ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The Official NEW (new)^3 conference realignment & shit talk thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285386)

Discuss Thrower 11-11-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11103255)
Probably not, but I would think long and hard about it.

TCU is extremely small for a D1 school (8k undergrad enrollment and about 4k grad enrollment). It would be hard for TCU to put up a consistently competitive program in the $EC.

Academics are also pretty big to a good portion of our boosters so $EC membership becomes a tough sell to them.

But, I could be swayed.

I think, unless the SEC can raid two teams from the ACC, their only logical move in expanding to 16 (if they were to do it) would be to take either TCU or Baylor for one spot in the SEC-W and maybe WVU for the corresponding open spot in the east.

Scheduling becomes a problem at that point since NCAA apparently doesn't allow "pods" of four, and it'd probably be a hard sell for the current 14 teams to do a eight or nine game conference schedule every year... But that hasn't stopped me from putting one together of course.

Bambi 11-11-2014 12:19 PM

Big Boy Football

1 SEC- West
2 ACC
3 Pac-12
4 SEC- West
5 Big 12
6 Big 12
7 Pac-12
8 Big 10
9 SEC- West
10 SEC- West

Saul Good 11-11-2014 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 11103273)
Of course. The East makes it much worse but the West has 2 teams ranked slightly above 2 in the Big 12.

Nothing in the SEC East compares to the Big 12.

Just look at the rankings.

If you just look at the rankings, you will only see three Big 12 teams.

Prison Bitch 11-11-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11103221)
The Big Not-12 is not as competitive as the SEC from top to bottom. Sorry, but they just aren't. And never mind that there are only 9 teams in the Big XII (?) compared to 14 in the SEC. The numbers alone work against you.

Can't wait to hear your "Vanderbilt? Please!" retort.

The only retort I use is the one I always use: you don't play the best teams which reside in the West. Your "top to bottom" argument is total nonsense with respect to Mizzou.

Bowser 11-11-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11103289)
If you just look at the rankings, you will only see three Big 12 teams.

But that's only because the SEC East is so bad. /Bambilogic

Bowser 11-11-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 11103297)
The only retort I use is the one I always use: you don't play the best teams which reside in the West. Your "top to bottom" argument is total nonsense with respect to Mizzou.

Mizzou doesn't make its own schedule. Can't help you there, champ.

Bambi 11-11-2014 12:42 PM

The last time the SEC-LEast won the SEC Tim Tebow was playing.

LMAO

Sully 11-11-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 11103316)
The last time the SEC-LEast won the SEC Tim Tebow was playing.

LMAO

Pretty close to the same as the last time kU had a winning record, huh?

Prison Bitch 11-11-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11103301)
Mizzou doesn't make its own schedule. Can't help you there, champ.

Sure you do, you made it when you left. And chose to play a weaker league schedule

Bowser 11-11-2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 11103333)
Sure you do, you made it when you left. And chose to play a weaker league schedule

Hilarious. Weren't you idiots the ones initially telling us how we were going to get destroyed in the East, now you're saying how we are dodging real competition by being in the East? And IIRC, Mizzou actually WANTED to be in the West just for logistical reasons....

Pitt Gorilla 11-11-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11103341)
Hilarious. Weren't you idiots the ones initially telling us how we were going to get destroyed in the East, now you're saying how we are dodging real competition by being in the East? And IIRC, Mizzou actually WANTED to be in the West just for logistical reasons....

To be fair, I'm not sure PB claims to be intellectually consistent.

WhawhaWhat 11-11-2014 12:57 PM

I look forward to every Saul Good post in this thread. He crushes home runs with these meatball posts.

Prison Bitch 11-11-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11103341)

No, it wasn't me. My argument was that while you'd never win the SEC and would struggle vs legit teams, there were plenty of garbage teams (Vandy Kentucky, Miss teams) that aren't good. That might change some year to year with Florida sucking and Miss State good but that's my argument.

Three years in, lookin like I nailed it.

Saul Good 11-11-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 11103367)
No, it wasn't me. My argument was that while you'd never win the SEC and would struggle vs legit teams, there were plenty of garbage teams (Vandy Kentucky, Miss teams) that aren't good. That might change some year to year with Florida sucking and Miss State good but that's my argument.

Three years in, lookin like I nailed it.

You nailed it all right. Mississippi teams aren't good...Mizzou hasn't managed to beat Georgia, Florida, aTm, or South Carolina...

Saul Good 11-11-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 11103059)
They used to argue the whole SoS thing. A few years into their experiment, they don't even bother anymore. "We steppin up!" is long gone now that reality has come.

Show me one post in this thread where a Mizzou fan said that we wanted out of the Big 12 because we wanted to improve our SOS. (Only idiots would argue that it hasn't happened, but that was never a reason anyone wanted to accept the promotion.)