ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* NEW- 2014 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285665)

ThaVirus 02-16-2017 07:08 PM

I'll have to look into skullcrushers. I've heard of them but don't know what they are..

ThaVirus 02-16-2017 07:18 PM

Ok, I see. I've done a similar variation of skullcrusher holding a dumbbell instead.

I don't recall ever having any tendinitis issues so I'll make the switch to that exercise for the time being and see how it turns out.

Titty Meat 02-16-2017 10:46 PM

Are two a days a waste of time?

With it being nicer out now I was thinking of doing something like

Monday- cardio am lifting pm
Tues HIIT
Wed Cardio lifting pm
Thurs HIIT
Sat lifting
Sun lifting

Buehler445 02-17-2017 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12744941)

Tues HIIT
Wed Cardio lifting pm
Thurs HIIT
Sat lifting
Sun lifting

I always had better luck lifting before the cardio. :shrug:

BigCatDaddy 02-17-2017 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12744941)

Tues HIIT
Wed Cardio lifting pm
Thurs HIIT
Sat lifting
Sun lifting

2 a days with weights? Yes, that is counterproductive. Why are you splitting up cardio and weights? Hit the weights first and then cardio the same session if you can.

BigCatDaddy 02-17-2017 08:17 AM

There is no way you couldn't destroy your triceps with dips. You can bring a little bit of your pecs into play, but the tricep is always going to be heavily utilized.

If you have elbow issues, I would suggest trying using an under hand grip on some cable extensions.

Titty Meat 02-17-2017 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 12745142)
2 a days with weights? Yes, that is counterproductive. Why are you splitting up cardio and weights? Hit the weights first and then cardio the same session if you can.

Seems like I'm always busy and only have time for 1-1.5 hour workout a night. Usually takes me about an hour sometimes more for weights then I don't have enough time for cardio that's why I was thinking about splittingetting am and pm.

penguinz 02-17-2017 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12744487)
Dips, close grip bench and skullcrushers.

Money in the bank, Virus. Isolating with shitty things like kickbacks and pushdowns really isn't needed. Pushdowns I'll maybe use as a finishing move.

Bench dips with 4*45lb plates on legs for extra resistance. ;-)

lewdog 02-17-2017 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12745155)
Seems like I'm always busy and only have time for 1-1.5 hour workout a night. Usually takes me about an hour sometimes more for weights then I don't have enough time for cardio that's why I was thinking about splittingetting am and pm.

Sounds like you could speed up your workouts. Only time I have long workouts are days where I am doing heavy singles or max work below 3 reps. I'll rest 3-4 minutes between sets on those days for my main lifts. I'll always take longer with my main lifts, deads/squats/bench, but my accessory work on those days I rest less between sets.

No reason no to super set biceps/triceps if you have them paired on the same day. Or even some chest and back lifts. Speeding up portions of your workouts will increase your conditioning and burn more calories so you can spend less time doing cardio later for the same caloric deficit.

penguinz 02-17-2017 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12744652)
Ok, I see. I've done a similar variation of skullcrusher holding a dumbbell instead.

I don't recall ever having any tendinitis issues so I'll make the switch to that exercise for the time being and see how it turns out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vyt2QdsR7E

If you go heavy make sure you keep core engaged and don't arch back.

lewdog 02-17-2017 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 12745161)
Bench dips with 4*45lb plates on legs for extra resistance. ;-)

Bench dips are over-rated. If you need 4, 45lb plates to make it effective, you need to be doing heavy weighted regular dips instead. I don't personally see the need for both unless regular dips are bothering your shoulders that much.

penguinz 02-17-2017 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12745169)
Bench dips are over-rated. If you need 4, 45lb plates to make it effective, you need to be doing heavy weighted regular dips instead. I don't personally see the need for both unless regular dips are bothering your shoulders that much.

I finish arm day with high reps on bench dip.

I do regular dips on chest day with extra weight.

penguinz 02-17-2017 08:35 AM

Vanity moment... I am up to 185lbs with lower fat %.

Titty Meat 02-17-2017 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 12745177)
Vanity moment... I am up to 185lbs with lower fat %.

Whats that nutrition looking like? I'm jealous.

penguinz 02-17-2017 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12745184)
Whats that nutrition looking like? I'm jealous.

Haven't changed diet much other than cutting way down on bread and pasta.

A few supplements thrown in.

Lifting a bit more intensely. Put up 295 * 5 the other morning. Not bad for being 5am in the morning with two torn up shoulders.