ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

Baby Lee 06-18-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10701478)
She's currently playing the lead bad terrorist in 24.

She and 'Varys' both had a season long arc on Suits as well.

Hawk 06-19-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10701189)
The problem is now they spoil the books if they do something AND if they don't do something. The fact that Coldhands isn't in the show means to me that his character isn't that important coming up. Same with Jojen, they killed him on the show, so I bet he bites it pretty quickly on into book six. Everything they've done different from the book shows you what is coming. If they cut Stoneheart out of the show, it means to me that she doesn't really serve a purpose besides being a mute zombie who kills Freys. Martin's publisher must want to kill him.

Many people theorize that Jojen already died in ADWD (though it wasn't expressly stated) and that Bran ate his blood (unknowingly). In Bran's last chapter, Jojen is not well and then sort of disappears, and Bran then eats a "weirwood paste" that is blood red in order to help expand his greenseeing abilities. Sort of a coincidence. Killing Jojen on the show does give the theory a little more validity.

If Book 6 does not come out before the next season of the show, I expect a lot more book spoilers. On the other hand, the show has changed things so much, and added so much that never happened in the books, that it will be hard or impossible to say what is actually a book spoiler versus just being another show change. For example, I think Sansa's arc next season will be a total separation from her arc in the books. She and Littlefinger will have to move past the current books given where their story is now, and I don't think the way they do it on the show will resemble the book story very much other than perhaps where it leaves the characters at the end of it (Sansa killing Littlefinger would be my guess).

Baby Lee 06-20-2014 07:35 PM

For the geeky

http://i.imgur.com/lceExOP.jpg

Go to link for expanded view

http://i.imgur.com/lceExOP.jpg

Hammock Parties 06-20-2014 11:32 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...29008011_n.jpg

Bowser 06-21-2014 12:00 AM

Kill a fellow while he's on the privy. Less mess to clean up afterwards.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4tHJK2CSz6Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 06-21-2014 12:21 AM

i called my dad yesterday with my little "kill you on the shitter joke" and he chuckled heartily

Setsuna 06-21-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10706018)

Awww boohoo Tyrion. Give me a freaking break.

KcMizzou 06-21-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10706365)
Awww boohoo Tyrion. Give me a freaking break.

Really? WTF? LMAO

I don't understand how anyone wouldn't sympathize with Tyrion. And that art is awesome. The giant shadow of a dwarf, "The Imp".. looming over one of the most powerful men in Westeros when he's finally brought low.

Setsuna 06-21-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10707177)
Really? WTF? LMAO

I don't understand how anyone wouldn't sympathize with Tyrion. And that art is awesome. The giant shadow of a dwarf, "The Imp".. looming over one of the most powerful men in Westeros when he's finally brought low.

The quote used. If you saw the show and the way he said it, people were supposed to feel that way. And seriously? GTFO acting like they haven't made Tyrion a sob story.

Baby Lee 06-21-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10707377)
The quote used. If you saw the show and the way he said it, people were supposed to feel that way. And seriously? GTFO acting like they haven't made Tyrion a sob story.

My sense was, you were supposed to feel that Tyrion was Tywin's son in the sense that he was going to kill Tywin the instant he thought he could get away with it. That Tyrion has the same ambitions and grudges Tywin held.

More than 'boo-hoo' it was 'yeah, being your son means I have your good and bad traits both.'

Baby Lee 06-21-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10706046)
Kill a fellow while he's on the privy. Less mess to clean up afterwards.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4tHJK2CSz6Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:368px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:video:southparkstudios.com:a7779454-ed00-11e0-aca6-0026b9414f30" width="360" height="293" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></div>

Hawk 06-22-2014 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10707377)

Are you a book reader? If not, you might feel differently if you were. Tywin wronged Tyrion in some cruel and evil ways, and that scene is the culmination of it in the books. For whatever reason, the show skipped over that part and didn't bother to go into it like the books. Really a weird choice IMO as in the books it is a pretty key part of that scene and is really the main reason Tyrion kills him.

Baby Lee 06-22-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 10709266)
Are you a book reader? If not, you might feel differently if you were. Tywin wronged Tyrion in some cruel and evil ways, and that scene is the culmination of it in the books. For whatever reason, the show skipped over that part and didn't bother to go into it like the books. Really a weird choice IMO as in the books it is a pretty key part of that scene and is really the main reason Tyrion kills him.

In case you thought you had to be vague, you're posting in the spoiler-allowed GoT thread.

Setsuna 06-22-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 10709266)

I am a book reader but patricide or regicide or whatever just doesn't go well for people in the world of ASOIaF. He had a lot of gripes with his dad but if you think about it he has never tried to kill him until that trial and even then it was at least lawful.

Hawk 06-23-2014 08:42 AM

Dude, he had Tyrion's wife raped by 50 guardsmen. His actual wife who loved him and wasn't really a whore. I'd kill any SOB who did that to my wife, and I'd want it to be slower and more painful than what Tywin went through. just sayin.