ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Get nfl Gameday Pass for free (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275360)

DaFace 09-04-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 9936976)
Obviously, someone discovered the glitch and fixed it.

That, or they never intended to give away regular season games - only preseason games.

mdchiefsfan 09-04-2013 07:28 AM

So what do you think would happen if I subscribe to gamepass through hola unblocker and enter a US billing address?

BigMeatballDave 09-04-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9936987)
So what do you think would happen if I subscribe to gamepass through hola unblocker and enter a US billing address?

Just buy a VPN and be done with it.

DaFace 09-04-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 9936991)

That still doesn't answer his question about whether a non-Netherlands billing address would raise any red flags. My guess would be it wouldn't for one or two people, but given that this has been exploited so heavily in the preseason, they might be watching it.

Honestly, your best option is probably to find someone willing to share a DTV login if you're willing to pay for it.

BigMeatballDave 09-04-2013 07:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
From my phone...

mdchiefsfan 09-04-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 9936991)

I don't like the idea of using a VPN when they could cut the feed at anytime. Then that's money out the window. I am planning on seeing how Thursday goes for pr_capone before taking that route and preparing for the event it doesn't work.

mdchiefsfan 09-04-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 9937018)
From my phone...

Where did you get your VPN from? Same as pr_capone?

BigMeatballDave 09-04-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9937021)
I don't like the idea of using a VPN when they could cut the feed at anytime. Then that's money out the window. I am planning on seeing how Thursday goes for pr_capone before taking that route and preparing for the event it doesn't work.

I don't blame you. I only paid for a month. $6.95.

BigMeatballDave 09-04-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9937027)
Where did you get your VPN from? Same as pr_capone?

Yes.

mdchiefsfan 09-04-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 9937028)
I don't blame you. I only paid for a month. $6.95.

You just answered one of my questions.

Do you keep the VPN running while streaming or do you disconnect from the server once you get access to the site?

If you keep the VPN running, do you get max quality?

BigMeatballDave 09-04-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9937037)
You just answered one of my questions.

Do you keep the VPN running while streaming or do you disconnect from the server once you get access to the site?

If you keep the VPN running, do you get max quality?

There is an app for the VPN. Yes, it stays on. Of course, quality depends on connection. That pic was over LTE. The app lets you choose the country. You'll have to do it on a computer first because you'll need a password for the app.

mdchiefsfan 09-04-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 9937051)
There is an app for the VPN. Yes, it stays on. Of course, quality depends on connection. That pic was over LTE. The app lets you choose the country. You'll have to do it on a computer first because you'll need a password for the app.

I'm just looking to run it on my notebook with it hooked to my TV via HDMI. I have read elsewhere that you can increase the internet speeds by using the VPN to access the page, then turn off the VPN so the signal doesn't have to travel all over the place. The theory is consistent with how I used Hola Unblocker.

Also, as far as connection goes, is that dependent on the connection in my home or the server's?

Sorry for so many questions. Thanks for the help.

BigMeatballDave 09-04-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9937062)
I'm just looking to run it on my notebook with it hooked to my TV via HDMI. I have read elsewhere that you can increase the internet speeds by using the VPN to access the page, then turn off the VPN so the signal doesn't have to travel all over the place. The theory is consistent with how I used Hola Unblocker.

Also, as far as connection goes, is that dependent on the connection in my home or the server's?

Sorry for so many questions. Thanks for the help.

Good question. I've never shut it off while it was streaming.

I would say your connection, because it's not nearly as clear on 3G.

mdchiefsfan 09-04-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 9937075)
Good question. I've never shut it off while it was streaming.

I would say your connection, because it's not nearly as clear on 3G.

Okay. I would prefer it to run fine on the VPN, to be honest. I am just prepping for the potential massive upload that server could get at game time, hence the relevance of the server's connection. There seems to be quite a few people keen to this process and could bog down. I like my HD :D

JoeyChuckles 09-04-2013 05:55 PM

So to recap...they fixed the glitch with the Hola unblocker site, but a VPN with an exit point in the Netherlands still works? And the Netherlands still does not have to pay for Gameday pass during the season?