ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Trek 12 Gets Release Date (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221538)

DaneMcCloud 12-12-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9203030)
But that's just it, maybe they won't. Maybe it'll mean a lot to them and they'll understand the show and love it.

I will never try to convince someone to spend $229 dollars on that ****ing piece of shit.

If anyone ever asks me "What did you think of Lost? Should I buy it?", the answer would be a resounding NO.

**** LOST.

Red Brooklyn 12-12-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9203034)
I will never try to convince someone to spend $229 dollars on that ****ing piece of shit.

If anyone ever asks me "What did you think of Lost? Should I buy it?", the answer would be a resounding NO.

**** LOST.

No one ever said you had to.

Frazod 12-12-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9203034)

**** LOST.

Seriously. I nearly bailed in the second season and wish now that I had. As I've mentioned before, this is why I won't watch Revolution.

DaneMcCloud 12-12-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9203124)
Seriously. I nearly bailed in the second season and wish now that I had. As I've mentioned before, this is why I won't watch Revolution.

Exactly. That's why I won't watch Revolution, either, or Person of Interest or Undercovers or Flash Forward. As I stated earlier, Fringe should have ended last year but no, they had to get to 100 episodes for $yndication.

The final seasons of Lost and Fringe are like Highlander 2. Everything that was so cool about Highlander was wiped out by the sequel.

And everything that was cool about Lost and Fringe were wiped out by their respective final seasons.

keg in kc 12-12-2012 07:40 PM

Person of Interest is one of the best shows on television right now. It's really, really good.

There's really nothing in the show (so far) that's reminiscent of the stuff that led to the issues with Alias and Lost. The machine that provides the numbers has been completely explained, from fairly early on, and while there are flashbacks, they don't happen every week. And when they do have them, they actually help move the show forward.

Love that show. Haven't missed an episode since it started. You're really doing yourself a disservice if you don't watch it based on previous Bad Robot missteps and I would (and do) wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone with zero reservations. It's that good.

Chiefspants 12-12-2012 09:05 PM

If anyone's interested in reading about some pretty deep flaws in Abrams' style, (ex. character development, plot holes, and his career as "Jeffrey Abrams") this article should interest you.

P.S. I do still enjoy most of his work, but he should probably not build the foundation of a TV series ever again.

http://www.nerve.com/movies/jj-abram...or-of-our-time

DaneMcCloud 12-12-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9203713)
If anyone's interested in reading about some pretty deep flaws in Abrams' style, (ex. character development, plot holes, and his career as "Jeffrey Abrams") this article should interest you.

P.S. I do still enjoy most of his work, but he should probably build the foundation of a TV series ever again.

http://www.nerve.com/movies/jj-abram...or-of-our-time

Super 8 was a major disappointment. Without Spielberg's involvement (which is clearly obvious), it would have been a disaster, and even with, it wasn't very good.

keg in kc 12-12-2012 09:21 PM

Yep, Super 8 was a total let-down.

Deberg_1990 12-12-2012 09:40 PM

Wow, I liked Super 8. I didn't see it until a few months ago, but I enjoyed it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990 12-12-2012 09:41 PM

Oh, I also really dug Mission Impossible 3.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 12-12-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9203793)
Wow, I liked Super 8. I didn't see it until a few months ago, but I enjoyed it.
Posted via Mobile Device

It was E.T. crossed with Cloverfield, a crappy score and an unoriginal alien.

Since Cloverfield was garbage...

DaneMcCloud 12-12-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9203795)
Oh, I also really dug Mission Impossible 3.
Posted via Mobile Device

I thought it was cold, predictable and boring as ****.

HUGE disappointment.

DaneMcCloud 12-12-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9203768)
Yep, Super 8 was a total let-down.

I've stayed in Super 8 motels with more character and charisma than that POS movie.

pr_capone 12-12-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9203943)
I've stayed in Super 8 motels with more character and charisma than that POS movie.

Horse shit. I don't believe for a second that you have ever stayed in a Super 8. LOL

007 12-13-2012 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9203985)
Horse shit. I don't believe for a second that you have ever stayed in a Super 8. LOL

He's originally from Kansas City. Of course he did.