ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

duncan_idaho 02-11-2013 05:41 PM

Lande and Brandt are not bad guys (I actually have worked with both). In fact, they're both very pleasant. But neither has adapted very well to the modern NFL. Still placing too much emphasis on grunts. OL/DL are important, but the rule changes have evened the playing field quite a bit for OL. It's much easier for teams to get the ball out quickly and accurately.

At least Lande isn't running around like Matt Miller on Joeckel, comparing a solid LT prospect to generational type physical freaks of nature (Pace/Ogden).

HolyHat 02-11-2013 05:43 PM

Too much fatty talk going on this thread...can we stroke some chocolate for a couple pages now?

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-11-2013 05:45 PM

i could have sworn Joekel was next in line for Yahweh's throne...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-11-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9394590)
Too much fatty talk going on this thread...can we stroke some chocolate for a couple pages now?

i agree. You know what goes good with bbq? Some tasty chocolate penii chaser.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 02-11-2013 05:53 PM

Passing on Geno would probably make me angrier than I've ever been with the Franchise. I really can't "defer to authority" on this one.

lewdog 02-11-2013 05:55 PM

I love Geno and this thread
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/o...ump_03/fap.gif

Pasta Little Brioni 02-11-2013 06:00 PM

Choco Painii!!!!!!!!!!

saphojunkie 02-11-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9394623)
Passing on Geno would probably make me angrier than I've ever been with the Franchise. I really can't "defer to authority" on this one.

You guys, seriously...

I ventured out to the comments section of a few NFL draft articles today on NFL.com. I am just exploding with rage and confusion at how stupid Chiefs fans are. They ALL want us to "trade down!" As if someone is going to give us five first rounders for the honor of drafting Star Melakalickimaka.

It's unbelievable.

One asshole said that Geno Smith would fail because he's the same player as Tim ****ing Tebow. :#

Kiimo 02-11-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9394623)

I hate when fans say that. For the last three years I've had friends say to me things like, "Har har you think you know more than Pioli? There's a reason he runs a football team and you don't."

Well if I had run the team we'd have Russell Wilson and BJ Raji instead of Tyson Jackson and Donald Stevenson so don't give me that crap.

Ask the '08 Dolphins if they'd rather have Jake Long or Matt Ryan at this point.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-11-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 9394662)
I hate when fans say that. For the last three years I've had friends say to me things like, "Har har you think you know more than *****? There's a reason he runs a football team and you don't."

Well if I had run the team we'd have Russell Wilson and BJ Raji instead of Tyson Jackson and Donald Stevenson so don't give me that crap.

Ask the '08 Dolphins if they'd rather have Jake Long or Matt Ryan at this point.

I've watched every throw from this past season and if guys like Sam Bradford can be drafted number one, so can Geno. He's as good/better a prospect as Ryan and Bradford. It cracks me up that the same QB isn't good enough crowd would NEVER have drafted guys like Ryan, Flacco, or Big Ben. They'd be too risky and pine for a guard.

lewdog 02-11-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 9394662)

Well sure in hindsight but here is my take on why taking Geno is the choice, even if you don't think he is can't miss. Taking a shot with a rookie QB at #1 is way ****ing better than taking any of the QBs who will be on the market this spring. If they take Geno and in 3 years he is failed out of the league, I can live with that because they took the best chance they could at moving this franchise forward. If they take a dickwad re-tread like Alex Smith and don't win, that is a much greater mistake and would piss me off way more.

We have done the latter for 20 ****ing years with no results! How can this reeruned fan base not be ecstatic to take a QB #1?

Pasta Little Brioni 02-11-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9394651)
You guys, seriously...

I ventured out to the comments section of a few NFL draft articles today on NFL.com. I am just exploding with rage and confusion at how stupid Chiefs fans are. They ALL want us to "trade down!" As if someone is going to give us five first rounders for the honor of drafting Star Melakalickimaka.

It's unbelievable.

One asshole said that Geno Smith would fail because he's the same player as Tim ****ing Tebow. :#

Their is nothing worse than the casual NFL fan acting likey know something. I guarendamtee that none of those slapdicks have even seen Geno play. He's a rising the more scouts see of him.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-11-2013 06:14 PM

you know what goes good with ice cream? Do ya?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 02-11-2013 06:15 PM

Rape?

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-11-2013 06:16 PM

lol
Posted via Mobile Device