ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ****The Official 2014 NFL Draft Thread**** (Part 2) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283512)

DTLB58 05-10-2014 01:27 PM

How's this for a kick in the nuts?

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 7m

The Chiefs have drafted 10 QB since 1988, including Murray. The previous 9 have not won a game as a Chiefs starter #KCpick (@EliasSports)

Exoter175 05-10-2014 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 10619951)
Bailey, Bailey, and more Bailey, please.
Posted via Mobile Device

God yes, he's our last hope at moving Berry to centerfield.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10619958)
Not familiar with Bailey.

Give me something on him.

Solid tackler, solid box safety type. Not super fast, pretty decent in jamming guys at the line in press man, total Sutton pick if I've ever seen one and I'm not sure why he hasn't pulled the trigger on him yet. If he's there at the 6.17 I fully expect it to be Dion Bailey unless they plan on Gaines to move into a box type which I don't think he's suited for.

If we could go Bailey then Jones/Morris, our defense would be shored up and solid for the next 5 years for depth and starters IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10619959)
Antonio Richardson and Mike Campanaro.

If we don't close out the 6th round with a double dip on defense, I hope to god we snag Richardson.

OldSchool 05-10-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10619958)
Not familiar with Bailey.

Give me something on him.

USC used him all over the place. More recently he essentially played the same role that Berry has on our defense. Good instincts, decent athlete, willing tackler, was good at the S position when USC used him there earlier in his career. But because he didn't really have a set position in USC, he's a project.

SeeingRed 05-10-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 10619955)
Is Murray healthy to play now or will he need time? When did he sprain his ACL?

yes he's all good…had surgery and is all healed already. One of the fastest ACL healing times i have ever heard. :thumb:

Ragged Robin 05-10-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 10619971)

The Chiefs have drafted 10 QB since 1988, including Murray. The previous 9 have not won a game as a Chiefs starter #KCpick (@EliasSports)

ROFL

Strongside 05-10-2014 01:29 PM

Dion Bailey needs to be the pick if he's there. That guy will eventually be a starter in this league no matter where he goes. Reminds me a lot of Bernard Pollard.

Exoter175 05-10-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10619967)

Which reminds me. Next year could be interesting with the comp picks. Gives some flexibility to move around the other picks.

That's what I was saying in the rebuilding thread yesterday, we're bound to get at least 3 and more likely 4 picks next year. We should be solid. :thumb:

saphojunkie 05-10-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 10619955)
Is Murray healthy to play now or will he need time? When did he sprain his ACL?

Put him on IR. You keep DanielS for one more year in case Alex goes down for a game. Bray gets minutes in the preseason. Murray gets to learn.

Next year, you cut/trade DanielSSSS.

Bray gets the bulk of preseason minutes and becomes trade bait, a la Kevin Kolb.

RINGLEADER 05-10-2014 01:30 PM

Do you think Murray can play FB?

saphojunkie 05-10-2014 01:30 PM

If Bailey is gone, what about Ahmad Dixon?

The Franchise 05-10-2014 01:30 PM

Murray said his doctor gave him the green light. He's ready to go for TC.

milkman 05-10-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 10619973)
God yes, he's our last hope at moving Berry to centerfield.

Solid tackler, solid box safety type. Not super fast, pretty decent in jamming guys at the line in press man, total Sutton pick if I've ever seen one and I'm not sure why he hasn't pulled the trigger on him yet. If he's there at the 6.17 I fully expect it to be Dion Bailey unless they plan on Gaines to move into a box type which I don't think he's suited for.

If we could go Bailey then Jones/Morris, our defense would be shored up and solid for the next 5 years for depth and starters IMO.

If we don't close out the 6th round with a double dip on defense, I hope to god we snag Richardson.

I think this staff values Berry's versatility far too much to move him.

If they use Gaines at safety, it will be at FS, IMO.

Marcellus 05-10-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 10619971)

That stat has been around CP for a while. Brokie had many chances to break that streak.

OldSchool 05-10-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10619995)
If Bailey is gone, what about Ahmad Dixon?

Love Dixon. Wouldn't mind if we drafted him. Tremendous tools and great competitor with lots of fire in him.

Exoter175 05-10-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10619988)
Dion Bailey needs to be the pick if he's there. That guy will eventually be a starter in this league no matter where he goes. Reminds me a lot of Bernard Pollard.

He's an absolute Pollard type, possibly even a Merton Hanks type for semi-old schoolers out there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10620000)
I think this staff values Berry's versatility far too much to move him.

If they use Gaines at safety, it will be at FS, IMO.

I think with all the pass rushers we've setup, and with the way cooper has risen, I feel like they'd allow berry to move if they could find another willing tackler as a box safety, and Dion is that guy, and that would be a huge home run for this defense.

And yes, if gaines goes safety it could only ever be as a FS position, despite him being better suited as a press man corner type.