ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Amazing Spider Man trailer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=247350)

kysirsoze 07-05-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 8719617)
You actually believe those instances youre describing, compare in ANY way, to Raindrops keep fallin on my head, The Power Ranger reject, or the electric slide?

Gimme a break. The crane sequence doesnt even qualify if you were awake during the film.

Spoiler!

Never said it was as cheesy as the past movies could be. Just that it is not "cheese-free". It's not. I really liked the movie, but there are some faults.

Spoiler!

Didn't ruin the movie or anything. Did cause my eyes to roll a bit. Liking a movie isn't an all or nothing proposition.

Buck 07-05-2012 07:48 PM

I thought it was great. The crane scene could have been cut from the movie, but I guess they had to show the citizens being on Spidey's side somehow.

Buck 07-05-2012 07:52 PM

Lol I didn't even see you guys debating that crane scene. I guess I'm not the only one who thought it was a glaring mistake in a pretty good movie.

JD10367 07-05-2012 07:59 PM

The end scene is definitely what people think it is.

Spoiler!

kysirsoze 07-05-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8720895)
The end scene is definitely what people think it is.

Spoiler!

That's a weird reveal, then. Guess it will be explained in the inevitable next entry.

Can someone give me a rundown of the current contract status with Spider-man and Sony? I know in the past there wasn't much chance of crossovers because Sony owned the rights, but I had heard at some point there was some kind of deal or expiration that was going to make it possible for Spidey to join the Avengers franchise or at least make a cameo here and there.

Can someone save me from researching this?

Buck 07-05-2012 08:22 PM

They have to make movies every so often or else they lose the rights. I don't know how long they have each time.

kysirsoze 07-05-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8720972)
They have to make movies every so often or else they lose the rights. I don't know how long they have each time.

I see. Has there been real talk of any deal to fold this new Spider-man franchise into the larger Marvel film universe?

Buck 07-05-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 8721235)
I see. Has there been real talk of any deal to fold this new Spider-man franchise into the larger Marvel film universe?

I doubt if that will ever happen.

ThaVirus 07-05-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8721270)
I doubt if that will ever happen.

I don't see why not. Sony and Marvel make more money by cooperating. Seems simple enough, just depends on the dollar amount.

kysirsoze 07-05-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8721296)
I don't see why not. Sony and Marvel make more money by cooperating. Seems simple enough, just depends on the dollar amount.

I guess it's a matter of how much MORE money Marvel will make by renting Spider-man for what would likely be a LOT of money for a small part. It would be awesome, though.

kysirsoze 07-05-2012 09:42 PM

Same thing with X-Men, right? (With 20th Century Fox)

ForeverChiefs58 07-05-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 8721324)
Same thing with X-Men, right? (With 20th Century Fox)

I believe black panther (I've heard was in the making), falcon? something like that, antman, at least some of x-men, spiderman and fantastic four were in Avengers.

AndChiefs 07-06-2012 12:07 AM

Underwhelming but decent.

Deberg_1990 07-06-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 8720951)
That's a weird reveal, then. Guess it will be explained in the inevitable next entry.

Can someone give me a rundown of the current contract status with Spider-man and Sony? I know in the past there wasn't much chance of crossovers because Sony owned the rights, but I had heard at some point there was some kind of deal or expiration that was going to make it possible for Spidey to join the Avengers franchise or at least make a cameo here and there.

Can someone save me from researching this?

At others have mentioned, yes Sony has to keep making these Mediorce Spidy flicks or else they will lose the rights. Same deal with X-Men and FOX, although the last reboot of that was excellent.

The reason they ditched Raimi was over money. They couldnt come to terms and Spidey 3 cost a mint to make. So they started over with a cheap director, cast and lower budget. My guess is they went back to the origin story thing because it buys them time for a new trilogy or whatever.

Doubtfull will will ever see a crossover of some sort because i seriously doubt Sony, FOX, Marvel and Disney could get along and split up the profits.

JD10367 07-06-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8721566)
At others have mentioned, yes Sony has to keep making these Mediorce Spidy flicks or else they will lose the rights. Same deal with X-Men and FOX, although the last reboot of that was excellent.

The reason they ditched Raimi was over money. They couldnt come to terms and Spidey 3 cost a mint to make. So they started over with a cheap director, cast and lower budget. My guess is they went back to the origin story thing because it buys them time for a new trilogy or whatever.

Doubtfull will will ever see a crossover of some sort because i seriously doubt Sony, FOX, Marvel and Disney could get along and split up the profits.

Wasn't it reported around here that they actually had planned to put Oscorp Tower into the skyline in "Avengers", but didn't because the "Avengers" team had already computer-rendered the skyline by the time Sony and Disney agreed to it?

I'm pretty sure there have been Hollywood instances of two usually-competing studios teaming up to make a film. I know Touchstone and Amblin' went in on "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" together (and managed to get Mickey and his gang on screen with the Looney Tunes characters as well). Given the kind of payday an "Avengers"/"Spidey" team-up could bring, I can see the studios playing ball. Hell, if that idea is too big, they could probably just work Spidey into the storyline of one of the individual superhero movies (Iron Man, Hulk, a Black Widow/Hawkeye film, etc.,.).