ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012 Kansas Football Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253033)

Pasta Little Brioni 01-22-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8317458)
Let's not pretend that MU fills any stadium not located in Columbia, MO.

That's not the point. KU can't fill a track and field stadium much less bring more than a few dozen fans to Arrowhead, yet we are supposed to believe that KC is some hardcore Beaker football town that can't get enough. Riiiight.

Like it or not, bringing premier football teams and the best football conference by far is going to be huge for the region.

Mr. Plow 01-22-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8317463)
Let's not pretend that ku fills any stadiums anywhere. MU has sold more than enough tickets in CoMo and Arrowhead. Not sure why Wickedson and Co. seem to have an issue with Mizzou's ticket sales.

Eh. As I've said from the beginning, ticket sales - for any sport college or pro - directly reflect the product on the field. It shouldn't come as a shock to anyone that KU tickets sales were horrid this year.

It's called logic. Shitty team = shitty ticket sales.....Good team = good ticket sales.

And, like I just said, MU does a good job of filling up the stadium in Columbia. Anywhere else, not so much.

Mr. Plow 01-22-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8317515)
That's not the point. KU can't fill a track and field stadium much less bring more than a few dozen fans to Arrowhead, yet we are supposed to believe that KC is some hardcore Beaker football town that can't get enough. Riiiight.

Like it or not, bringing premier football teams and the best football conference by far is going to be huge for the region.

I won't say it that it will not happen, but I don't see Florida/Alabama playing MU in KC....not in football anyway.

Edit: Possibly Arkansas though. I could see that one.

Saul Good 01-22-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8317533)
Eh. As I've said from the beginning, ticket sales - for any sport college or pro - directly reflect the product on the field. It shouldn't come as a shock to anyone that KU tickets sales were horrid this year.

It's called logic. Shitty team = shitty ticket sales.....Good team = good ticket sales.

And, like I just said, MU does a good job of filling up the stadium in Columbia. Anywhere else, not so much.

Fortunately, our stadium is in Columbia.

Mr. Plow 01-22-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8317544)
Fortunately, our stadium is in Columbia.

Yes. Home games will still do well.

Saul Good 01-22-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8317542)
I won't say it that it will not happen, but I don't see Florida/Alabama playing MU in KC....not in football anyway.

Edit: Possibly Arkansas though. I could see that one.

I will say it. It's not going to happen. That doesn't mean that there won't be a noncon game there. It's just not going to be a huge name.

mnchiefsguy 01-22-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8317533)

I think Mizzou has shown it has had no problems selling tickets in KC or STL. It is not Mizzou's fault that ku fans failed to show up at Arrowhead. Of the tickets sold for the last border war there...85-90% were bought by MU fans. You cannot blame MU for empty seats at Arrowhead.

Messier 01-22-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

KC is an MU, KU, and KSU town. Many fans of all three schools, no one gets to claim KC. KU football support is really low right now, they are god awful. The 2007 game at Arrowhead had over 80,000 people there.

Mr. Plow 01-22-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8317558)
I think Mizzou has shown it has had no problems selling tickets in KC or STL. It is not Mizzou's fault that ku fans failed to show up at Arrowhead. Of the tickets sold for the last border war there...85-90% were bought by MU fans. You cannot blame MU for empty seats at Arrowhead.

I agree. No KU fan wanted to watch KU play. I know you understand that. If MU were as horrible as KU were last year, can you say that MU fans would have still paid all the money, parking, etc. to go watch that game? I don't think so.

I really don't know, what was the attendance for the KU/MU game in KC?

Pasta Little Brioni 01-22-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8317565)
KC is an MU, KU, and KSU town. Many fans of all three schools, no one gets to claim KC. KU football support is really low right now, they are god awful. The 2007 game at Arrowhead had over 80,000 people there.

Fair enough.

Saul Good 01-22-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8317565)

KSU is really a fringe team in KC. It's KU and MU. From there, it's a pretty big gap between those two and KSU and Nebraska.

WilliamTheIrish 01-22-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8316064)
It'll be different. They said they'll make it work (radio wise) but when they do a MU segment and it has no barring on anything local, and they know half, or more of their listeners are tuning out, how does that work. I guess like like when KK does a cooking segment.

You're insane.

I'm a KSU guy, but if the Tide comes to COMO next season, and I'm in KC at the time, I'm going to find my way to that game. And there will be plenty of radio coverage of MU/SEC and it will be just as popular as when they were MU/Big XII.

To think otherwise is ridiculous.

WilliamTheIrish 01-22-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8317584)
KSU is really a fringe team in KC. It's KU and MU. From there, it's a pretty big gap between those two and KSU and Nebraska.

Fringe? Maybe a little more than fringe. Definitely 3rd by a good margin. Cat fans pack the place pretty well for Bball and did a decent job getting good crowds for Farmageddon.

Saul Good 01-22-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 8317597)
Fringe? Maybe a little more than fringe. Definitely 3rd by a good margin. Cat fans pack the place pretty well for Bball and did a decent job getting good crowds for Farmageddon.

Fringe might be underselling KSU. I'm just saying they KSU can barely be considered a KC team. They have a following, but you don't see purple gear everywhere.

Lzen 01-22-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Once again we have MUrons trolling our thread and posting bullshit about KU. You don't have a clue what you're talking about. KU was filling that stadium when they were good. Of course they don't sell as many tix when they're bad. That's the nature of sports. You can't say that MU would fill their stadium if they were bad like Turner Gill's teams. Get a ****ing clue.