ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ****Official 2014 STL Cardinals thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278302)

BigRedChief 07-29-2014 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10775015)
So, here's the thing about Motte--he ****ing sucks.

he's part of the Mathemy bible study group. Cut him a break.

O.city 07-29-2014 10:54 PM

Yeah motte sucks.

And fellas, I'm just not about giving up big non pitching prospects for a rental. We aren't winning anything this year even with a new starter. Play for the future and see what happens.

It's time to move in from Craig. Thanks for te service, but get gone.

If I were Mo, I'd try and package Jay and Craig for anything I could get simply so Matheny wouldn't continue to trot them out therr

BigRedChief 07-29-2014 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10775019)
Yeah motte sucks.

And fellas, I'm just not about giving up big non pitching prospects for a rental. We aren't winning anything this year even with a new starter. Play for the future and see what happens.

It's time to move in from Craig. Thanks for te service, but get gone.

If I were Mo, I'd try and package Jay and Craig for anything I could get simply so Matheny wouldn't continue to trot them out therr

you can't get a bag of rocks for Craig right now.

O.city 07-29-2014 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10775022)
you can't get a bag of rocks for Craig right now.

Some one would take him.

Hell, the Royals need a RFer/DH. Offer to pay most of his salary an take a low end prospect for him.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-29-2014 11:03 PM

You're better off firing Matheny and eating that money than paying some other team 30 million bucks to take Craig off your hands. Just make the mother****er a pinch hitter.

kcpasco 07-29-2014 11:05 PM

Get ready for some Descalso or Ellis in the 9th.

Thanks Mo and Matheny.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-29-2014 11:06 PM

The only thing I can think of regarding Craig is that maybe he's still ****ed up from that Lis Franc injury and that maybe he's not able to properly drive off his foot. I wouldn't put it past the Cardinals medical staff to **** up a hangnail, let alone a fracture dislocation.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-29-2014 11:08 PM

Off to Brazzers. Have a good night, guys.

kcpasco 07-29-2014 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10775037)
The only thing I can think of regarding Craig is that maybe he's still ****ed up from that Lis Franc injury and that maybe he's not able to properly drive off his foot. I wouldn't put it past the Cardinals medical staff to **** up a hangnail, let alone a fracture dislocation.

They should dl him then and let him rehab some in AAA. You cannot keep starting him over Taveras.

BigRedChief 07-29-2014 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10775037)

Both he and the Cards say no lingering impact. But how can a guy who has always hit .300 fall so far so fast?

kcpasco 07-29-2014 11:34 PM

Is there anyone on this team besides Carpenter that won't swing at horrible pitches?

BigRedChief 07-29-2014 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 10775050)
Is there anyone on this team besides Carpenter that won't swing at horrible pitches?

OT?

/end man crush

kcpasco 07-29-2014 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10775054)
OT?

/end man crush

If only he had more at bats so I could tell.

Just pitch the Cards down and in and they will swing and miss all game long.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-30-2014 05:35 PM

Really like the Masterson deal. Ramsey looks promising, but everyone puts up huge numbers in AA except for Kozma. The loss in velocity is worrisome, but they just need someone to chew innings. Glad that Mozeliak wasn't duped into giving up the farm for a rental of Price or Molester.

BigRedChief 07-30-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10776398)
Really like the Masterson deal. Ramsey looks promising, but everyone puts up huge numbers in AA except for Kozma. The loss in velocity is worrisome, but they just need someone to chew innings. Glad that Mozeliak wasn't duped into giving up the farm for a rental of Price or Molester.

Yeah, he could be this years Jared Weaver. Lighting strikes twice as a high side and the low side is we gave up a MLB starter under control for 6 years for a #4 starter rental of two months. But, IMHO its way too early to think he will be a regular MLB player.

I'm okay with it. We have to do something about the corner outfield logjam. He was well behind OT/Piscotty/Grichuk etc. He may or may not work out. About the best value you can get at the trade deadline. The Indians and the Cardinals are both gambling on a potential upside but not betting the farm on it.