ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars Rogue One Spoiler Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=298696)

DaneMcCloud 06-05-2016 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12260918)
Well this is weird. I must have watched this thing 6 times last night, and it is way too polished to be a fan fake.

I can't find it now.

It starts off with a schematic of the death star and communications between rebels chattering in the back ground.

It reveals Vader walking like a badass, leading troopers and a commander, then it has a graphic of the original, cheesmo holo-death star that was generated on Yavin base.

Last shot is Vader from behind, looking at what I assume is a ship taking off.

Interesting. I knew that Vader was to be shown as a badass in this film and according to one recent report, it was far too graphic for the Disney brass, so they're "lightening" up that scene.

From my point of view, everything changed after the massive success of TFA. The idea of the Anthologies/Star Wars stories was they'd be much different than the Episodes. Different feel, different vibe. R1 was supposed to be a war movie and it sounds like Edwards delivered.

Bob Iger and Alan Horn changed the trajectory after TFA, making unlikely that future directors and movies will be allowed to veer of the proven course.

DaneMcCloud 06-05-2016 11:57 AM

Also, even though this is a spoiler thread, I'm putting this in spoiler tags because if true, changes the dynamic somewhat of ANH.

Spoiler!

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-05-2016 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12260965)
Also, even though this is a spoiler thread, I'm putting this in spoiler tags because if true, changes the dynamic somewhat of ANH.

Spoiler!

SWEET!

Bowser 06-05-2016 12:17 PM

Awesome!

Good thing Vader said "...a presence I haven't felt since....", and left that ambiguous, eh?

DaneMcCloud 06-05-2016 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12261005)
Awesome!

Good thing Vader said "...a presence I haven't felt since....", and left that ambiguous, eh?

I've always thought that to mean Luke, even though he later says "HE is here".

Bowser 06-05-2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12261006)
I've always thought that to mean Luke, even though he later says "HE is here".

I never thought he meant Luke, but now that you mention it maybe the two of them together made him feel something from when Luke was born (Obi-Wan was there for the birth)....

In hindsight one thing that bugged me was when Luke was on his torpedo run and Vader finally had him locked in that Vader could tell the "the Force was strong with this one", but couldn't recognize his own son? I know that's nitpicky, but I always thought of that after the big reveal in Empire.

keg in kc 06-05-2016 12:38 PM

I've always interpreted that line as being a reference to obi-wan. Vader has no idea about Luke (or Leia, obviously) being his offspring at that point. He recognizes the presence of his old master. Luke at that point is barely even aware of the force. It takes Ben's death for Luke to really begin to take that next step as a force sensitive. He's not even a blip on anybody's radar prior to the deathstar run, the first time Vader senses him (and I think still has no idea of their relationship).

The thing that's never made sense to me is leaving Luke with the Skywalker name. Once it gets out who destroyed the deathstar, Vader wouldn't even need the force to connect the dots. 'Hey that kid who's about the right age has my old last name. Hmm.' Good work there, rebel conspirators.

DaneMcCloud 06-05-2016 12:49 PM

Anakin felt Padme and his child's presence on Mustafar, before his fight with Obi Wan.

After surgery, he says "She was alive. I FELT her" before Sidious lies and tells him that he killed her.

While it seems obvious that Vader was referring to Obi Wan, I've always interpreted that scene to be about Luke.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-05-2016 02:48 PM

Things could change, but every bit of side-filler in existence between IV and V continuously points to Vader not having even a marginal clue that "the young rebel who destroyed the death star" is his son Luke at the time of Epi IV.

Hammock Parties 06-05-2016 03:17 PM

Lucas himself didn't know Vader was Luke's father so that line is clearly talking about Obi-Wan.

Kiimo 06-06-2016 05:45 PM

No you're thinking he didn't know Leia was Luke's sister.

Vader always was going to be Luke's father. Vader MEANS father.

DaneMcCloud 06-06-2016 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 12263271)
No you're thinking he didn't know Leia was Luke's sister.

Vader always was going to be Luke's father. Vader MEANS father.

Darth Vader literally means Dark Father

Fire Me Boy! 06-06-2016 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12263273)
Darth Vader literally means Dark Father

Thanks, Becca.

DaneMcCloud 06-06-2016 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12263323)
Thanks, Becca.

LMAO

BigBeauford 06-08-2016 01:58 PM

On phone, and don't know how to embed, but check this out...

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/r...-in/#gallery-1

New director? 50% reshoots? Holy shit.....if true.