ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU ***** OFFICIAL 2013 KANSAS FOOTBALL THREAD ***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268663)

Saul Good 05-28-2013 10:50 AM

There is no substitute for talent, and he's a talented kid. If his issues, whatever they were, are behind him, the program is better for having him back.

ArrowheadHawk 05-28-2013 11:13 AM

Good off-season news keeps rolling in. I hope it transfers to the field.

Lzen 05-28-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Czervik (Post 9703427)
I would never bet against HCBS......
There isnt a coach out there that gets more out of his players.....

Yeah, pretty much this.

I wouldn't figure on them winning the conference again, but predicting a losing record let alone 3-4 wins is silly.

Lzen 05-28-2013 02:38 PM

Good news about Miller. That was the one guy I was really disappointed in when he left. Hopefully, he's got his act together and has no more off the field issues. That being said, HB is a position in which KU is pretty stacked. But Miller looked like a game changer at times as a freshman.

Bambi 05-28-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9714588)
Good news about Miller. That was the one guy I was really disappointed in when he left. Hopefully, he's got his act together and has no more off the field issues. That being said, HB is a position in which KU is pretty stacked. But Miller looked like a game changer at times as a freshman.

The good thing is he's still got 3 years left. He'll be a great back to replace Sims full time next year before Wrench is ready.

Braincase 05-28-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9714588)

Ditto. Nice to have him back in Crimson and Blue.

WilliamTheIrish 05-29-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9703386)
Not only that, but Snyder likes to knock their dicks in the dirt. The last three years, KSU has won by 38, 40, & 52 points. We aren't talking about games where a bad bounce decided the outcomes.

I think if you look back to those last three games, KSU passed the ball 5 times total in the second half of those three games.

WilliamTheIrish 05-29-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9703415)
Texas A&M. Ill take that bet. I've looked hard into their roster. This is not a good KSU team.

That settles it. 5 wins. Max.

I think KSU gets 8. And I'm usually a pessimist.

WilliamTheIrish 05-29-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9703428)
Cool take em. I don't think it gets you above .400 all time against KU though. Got a while before you have any hope of that.

while = never

You enjoy that winning %. I'm sure that and the Technicolor Dreamcoat will keep you warm at night.

BTAU 05-29-2013 07:43 PM

KU defensive end Chris Martin arrested

By RUSTIN DODD

Chris Martin, a junior defensive end on the Kansas football team, was arrested Wednesday in connection with a May 13 armed robbery in southwest Lawrence.

Martin, 21, was charged with aggravated robbery, conspiracy to commit aggravated robbery and kidnapping, according to the Lawrence Police Department. Two other men, former KU lineman Jeremiah Edwards, 21, and Josh Edwards, 28, were also charged in the case.

KU coach Charlie Weis issued a news release Wednesday evening, saying he was aware of the situation and charges.

Martin, a junior college transfer from City College of San Francisco, arrived in Lawrence this spring as a centerpiece in Weis’ second recruiting class at Kansas. A former five-star recruit, Martin originally committed to Cal before transferring to Florida. Two junior college stops later, he was hailed as an answer to KU’s nonexistent pass rush.

But now Martin’s KU career appears in jeopardy before it even began.

According to police, the robbery occurred at approximately 10:30 p.m. on May 13 in the 1900 block of Camelback Drive. The victim stated that several suspects stole cash and marijuana at gunpoint.

“We are aware of the situation and are in the process of gathering facts,” Weis said. “The behavior described in these charges is not acceptable at the University of Kansas. When we are confident that we have enough information, we will act appropriately.”

Earlier Wednesday, police investigators executed search warrants at locations in Lawrence, finding multiple suspects and evidence from the crime.

Martin and the two other men were arrested and transported to the Douglas County Jail. According to Lawrence Police Sgt. Trent McKinley, information from the case was forwarded to the Douglas County district attorney and the investigation is ongoing.

It’s not the first time Martin has faced legal trouble. The native of Oakland, Calif., was arrested and charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession in January 2011, according to the Palm Beach Post, during his one season at Florida. He never played for the Gators and left Florida after the school year. But after stints at Navarro College (Texas) and City College of San Francisco, he reconnected with Weis, who had recruited him to Notre Dame while he was in high school.

Martin drew praise during spring ball for his athleticism and was expected to start and provide a needed boost to the Jayhawks’ defensive line.

Saul Good 05-29-2013 08:10 PM

Ouch

Braincase 05-29-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTAU (Post 9717670)
KU defensive end Chris Martin arrested

By RUSTIN DODD

Chris Martin, a junior defensive end on the Kansas football team, was arrested Wednesday in connection with a May 13 armed robbery in southwest Lawrence.

Martin, 21, was charged with aggravated robbery, conspiracy to commit aggravated robbery and kidnapping, according to the Lawrence Police Department. Two other men, former KU lineman Jeremiah Edwards, 21, and Josh Edwards, 28, were also charged in the case.

KU coach Charlie Weis issued a news release Wednesday evening, saying he was aware of the situation and charges.

Martin, a junior college transfer from City College of San Francisco, arrived in Lawrence this spring as a centerpiece in Weis’ second recruiting class at Kansas. A former five-star recruit, Martin originally committed to Cal before transferring to Florida. Two junior college stops later, he was hailed as an answer to KU’s nonexistent pass rush.

But now Martin’s KU career appears in jeopardy before it even began.

According to police, the robbery occurred at approximately 10:30 p.m. on May 13 in the 1900 block of Camelback Drive. The victim stated that several suspects stole cash and marijuana at gunpoint.

“We are aware of the situation and are in the process of gathering facts,” Weis said. “The behavior described in these charges is not acceptable at the University of Kansas. When we are confident that we have enough information, we will act appropriately.”

Earlier Wednesday, police investigators executed search warrants at locations in Lawrence, finding multiple suspects and evidence from the crime.

Martin and the two other men were arrested and transported to the Douglas County Jail. According to Lawrence Police Sgt. Trent McKinley, information from the case was forwarded to the Douglas County district attorney and the investigation is ongoing.

It’s not the first time Martin has faced legal trouble. The native of Oakland, Calif., was arrested and charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession in January 2011, according to the Palm Beach Post, during his one season at Florida. He never played for the Gators and left Florida after the school year. But after stints at Navarro College (Texas) and City College of San Francisco, he reconnected with Weis, who had recruited him to Notre Dame while he was in high school.

Martin drew praise during spring ball for his athleticism and was expected to start and provide a needed boost to the Jayhawks’ defensive line.

Dumbshit. The guy has one last chance at playing D1 and screws it up over a little weed. I know he's innocent until proven guilty, but I think we know which way this is going to go... he's coming here from Oakland...

Saul Good 05-29-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9717838)
Dumbshit. The guy has one last chance at playing D1 and screws it up over a little weed. I know he's innocent until proven guilty, but I think we know which way this is going to go... he's coming here from Oakland...

Little weed? How about the robbery, kidnapping, etc.?

Braincase 05-29-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9717867)
Little weed? How about the robbery, kidnapping, etc.?

I did a quick scan of the story. But by all means make it look like I condone robbery and kidnapping because I didn't mention it.

If he's guilty, boot him to the curb.

Saul Good 05-29-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9717924)
I did a quick scan of the story. But by all means make it look like I condone robbery and kidnapping because I didn't mention it.

If he's guilty, boot him to the curb.

Wasn't trying to make it sound like you condone kidnapping...sorry. The story was about robbery and kidnapping. The weed thing was years ago. Just thought it was funny that you quoted that article and focused on the weed. It's like arresting people for a drive by shooting and ticketing them for not signaling a lane change.