ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively DONE (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270361)

Marvin49 02-26-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9442435)
Ah, the dreaded cop out "trade down".

I gave you a player...but I would honestly trade out of the pick. If the "best player in the draft" isn't a position of need...try to trade the pick to someone who DOES need a LT.

O.city 02-26-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin49 (Post 9442442)
I gave you a player...but I would honestly trade out of the pick. If the "best player in the draft" isn't a position of need...try to trade the pick to someone who DOES need a LT.

You are failing to realize that teams set their boards not directly in accordance to BPA. Need is something thats factored in. You don't just take BPA every pick. It doesn't make sense.

And we've pretty much been confirmed that the first pick is not trade able this year. Someone likes a LT? There are 3 who are pretty equal. Why trade up to 1 when you can trade to 3 for less and get a guy? Unless they are absolutely in love with one of them, maybe. But the combine and SR bowl showed us that there isnt' really much difference in them.

penbrook 02-26-2013 06:14 PM

Wow Ian Rapeapot is saying no deal done but chiefs are most interested. Cardinals and brows interested as well.

Molitoth 02-26-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Nobody is trading up for a LT.

duncan_idaho 02-26-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin49 (Post 9442429)
Well its been made abundantly clear that you don't want a tackle. I really like Floyd.

I also really like Warmack, but that may be way high for a guard.

If I were KC I'd want to trade down.

So the consensus top QB in the draft is MORE of a reach at No. 1 overall than a Left Guard in your mind?

It's not that I don't WANT a tackle. It's that the Chiefs don't NEED a tackle, especially a guy who would go somewhere between 5 and 15 in most NFL drafts. Unless they stupidly allow Brandon Albert to walk.

I could stomach Floyd more than Luke Joeckel or Fisher. Though, again I would ask you where is the bigger difference: Geno Smith to Ryan Nassib or Sharrif Floyd to Jesse Williams or Sylvester Williams.

Trading down is not going to be an option, because there's no one teams WANT to trade up for.

Quote:

Why would any team trade up to No. 1 to take Luke Joeckel? The only teams that can really afford to move that far are other teams in the top 10, and it would be much less expensive to trade into No. 4 and draft the second guy, because either Joeckel or Fisher will definitely be available at No. 4.

And that's assuming any team would be willing to pay the price to move up for a guy who will be a very good LT but is not a Hall of Fame guy.

WildTurkey 02-26-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin49 (Post 9442429)
Well its been made abundantly clear that you don't want a tackle. I really like Floyd.

I also really like Warmack, but that may be way high for a guard.

If I were KC I'd want to trade down.

Thank god the all knowledgable 49er fan is coming to enlighten us poor Chiefs fans. Just like the great patriot fans who kept telling us how great Cassel and Pioli were. GTFO and go bother the cardinals fans as hopefully that's where your boy smith ends up.

WildTurkey 02-26-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9442447)
Wow Ian Rapeapot is saying no deal done but chiefs are most interested. Cardinals and brows interested as well.

Well I feel good about this as he's constantly wrong about the Chiefs.So I have the utmost confidence he ends up somewhere else

Marvin49 02-26-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9442449)
Nobody is trading up for a LT.

Why? Joeckel and Fisher will both be gone EARLY. The $$$ that used to be associated with that pick are nowhere near the problem they used to be....and that's why the Niners weren't able to trade the pick when THEY had it.

Marvin49 02-26-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildTurkey (Post 9442451)
Thank god the all knowledgable 49er fan is coming to enlighten us poor Chiefs fans. Just like the great patriot fans who kept telling us how great Cassel and ***** were. GTFO and go bother the cardinals fans as hopefully that's where your boy smith ends up.

Hey...I just checked in here to see if you guys were getting more news about the possible trade. I only chimed in initially to correct a poster about where Aldon Smith was drafted and whether the 49ers should have taken kaep at that spot instead.....

...and now it's taken on a life of its own.

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-26-2013 06:22 PM

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

On Alex Smith: Cardinals will express interest in a possible trade with #49ers. They are VERY pessimistic Niners will trade within division.

Marvin49 02-26-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9442450)
So the consensus top QB in the draft is MORE of a reach at No. 1 overall than a Left Guard in your mind?

It's not that I don't WANT a tackle. It's that the Chiefs don't NEED a tackle, especially a guy who would go somewhere between 5 and 15 in most NFL drafts. Unless they stupidly allow Brandon Albert to walk.

I could stomach Floyd more than Luke Joeckel or Fisher. Though, again I would ask you where is the bigger difference: Geno Smith to Ryan Nassib or Sharrif Floyd to Jesse Williams or Sylvester Williams.

Trading down is not going to be an option, because there's no one teams WANT to trade up for.

Why would any team trade up to No. 1 to take Luke Joeckel? The only teams that can really afford to move that far are other teams in the top 10, and it would be much less expensive to trade into No. 4 and draft the second guy, because either Joeckel or Fisher will definitely be available at No. 4.

And that's assuming any team would be willing to pay the price to move up for a guy who will be a very good LT but is not a Hall of Fame guy.

1) I already said 1 was too high for a guard....tho if you could tell me you were getting Mike Iupati (knowing what I know now) at that spot I'd take it. The problem is that you can never know that and if a guy fails at tackle you can try him at guard. If he fails at guard....nowhere really to move him.

2) You're asking the wrong person. I really, really like Floyd. I've looked into that position alot because I want the 49ers to draft Justin Smiths eventual replacement. I REALLY, REALLY like that guy.

3) You could be right about LT. Dunno. Sounds like the Cheifs might be trapped...and that's exactly where the Niners were when they took Alex...and that was the WRONG CHOICE. I like Alex, but he should NEVER have been the 1st overall pick.

bigjosh 02-26-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin49 (Post 9442401)
Correct.

I also have no prood that the Chiefs WON'T trade the first overall pick to the 49ers for Scott Tolzien.

I can go only be the prevailing wisdom which admittedly can be wrong.

You will now go into a joyous rant because you were "right" while completely missing the point.

Mike Mayock (whom I personally think is the best draft guy out there....by far) says he sees Geno as a 20th to 30th pick in the first round type guy.

because teams picking in the 20 to 30 range typically need the a qb. .....

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-26-2013 06:23 PM

goddamnit; someone douse "Messy Marvin" in hershey's syrup, AIDS, and anti-freeze, then light his little ass up!
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 02-26-2013 06:23 PM

Come on 9ers, for the love of god.

Sorter 02-26-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9442482)
goddamnit; someone douse "Messy Marvin" in hershey's syrup, AIDS, and anti-freeze, then light his little ass up!
Posted via Mobile Device

Super Iggy works incredibly well.