ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life New Dating Megathread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270679)

Pasta Little Brioni 10-25-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10123332)
Then you realize there aren't 19 women worth messaging in order to receive a reply on the 20th.

I'd rather be forever alone then waste my time trying to talk up chubsters, baby mommas and nutjobs.

It is way too time consuming. Plus it is sad as **** when you finally get b to the meet and you aren't into her at all. Even the average, nerdy ones are tough to land ROFL Girls you would land for sure in person.

KCGal 10-25-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10122893)
In real life men don't ask you out because why? Do you come off as unapproachable? Do you send out the vibe that you want to be approached?

just dont meet single men in my social circles. While i am a very friendly person, I am not one to strike up a conversation with a random guy at the gas station. I am no doubt shy when it comes to men and I'm trying to work on that.

Anyways I think I have a date lined up for the weekend so that is a major accomplishment.

KCGal 10-25-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10123323)
I have read on average a guy has to send 20 messages to get 1 reply. Makes sense when you realize just how many they receive.

That was kind of what I'm trying to say - it is insane the # of messages you get and I'm in my 30s so I'm not a young pup. Definitely men are focused on sending as many messages as possible.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-25-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCGal (Post 10123347)
That was kind of what I'm trying to say - it is insane the # of messages you get and I'm in my 30s so I'm not a young pup. Definitely men are focused on sending as many messages as possible.

Yeah, you have to. Too much competition. A lot of weirdos too though, so being a nice, normal guy can get some meets. Unfortunately the prize is not always as advertised.

KCGal 10-25-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10123352)
Yeah, you have to. Too much competition. A lot of weirdos too though, so being a nice, normal guy can get some meets. Unfortunately the prize is not always as advertised.

I know, I definitely don't want to meet someone and them be disappointed. I put up one pic of me that is super pretty (I can be very photogenic) and then some other ones that are good but not amazing. I made one of my guy friends go through and help me so that I didn't just pick super flattering pics. I'm not trying to trick anyone.

Bowser 10-25-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCGal (Post 10123362)
I know, I definitely don't want to meet someone and them be disappointed. I put up one pic of me that is super pretty (I can be very photogenic) and then some other ones that are good but not amazing. I made one of my guy friends go through and help me so that I didn't just pick super flattering pics. I'm not trying to trick anyone.

You need to drop your shitty self image if you expect to meet anyone, online or otherwise. Of course you're not perfect, but let me let you in on a little secret - none of the guys you're talking to are perfect either.

Stop second guessing yourself and doing the OMG I'M NOT (whatever it is you think you need to be), and go have fun. Laugh, tell jokes, smile. It will all work itself out.

Discuss Thrower 10-25-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10123373)
You need to drop your shitty self image if you expect to meet anyone, online or otherwise. Of course you're not perfect, but let me let you in on a little secret - none of the guys you're talking to are perfect either.

Stop second guessing yourself and doing the OMG I'M NOT (whatever it is you think you need to be), and go have fun. Laugh, tell jokes, smile. It will all work itself out.

Agreed. You can't control their level of enjoyment.

KCGal 10-25-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10123373)

All I'm saying is I don't want to put up the most amazing photos I have and then someone meet me and be like wow she looks nothing like that in real life. I don't think I have a shitty self image but I don't study my appearance and I freely admit I have no clue how men perceive me. I'm at least doing something about it.

The Franchise 10-25-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCGal (Post 10123390)
All I'm saying is I don't want to put up the most amazing photos I have and then someone meet me and be like wow she looks nothing like that in real life. I don't think I have a shitty self image but I don't study my appearance and I freely admit I have no clue how men perceive me. I'm at least doing something about it.

Are you putting up pictures that don't realistically show off what you look like?

KCGal 10-25-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10123408)
Are you putting up pictures that don't realistically show off what you look like?

No. They are very realistic and recent. I guess I'm always reading in here you guys feel tricked when you meet someone in person and they are dramatically different so I want to avoid putting up my most amazing pictures. I would rather a guy be pleasantly surprised than like ugh.

Valiant 10-25-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCGal (Post 10123423)
No. They are very realistic and recent. I guess I'm always reading in here you guys feel tricked when you meet someone in person and they are dramatically different so I want to avoid putting up my most amazing pictures. I would rather a guy be pleasantly surprised than like ugh.

Just take a picture of you waist up showing your body and face, no awkward angles. Close up of face in one, show off your arms and legs.

That is all the honesty you need.

Buck 10-25-2013 04:46 PM

Shit is popping off right now. Text conversation just went south.

AndChiefs 10-25-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCGal (Post 10123423)

I think the only major complaint is where a picture makes you look like you weigh 50 pounds less than you actually do. Everyone's going to put up pictures that they are photogenic in but a lot of them will take angles to make them look skinnier when they are actually very overweight.

Valiant 10-25-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10123487)
Shit is popping off right now. Text conversation just went south.

As long as we dont hear you belly aching that you lover her two weeks later..

Valiant 10-25-2013 04:50 PM

And that is true on girls getting way more messages, my friend gets 100+ a day. a ****ing day.

I think half of the attractive girls on the sites are men.