ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Elder Scrolls MMO Announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259190)

Hammock Parties 03-13-2014 08:11 PM

gonna try this tomorrow. another beta test

Valiant 03-13-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10454869)
As long as those abilities are the same after each wipe. If the abilities are changing during each pull then progression would be a nightmare assuming that the abilities are in fact game changing.

If the abilities are minor, then it would defeat the purpose. If they are major, then they need to be static after the first pull. Dealing with 20 Random, major abilities that change per pull could bring progression to a complete stop.

See I find that more fun. As long as most abilities will not raid wipe. Then there would be no way to just copy what is on youtube.

Valiant 03-13-2014 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 10457018)
Hard mode is always preferable in my mind, but then, I like the challenge. And like I said the details would need to be ironed out. I think 15 abilities in one fight is a lot, look at how many major abilities current encounters have, not that many.

When I was playing EQ2 three years ago, most encounters had 3 maybe 4 major abilities that you had to deal with, 15 would be insane. Also, note that I listed 20 total possibilities, but only 15 on hard mode, this would mean that the players would still not be able to count on any specific ability, and still keep it fresh.

Also, these are major abilities, like huge attacks, heals, stuns and other stuff like that, not just standard auto-attack, potential raid wiping abilities.

See that sounds fun. I hated having to study for a run. I want to have fun, even when hardcore raiding. Guessing what is coming next is fun. As long as most of the abilities are not insta wipe damages adds excitement.

I would also enjoy world bosses of different factions/races. Where I am going with this is if your race/faction protected them from dying got a reward. If the enemy faction/race defeated them got a reward.

And have more dev events, some of the most fun I have had is when the devs took control of bosses and brought them into the cities for pure mayhem. Randomly do that once a week on each server during high population times.

Hammock Parties 03-14-2014 10:32 AM

Yo, who's the kind soul who lent me their beta login awhile back? Need password.

Nevermind, I'm in.

hometeam 03-14-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10490077)
Yo, who's the kind soul who lent me their beta login awhile back? Need password.

Nevermind, I'm in.

Was me.

Hammock Parties 03-14-2014 01:42 PM

I'm actually having fun so far. The combat is nice, world looks awesome.

Hammock Parties 03-14-2014 10:30 PM

It's pretty bland.

No sense of open world exploration at all.

And I can't even steal a horse.

If I can't steal horses, it's not an Elder Scrolls game.

**** you Bethesda.

Setsuna 03-15-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10492046)
It's pretty bland.

No sense of open world exploration at all.

And I can't even steal a horse.

If I can't steal horses, it's not an Elder Scrolls game.

**** you Bethesda.

I think they planned on taking your money first then adding in an actual crime system afterwards in a later patch.

Hammock Parties 03-15-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10493015)
I think they planned on taking your money first then adding in an actual crime system afterwards in a later patch.

It just doesn't feel like an Elder Scrolls game. I can't steal shit. I see a sword laying on the ground. Can't pick it up.

Went into a palace to do a quest. It was way too easy, first of all. Second of all, there was no ****ing palace to explore. I wanted to go down into the dungeons and steal shit, rob the king blind.

**** this game.

Pants 03-15-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10493041)
It just doesn't feel like an Elder Scrolls game. I can't steal shit. I see a sword laying on the ground. Can't pick it up.

Went into a palace to do a quest. It was way too easy, first of all. Second of all, there was no ****ing palace to explore. I wanted to go down into the dungeons and steal shit, rob the king blind.

**** this game.

Bro, it's an MMO. If you like the Bethesda experience, you're going to have to wait for Fallout 4.

Hammock Parties 03-15-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10493051)
Bro, it's an MMO. If you like the Bethesda experience, you're going to have to wait for Fallout 4.

I've had fun in MMOs before. LOTRO was fun. SWG and SWTOR were fun.

I'm done with this.

Pants 03-15-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10493056)
I've had fun in MMOs before. LOTRO was fun. SWG and SWTOR were fun.

I'm done with this.

I was speaking more to your point that ESO did not feel like an ES product.

hometeam 03-15-2014 03:56 PM

Im telling you, im calling it now, just wait for it to go f2p if you have to experience the content.

thecoffeeguy 04-03-2014 11:51 AM

I tried the beta again and I just can not get into this game. Something about the mechanics, the way you move around and execute skills, just does not seem very smooth. Just seems lacking.