ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Dr. Gigglepants 03-28-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8499267)
KU didn't win. I'm happy they didn't win.

What does moral victory have to do with anything I said?

Ok with losing? I would never say that but I guess eventually as a KU fan you have to get there or you'll go crazy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bambi 03-28-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8499303)
The seat belt on his rascal is too tight; that's all.

Charlie lookin good!

http://media.lawrence.com/img/photos...167d6870b19a92

Bambi 03-28-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8499321)
Ok with losing? I would never say that but I guess eventually as a KU fan you have to get there or you'll go crazy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Many KU fans wanted Gill out from day one. He was about a high school level football coach. Nice guy, but not cut out for Division 1 Football.

The idea of sending KU's longtime rival MU off with a loss as they left the conference was scary to many KU fans being that it could lead to Gill actually retaining his job for the next year.

Of course it's tough to ever see your team lose but this is one of those odd situations that all of Kansas was willing to see MU take over the game and win.

DaKCMan AP 03-28-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8499302)
Once you've been there you know what is possible.

-Wickedson

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.bloggings...hdad_bob_1.jpg

Dr. Gigglepants 03-28-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8499327)
Many KU fans wanted Gill out from day one. He was about a high school level football coach. Nice guy, but not cut out for Division 1 Football.

The idea of sending KU's longtime rival MU off with a loss as they left the conference was scary to many KU fans being that it could lead to Gill actually retaining his job for the next year.

Of course it's tough to ever see your team lose but this is one of those odd situations that all of Kansas was willing to see MU take over the game and win.

MORAL VICTORIES. WHEN REAL ONES ARE TOO HARD.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bambi 03-28-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8499335)
MORAL VICTORIES. WHEN REAL ONES ARE TOO HARD.
Posted via Mobile Device

There was nothing moral about getting Gill out of town.

That was a clear cut victory for the KU Fan.

HemiEd 03-28-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8499317)
I know you aren't this stupid. We aren't at our traditional floor. We have established a new floor that is higher than our old one. Hell, it's higher than KU's ceiling.

7 wins next year would be a disappointment for Mizzou or a cause for celebration for KU.

I'd rather have an 8 win season be my floor than my ceiling.

Wait, who is being stupid? You just said it was your floor, so now it is your new floor? When do floors become old, and how long are they new? If you lose 8 games next year, will the 8 wins still be your floor, or did you go to the basement?

Mr. Laz 03-28-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8499245)
Gone where?

Isn't this a Big 12 conference thread? Aren't you gone from the Big 12?

*kicks the MUrons to the curb*

Bambi 03-28-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8499374)

I thought this was the teams moving to the mountain west thread. Wtf is going on!?!

Frazod 03-28-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

It's a Mizzou thread. As a result, it's an SEC thread.

And since the Chiefs are a Missouri team, and there are no longer any Big XII teams in Missouri, I guess that makes this an SEC board as well.

*kicks the beakers to the curb* *sort of like every team they play in football*

:)

Saul Good 03-28-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8499361)
Wait, who is being stupid? You just said it was your floor, so now it is your new floor? When do floors become old, and how long are they new? If you lose 8 games next year, will the 8 wins still be your floor, or did you go to the basement?

8 wins has become a down year for Mizzou. I understand that Kansas football fans might not understand the concept of a "floor" since your team has been in a free-fall for years, so I apologize for confusing you.

8 wins is a pretty good season for a lot of teams. It's a disappointing rebuilding year for Mizzou after unexpectedly having underclassmen at DE and QB leave early for the draft and go top 10.

That's a good problem for a program to have, but it. Made for a down year. That said, I'm much rather have a team where 8 wins is a disappointment than one where 6 wins gets your coach a statue.

DaKCMan AP 03-28-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8499387)

And since the Chiefs are a Missouri team, and there are no longer any Big XII teams in Missouri, I guess that makes this an SEC board as well.

It's taken 9 years but I can finally plant my SEC flag on Chiefs Planet and claim victory!!

:D

Frazod 03-28-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8499395)
It's taken 9 years but I can finally plant my SEC flag on Chiefs Planet and claim victory!!

:D

Funny, you're suddenly not nearly as annoying as you once were. :D

Mr. Laz 03-28-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8499387)

Well if this is now an SEC board then maybe all you MUrons should have all your posts taken away and go back to n00b status. You might as well get used to being everyone's little bitch before your first SEC season.

It might help reduce the culture shock.

Saul Good 03-28-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Um, no. WTF gave you that idea?

Mr. Laz 03-28-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8499406)
Funny, you're suddenly not nearly as annoying as you once were. :D

oh yes, he is.

limp-dick state bastige

HemiEd 03-28-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8499392)
8 wins has become a down year for Mizzou. I understand that Kansas football fans might not understand the concept of a "floor" since your team has been in a free-fall for years, so I apologize for confusing you.

8 wins is a pretty good season for a lot of teams. It's a disappointing rebuilding year for Mizzou after unexpectedly having underclassmen at DE and QB leave early for the draft and go top 10.

That's a good problem for a program to have, but it. Made for a down year. That said, I'm much rather have a team where 8 wins is a disappointment than one where 6 wins gets your coach a statue.

Now who is confused? You are talking in circles.
But I would expect nothing less from a guy that loves all things Missouri, but lives in Kansas and hates it, but says it is a better place to live.
To clarify, for the third time with you, I am a fan of all the Kansas teams, including WSU, KU and KState.

Frazod 03-28-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8499411)
Well if this is now an SEC board then maybe all you MUrons should have all your posts taken away and go back to n00b status. You might as well get used to being everyone's little bitch before your first SEC season.

Would going 0-9 in conference play qualify?

Do you have any pointers to offer?

It still cracks me up that Nebraska's been gone for a year and has won a Big XII game more recently than Kansas. LMAO

DaKCMan AP 03-28-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8499415)
oh yes, he is.

limp-dick state bastige

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Saul Good 03-28-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8499411)

I guess if anyone would know what it's like to have a football team that can't compete in it's own conference, it's Kansas.

I mean, you have to go back to the first conference game of the 2009 season to find the last time KU beat a team that is currently in the Big XII. Nice job losing XII straight conference games (and counting).

Saul Good 03-28-2012 02:32 PM

It is kind of nice that Mizzou has a drum and a trophy from the last Big XII football game we ever played as well as a net and a trophy from the last Big XII basketball game we ever played.

Thanks for the lovely parting gifts.

DeezNutz 03-28-2012 02:33 PM

MU icon. Conference realignment title. Yeah, I understand why this attracts all of the KU (basketball) fans, since no one, including your own university, gives two shits about football.

Saulbadguy 03-28-2012 02:36 PM

Given the cyclical nature of conference realignment, would it be safe to say that in the end, this is better for everyone involved?

Compare college football now to college football in the 70's. Has it gotten worst, or better (financially) for both larger and smaller athletic departments?

On an individual level, I don't think it matters more than the big picture. Most of the time, schools will move on to bigger conferences. They will get more money. They will spend more money. Everyone wins.

Braincase 03-28-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8499446)
MU icon. Conference realignment title. Yeah, I understand why this attracts all of the KU (basketball) fans, since no one, including your own university, gives two shits about football.

If that were true, we would've kept Turner Gill.

Saul Good 03-28-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8499446)

I thought this was the Media Center for the Ottowa Roughriders board.

Saul Good 03-28-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8499453)
Given the cyclical nature of conference realignment, would it be safe to say that in the end, this is better for everyone involved?

Compare college football now to college football in the 70's. Has it gotten worst, or better (financially) for both larger and smaller athletic departments?

On an individual level, I don't think it matters more than the big picture. Most of the time, schools will move on to bigger conferences. They will get more money. They will spend more money. Everyone wins.

So you're saying that every school will sell out every game now? /Wickedson

Mr. Laz 03-28-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8499424)
Would going 0-9 in conference play qualify?

Do you have any pointers to offer?

It still cracks me up that Nebraska's been gone for a year and has won a Big XII game more recently than Kansas. LMAO

You should already understand it, you haven't done anything in Basketball for so long you've completely disowned the entire sport.

Hell, you haven't done much in football since 1969

You haven't won a Big 12 football title since .... ever.
You haven't won a Big 12 basketball title since .... ever.
You haven't won a Big 12 baseball title since ... ever

don't worry ... you'll always have women's softball

Softball - Missouri - 2011 Champions

BourbonMan 03-28-2012 02:44 PM

This thread should have been called..." The Saul Good and Wickedson Bitch Fest"...cause basically that's all it's been.

Saulbadguy 03-28-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8499468)
So you're saying that every school will sell out every game now? /Wickedson

FISHING FOR A SERIOUS RESPONSE

Braincase 03-28-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8499484)

You might consider using stink bait. Best way to catch those bottom feeders.

Saul Good 03-28-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8499484)

I think it's still too early to say that everyone is better off financially for it. Texas, for example, has had to make due with a smaller piece (proportionally) of a larger pie. I don't know if that's a net gain or loss for them.

What's more is that I still feel that 4 superconferences are inevitable, if not imminent. The teams that get left out may suffer in the long run. Then again, maybe they would be better off in their own division anyway. The top 64ish teams can have their own football division and play each other in something that resembles a professional league with 4 divisions with the winners and some wildcards advancing to the postseason.

It makes too much sense NOT to happen, and that's the only reason it might not happen.

Saul Good 03-28-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8499493)
You might consider using stink bait. Best way to catch those bottom feeders.

"Bottom feeders"? Is that what they're calling last place in the Big XII, now?

Frazod 03-28-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8499471)
You should already understand it, you haven't done anything in Basketball for so long you've completely disowned the entire sport.

Frankly I care about as much about women's softball as I do men's basketball. Perhaps more, if they're hot.

Braincase 03-28-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8499549)
"Bottom feeders"? Is that what they're calling last place in the Big XII, now?

Wouldn't know. In Lawrence, it's still basketball season.

Saul Good 03-28-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8499584)

Saying it's basketball season in Lawrence is like saying it's winter in Antarctica. Even when it's not, it is.

Braincase 03-28-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8499601)
Saying it's basketball season in Lawrence is like saying it's winter in Antarctica. Even when it's not, it is.

That's a hard point to argue. I had a brief conversation with Charlie Weis after Mass a couple of weeks ago, on Selection Sunday. Father Mitchel made a comment about the selections, and joked about praying for a high seed. I told Coach after that we pray for football, too. He told me it was the wrong season, with a smile.

I think Charlie is pretty cool, and rather approachable. Hope your interaction with your coach is as amiable.

Saul Good 03-28-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8499617)
That's a hard point to argue. I had a brief conversation with Charlie Weis after Mass a couple of weeks ago, on Selection Sunday. Father Mitchel made a comment about the selections, and joked about praying for a high seed. I told Coach after that we pray for football, too. He told me it was the wrong season, with a smile.

I think Charlie is pretty cool, and rather approachable. Hope your interaction with your coach is as amiable.

I had it on good authority that he saw someone at Best Buy and winked at him when asked if we were going to draft Clausen. Then we didn't. Obviously the guy's a liar.

Bambi 03-28-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8499584)

Final Four weekend and the upcoming excitement of what the football team is doing?

Great time to be a Jayhawk.

Bambi 03-28-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8499572)
Frankly I care about as much about women's softball as I do men's basketball. Perhaps more, if they're hot.

That's too bad. Your school dropped at least 100 lbs of confetti for their basketball achievement this season.

Frazod 03-28-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8499712)
That's too bad. Your school dropped at least 100 lbs of confetti for their basketball achievement this season.

I like football. How much confetti did your football team drop over the past season?

Pitt Gorilla 03-28-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8499471)

Missouri won a basketball title this year, no?

Bambi 03-28-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8499730)
I like football. How much confetti did your football team drop over the past season?

There was no need. They're still cleaning it out from Miami.

Frazod 03-28-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8499740)
There was no need. They're still cleaning it out from Miami.

Have Lew's knees ever healed?

veist 03-28-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8499444)
It is kind of nice that Mizzou has a drum and a trophy from the last Big XII football game we ever played as well as a net and a trophy from the last Big XII basketball game we ever played.

Thanks for the lovely parting gifts.

Its okay, we found one we like better. http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/12/34/30.../7/628x471.jpg

Mr. Laz 03-28-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8499734)
Missouri won a basketball tournament this year, no?

FYP

KU won the conference

Pitt Gorilla 03-28-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8499801)
FYP

KU won the regular season

FYP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ons#Basketball

Pants 03-28-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veist (Post 8499797)
Its okay, we found one we like better. http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/12/34/30.../7/628x471.jpg

This one is the best yet, but we already had a better one than MU. The one for the actual Conference championship. :D

Mr. Laz 03-28-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8499822)

Missouri has won the Big 12 tourney twice, never the conference title.

Number of men's basketball titles by school

Kansas: 20 (12 regular-season, 8 tournament)
Oklahoma: 4 (1 regular-season, 3 tournament)
Iowa State: 3 (2 regular-season, 1 tournament)
Oklahoma State: 3 (1 regular-season, 2 tournament)
Texas: 3 (3 regular-season, 0 tournament)
Missouri: 1 (0 regular-season, 2 tournament)
Baylor: 0
Colorado: 0
Kansas State: 0
Nebraska: 0
Texas A&M: 0
Texas Tech: 0

Pasta Little Brioni 03-28-2012 05:02 PM

....and magically becomes a B-ball thread JFC

Mr. Laz 03-28-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8499883)
....and magically becomes a B-ball thread JFC

still just a smack talking thread ... what did you expect.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-28-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8499889)
still just a smack talking thread ... what did you expect.

:hmmm: More whack-a-wicked

Bambi 03-28-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8499850)

oh shit. you broke out the red-bold text.

Mr. Laz 03-28-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 8499934)
I'm sure I'm not the only person who sees the error here....

you mean where they haven't updated the MU total from 1 to 2 because of the tourney they just won?

Pasta Little Brioni 03-28-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 8499954)
No....where you could have fixed the error yourself.

But don't let accuracy stand in the way of making your point countless times.

Accuracy, like adding in extra "titles" for the ole pilchicken?

Mr. Laz 03-28-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 8499954)
No....where you could have fixed the error yourself.

But don't let accuracy stand in the way of making your point countless times.

i copied it directly from Pitt Gorilla's link, not my link.

and the mistake changes NOTHING about issue being discussed, not winning a season title.

the 2 tourney wins are listed, they just aren't totaled correctly.

the only thing it effects is your butthurt

Titty Meat 03-28-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8499850)

If a school has won a NIT does that mean they've won more than Mizzou?

HemiEd 03-28-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 8500313)
Nah...I laugh at all the bickering back and forth. And even more hilarious is the one-key piano that some of the JayHawk clan are playing with the "butthurt" comments.

You would think that for a bunch of fans who pride themselves on being original you could come up with a little more diversity in your insults.

Or at least move on...

Hey frett not, the girls softball season is getting ready to ramp up.

Mr. Laz 03-28-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8500393)
If a school has won a NIT does that mean they've won more than Mizzou?

LMAO

RealSNR 03-29-2012 01:25 AM

This thread is great. Why didn't I post in it sooner?

notorious 03-29-2012 06:54 AM

Why is an SEC and Big 12 school bickering with each other during the off-seasons?

Mr_Tomahawk 03-29-2012 07:15 AM

I could give a shit about the SEC or BIGXII.

I don't cheer for an entire conference...I cheer for A team.

Whatever conference they play in, I will still cheer for them...

All that matters now is that my team is in the final four.

Bambi 03-29-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8500965)
I could give a shit about the SEC or BIGXII.

I don't cheer for an entire conference...I cheer for A team.

Whatever conference they play in, I will still cheer for them...

All that matters now is that my team is in the final four.

Cheering for a conference is something new that was developed by the shitty SEC teams.

Clay Travis is the best example of this. He's a Tennessee fan so to make himself feel better he goes around touting the SEC when in fact all the big SEC teams laugh at their little brothers right in their face.

What can you do?

Saul Good 03-29-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8501833)
Cheering for a conference is something new that was developed by the shitty SEC teams.

Clay Travis is the best example of this. He's a Tennessee fan so to make himself feel better he goes around touting the SEC when in fact all the big SEC teams laugh at their little brothers right in their face.

What can you do?

The first time I ever heard the S-E-C chant was at the Sugar Bowl 3 years ago. I watched Tebow's Gators destroy Cincy in Tim's last game. I was there for the Bearcats, but I was more of a neutral observer.

Pretty sure that Tebow and the Gators weren't anyone's little brothers.

HemiEd 03-29-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 8500465)
Is that your next insult....c'mon Ed you're better than that.

I like softball, and I like tacos. :D

DaKCMan AP 03-29-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8501833)

False.

Pitt Gorilla 04-02-2012 09:55 PM

Just saw this on Facebook: TJ Moe's helmet.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...98120576_n.jpg

Al Bundy 04-02-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8501936)
False.

He is football clueless.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-02-2012 10:01 PM

The conference is on one hell of a run.

Bambi 04-02-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8513803)
The conference is on one hell of a run.

For some schools.

ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni 04-02-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8513834)
For some schools.

ROFL

S E C fever...catch it!!!

Bambi 04-02-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8513856)
S E C fever...catch it!!!

Knock yourself out.

I'm exhausted from all the winning honestly.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-02-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8513866)
Knock yourself out.

I'm exhausted from all the winning honestly.

Being the Bridesmaid is an exhausting role to play I reckon.

Bambi 04-02-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8513868)
Being the Bridesmaid is an exhausting role to play I reckon.

You and Clay Travis will get along just fine.

Come talk to me when you actually matter.

ROFL

WilliamTheIrish 04-02-2012 10:14 PM

I didn't hear any SEC! chants in the dome tonight.

Saul Good 04-02-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 8513878)

I'm pretty sure Kentucky chanted it at least 3 or 4 times.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-02-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8513875)
You and Clay Travis will get along just fine.

Come talk to me when you actually matter.

ROFL

I have no idea who that is and talk to me when you arent < Cassel

ArrowheadMagic 04-02-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8513890)

No they didnt. Stop trying to validate the next conference you wont win anything in.

Mr. Plow 04-02-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8513890)

Jesus, hopefully not. That would be weird. Why would you chant a conference?

Bambi 04-02-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 8513878)

Alabama, Kentucky, LSU etc dont chant SEC...

Thats usually done by schools that never win anything.

just sayin

Bambi 04-02-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 8513901)
No they didnt. Stop trying to validate the next conference you wont win anything in.

lol, pwnt