ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Path Of Exile (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257971)

jd1020 02-06-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9379259)
So the trade options are worse than d2?

I don't get it. How are they worse? They're exactly the same in d2, if not better than d2.

Imon Yourside 02-06-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9381777)
I don't get it. How are they worse? They're exactly the same in d2, if not better than d2.

Well in D2 you at least had the regular trade channels and they were easier to read...well sometimes they were depending on the amount of spam.

Mr. Laz 02-06-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9382017)
Well in D2 you at least had the regular trade channels and they were easier to read...well sometimes they were depending on the amount of spam.

there is a trading channel

# = all chat
$ = trade chat

jd1020 02-06-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9382071)
there is a trading channel

# = all chat
$ = trade chat

This.

And in D2 you weren't actually ingame trading because you could only have 8 people in a game. So you either made a game with a title named "Trade blahblahblah" or sat in a channel spamming to 39 people, half of which were likely afk for 12 hours, because the max channel was 40. And forget it if you had items on 2 different chars. You'd better hope a friend is on or else you had to perma a game by sitting in it for 5 mins and then risk losing your shit if it drops trying to transfer items to the same character because stashes werent account based.

PoE's system is the same in the respect that you spam a chat but its better in every single way beyond that.

Imon Yourside 02-06-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9382486)
This.

And in D2 you weren't actually ingame trading because you could only have 8 people in a game. So you either made a game with a title named "Trade blahblahblah" or sat in a channel spamming to 39 people because the max channel was 40. And forget it if you had items on 2 different chars. You'd better hope a friend is on or else you had to perma a game by sitting in it for 5 mins and then risk losing your shit if it drops trying to transfer items to the same character because stashes werent account based.

PoE's system is the same in the respect that you spam a chat but its better in every single way beyond that.

Still would much prefer a real auction house, etc to these primitive ways of trading. I had multiple accounts on D2, so I could xfer myself.

jd1020 02-06-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9382489)
Still would much prefer a real auction house, etc to these primitive ways of trading. I had multiple accounts on D2, so I could xfer myself.

It wouldn't work because there's no set currency in PoE.

It's not like WoW or D3 where you use gold. There isn't gold in PoE.

Imon Yourside 02-06-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9382491)
It wouldn't work because there's no set currency in PoE.

It's not like WoW or D3 where you use gold. There isn't gold in PoE.

I know but you could ask for whatever you wanted in return, not sure how it would work but I recall several problems with trade window scams in D2.

jd1020 02-06-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9382495)
I know but you could ask for whatever you wanted in return, not sure how it would work but I recall several problems with trade window scams in D2.

I've never traded in PoE but from what I understand you cannot complete a trade until both parties involved move their cursor over the item being traded.

Trade window scams happened in D2 because of someone being a dumbass...

Example: Trade a 6 slot item for a 1 slot item.

Person with 6 slot item: "Oh shit! I need to clear some space for your 1 slot item. Hang on!"

(runs to stash)

"OK! Good to go!"

Trade again and instead of thinking about the situation the person with the 1 slot item gladly hits accept without even looking at the item the douche with a "full inventory" put in the window.

Imon Yourside 02-06-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9382503)
I've never traded in PoE but from what I understand you cannot complete a trade until both parties involved move their cursor over the item being traded.

Trade window scams happened in D2 because of someone being a dumbass...

Example: Trade a 6 slot item for a 1 slot item.

Person with 6 slot item: "Oh shit! I need to clear some space for your 1 slot item. Hang on!"

(runs to stash)

OK! Good to go!

Trade again and instead of thinking about the situation the person with the 1 slot item gladly hits accept without even looking at the item the douche with a "full inventory" put in the window.

I hung out at blizzhackers quite a bit and I can tell you there were trade scams that didn't involve the one being preyed upon doing something that dumb. I remember one that you picked the item up and sat it down so it looked exactly the same and after the trade it was not what you traded for. I would never use a scam on anyone but I did frequent that site to see how not to be a chump. That particular scam involved a packet sniffer.

jd1020 02-06-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9382505)
I hung out at blizzhackers quite a bit and I can tell you there were trade scams that didn't involve the one being preyed upon doing something that dumb. I remember one that you picked the item up and sat it down so it looked exactly the same and after the trade it was not what you traded for. I would never use a scam on anyone but I did frequent that site to see how not to be a chump. That particular scam involved a packet sniffer.

Sounds like the same concept to me. 2 items with the same graphic and the scammer just swapped them out. As soon as an item was picked up from the trade window both people would have to hit accept again.

Imon Yourside 02-06-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9382524)
Sounds like the same concept to me. 2 items with the same graphic and the scammer just swapped them out. As soon as an item was picked up from the trade window both people would have to hit accept again.

It was a variant but it looked like what you were trading for, you couldn't tell the item was a normal one. All the scammer had to do was match the graphics on the item and they could scam easily. Took Bliz 2 years to fix that BS.

Mr. Laz 02-06-2013 08:43 PM

I would prefer an auction house too

that way you don't have to sit online looking for something specific

10 alchs for rare 2h ax .... or whatever

just don't involve any RL money and it's all good.

Bump 02-06-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9383584)
I would prefer an auction house too

that way you don't have to sit online looking for something specific

10 alchs for rare 2h ax .... or whatever

just don't involve any RL money and it's all good.

ya, it is convenient, that's for sure.

Imon Yourside 02-07-2013 06:00 PM

I've tried trading and it's a major pain in the ass..really annoying.

Mr. Laz 02-07-2013 08:13 PM

I've starting finally play again and i haven't been DC'ed a single time.

I gave it a week or so to calm down after open beta.