ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

Basileus777 12-08-2008 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5278814)
So you think it will be out before Home is?

I figure Home will just remain in a perpetual beta like state. They'll just keep adding features so that maybe in a few years it will be what they promised.

kcxiv 12-08-2008 05:14 PM

There is actually an article saying home comes out this week. Well open beta, but its basically just like a mmo, in that it will stay in some form of beta until forever basically. You can always upgrade the thing.

BigRock 12-10-2008 10:07 PM

Has anybody here modded their 360?

Ultra Peanut 12-10-2008 10:21 PM

Quote:

2. Not enough city tracks -- Would love to see a few more city tracks like in GT (Seattle, Monaco, etc.)
Gross. Real tracks, please.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-10-2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 5285045)
Has anybody here modded their 360?

Well, that one tard who put in a bunch of nylon screws to fix his RRoD, thus voiding his 3 year warranty did...

Swanman 12-11-2008 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5285072)
Well, that one tard who put in a bunch of nylon screws to fix his RRoD, thus voiding his 3 year warranty did...

I tried the trick where you wrap the 360 in a bunch of towels and leave it on for about 20-30 minutes to heat it up when it had Rrod. It worked afterwards, but only for an hour or so, then went back to not working. Sent it in to get repaired after that.

Mark M 12-11-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 5285065)
Gross. Real tracks, please.

The only real track out there that hasn't been in either game that I'd love to take a spin on is Watkins Glenn.

The reason I like the city tracks is because they tend to be different, have more elevation changes, etc. Except for the NYC tracks in both GT and Forza -- way too easy.

Just my preference.

MM
~~:)

007 12-13-2008 03:32 PM

I just love the new push 360 has going. The game sales and free premium shit now requires you to have Gold membership to even download them, hence NOT FREE. Nickel and dime.

kcxiv 12-13-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5290231)
I just love the new push 360 has going. The game sales and free premium shit now requires you to have Gold membership to even download them, hence NOT FREE. Nickel and dime.

Dont really get what you are saying. You pretty much always had to have xbox live to get stuff from the 360 online service. Then again, i have had xbox live since early 2004. Never been without it since my original xbox

007 12-13-2008 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 5290273)
Dont really get what you are saying. You pretty much always had to have xbox live to get stuff from the 360 online service. Then again, i have had xbox live since early 2004. Never been without it since my original xbox

The past couple of weeks they have had a free theme to DL. But ONLY if you are a Gold member. Same with the sales they have had on some games ever since the NXE update. You have to be Gold to get the sales and free stuff. About the only thing a silver member can do is download demos or pay full prices on everything. They are going out of their way to try and get Silver members to fork over the 50 bucks just to get sale prices and freebies now.

kcxiv 12-13-2008 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5290307)
The past couple of weeks they have had a free theme to DL. But ONLY if you are a Gold member. Same with the sales they have had on some games ever since the NXE update. You have to be Gold to get the sales and free stuff. About the only thing a silver member can do is download demos or pay full prices on everything. They are going out of their way to try and get Silver members to fork over the 50 bucks just to get sale prices and freebies now.

ooh yeah, they are running a business. got it. lol

007 12-13-2008 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 5290321)
ooh yeah, they are running a business. got it. lol

Well, its not really free when you force people to upgrade to get it for free. sorry, I just don't like the way M$ does things. Especially since the upgrade.

Hootie 12-13-2008 06:00 PM

if anyone wants to add me my new name is ANDY BL0WS with the o being a zero...my friends and I play Halo all of the time and my roommate Andy is terrible but we carry him so he's ranked a 45 even though he goes -10 every game...

kcxiv 12-13-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5290352)
Well, its not really free when you force people to upgrade to get it for free. sorry, I just don't like the way M$ does things. Especially since the upgrade.

Its free with a paid service. I know what you are saying, but i dont really have a problem with it since i play on live alot and its realy beneficial to me. i love it.

007 12-13-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 5290381)
Its free with a paid service. I know what you are saying, but i dont really have a problem with it since i play on live alot and its realy beneficial to me. i love it.

But, thats not free.

And thats fine. I have no problem with people that pay for live. I just have a problem with the M$ business concept.