ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2018 Free Agents (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313128)

Chief Northman 03-11-2018 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13461275)
We ALL want more fire and passion from this defense, but do you really want someone that dirty?

There is a distinct line between brutal, physical attitude and outright cheap and dirty IMO... not to mention his well known rep as a freelancer, that kinda shit sets a terrible example for the entire team

C’mon 6 - He’s still top 3 or 4 at his position. Commands doubles all the time and earns his teammates matchup advantages. The intimidation factor is always there which can only help a defense needing an identity.
Go get him.

Easy 6 03-11-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 13461056)
Plug offensive holes via FA's and fix the defense with young studs through the draft. Profit.

Yes, that is hopefully the basic template Veach is using

BryanBusby 03-11-2018 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13461281)
Have to wait and see but I’m just not sure they’re really looking for a new LG.

So they talked to them at the combine for funsies?

O.city 03-11-2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13461290)
So they talked to them at the combine for funsies?

Meant in free agency

Plus they seem to talk to everyone

MahiMike 03-11-2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 13461056)
Plug offensive holes via FA's and fix the defense with young studs through the draft. Profit.

Then give me Allen Robinson and be done w/FA.

Easy 6 03-11-2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13461281)
Have to wait and see but I’m just not sure they’re really looking for a new LG.

Yep, said the same thing a couple weeks ago... just have this really weird feeling they're gonna stand pat

They'll put Morse back at center, plug Ehinger back in at LG and let Fulton walk... they're gonna dick this up, I'd swear on it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13461284)
C’mon 6 - He’s still top 3 or 4 at his position. Commands doubles all the time and earns his teammates matchup advantages. The intimidation factor is always there which can only help a defense needing an identity.
Go get him.

He is getting old
He is gonna be expensive
He will cost you field position with dumb penalties

http://www.nflpenalties.com/player/n...hins?year=2017

I just dont think Veach is looking for aging superstars, its hard to get young and fast when you're spending all your money on old and expensive

RunKC 03-11-2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13461269)
And even then, we would "fix" it within a year and then turn around and go through the exact same shit next season. Forced to cut guys more than a year away from the ends of longterm deals, still eating dead money from the mistakes of the past, faced with a somewhat lackluster array of draft picks from signing too many expensive free agents, all while a good handful of our best players are needing new longterm deals.

Philly gave Wentz those weapons in his second year. That's great. But we aren't Philly. We don't have their defense or their (mostly) clean cap. We'd be spending too much to jumpstart an offense that might not even need jumpstarting, even if it COULD use an extra receiving weapon or two.

We're sitting right now in a very dangerous position at CB. Kenneth Fuller alone is not a secondary. In my opinion, there are a few very good free agent CBs that will be out there. If we pay for a $10 million+ AAV free agent, that's where we should focus our efforts. Give that money to a guy we can trust on a multi-year deal and roll with him as an important cornerstone of our secondary. With that one player, we'd still have some money left on the cap this year to fill in the gaps where needed, rollover some of it into next year, and be in a much better position to add what we need for a big playoff push in 2019.

Yes, the draft will help if we know what we're doing, but I'd prefer to not go into the draft hamstrung by positional need. If we have to draft 2-3 CBs, with one of them going AT LEAST in our first three picks, and also keep our eyes open for potential rookie starters at NT, OLB, and LG, then we're not likely to pick the true best player available on our board every time it's our turn to hand in the card to the podium.

I agree.

They aren’t going to find a DL who will be ready to start day 1 from rd 2-7. They need to get 3-4 mid level FA’s/trades and then use the 1st 2 draft picks all on defense.

BryanBusby 03-11-2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13461297)
Meant in free agency

Plus they seem to talk to everyone

Well I can't see them actively looking to give LT money to a Guard.

RunKC 03-11-2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Sammy Watkins may end up doing a bridge contract similar to Robinson's. We'll see if he hits that $14M threshold, but the Rams are working actively to retain him, sources said, and Watkins is open to staying there. His injury history gives a lot of teams pause, but the overall paucity of high-end pass catchers available bodes well for him.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...mpression=true

$14 million? Hell no.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-11-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13461352)

I’m out at that price too.

I don’t know what the hell Veach is going to do. The market sucks.

tyreekthefreak 03-11-2018 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13461361)
I’m out at that price too.

I don’t know what the hell Veach is going to do. The market sucks.

Hopefully, Veach will resign Fulton and try Morse at LG!

pugsnotdrugs19 03-11-2018 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak (Post 13461372)

We met a bunch of guards at the combine. I think we’ll draft one.

Easy 6 03-11-2018 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13461375)
We met a bunch of guards at the combine. I think we’ll draft one.

Any names you can remember?

Cosmos 03-11-2018 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak (Post 13461372)

After a good rookie year, not sure what we have in Morse today. Veach needs to figure this out because we can’t have Mahomes getting beat up behind a shaky OL.

We don’t have a backup plan after Mahomes.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-11-2018 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13461384)
Any names you can remember?

This list tells who we interviewed at the combine —> https://www.google.com/amp/s/chiefsw...l-combine/amp/

Pretty neat to look at.