

His actions PROVE that he was CONTENT with being a backup. NO ONE FORCED HIM TO SIGN A CONTRACT.

Is it just me or did you somehow become dumber in my absence?

Titty Meat 07-23-2012 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8760788)
JFC, you are a ****ing moron.

IF Kyle Orton WANTED to be a STARTING QB, he would have competed with Cassel or WAITED until a STARTING POSITION was available elsewhere.

PERIOD.

His actions PROVE that he was CONTENT with being a backup. NO ONE FORCED HIM TO SIGN A CONTRACT.

Is it just me or did you somehow become dumber in my absence?

Says the guy who left an internet message board for over a year because someone called him a name.

There was no competition you moron. Matt Cassel is one of the highest paid Chiefs for a reason. Scott Pioli for whatever reason believes he's a good QB. The Chiefs were so serious about bringing in competition they signed Brady Quinn ROFL and last year they brought in Tyler Palko.

Is it just me or did you come back as an even bigger pussy?

mdchiefsfan 07-23-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8760790)
Says the guy who left an internet message board for over a year because someone called him a name.

There was no competition you moron. Matt Cassel is one of the highest paid Chiefs for a reason. Scott Pioli for whatever reason believes he's a good QB. The Chiefs were so serious about bringing in competition they signed Brady Quinn ROFL and last year they brought in Tyler Palko.

Is it just me or did you come back as an even bigger pussy?

Not trying to step into whatever history is between you, but regardless of what Orton felt, he had a better chance to start by joining the Chiefs. Romo is without a doubt the starter in Dallas, much like you are saying is the situation with Cassel. Cassel is a lesser quality qb therefore if he wanted to start, he would pick the weaker qb (ie. Cassel). He chose Dallas knowing what he was signing up for; money, not starting.