ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Did Tony Stewart Kill Someone Tonight? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285597)

Sure-Oz 08-10-2014 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeingRed (Post 10807350)

Bad look if NASCAR let's it happen

TLO 08-10-2014 08:10 AM

"Business as usual"

Coochie liquor 08-10-2014 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10807361)
Bad look if NASCAR let's it happen

Think of the ratings.

/Nascar

stumppy 08-10-2014 08:22 AM

Getting out of your car on the race track is plain stupid.

The officials always told us to never get out of the car at the pre race safety meetings.

Like I said before I'll bet stewart meant to throw dirt on him but gassed the car a split second too early.

SeeingRed 08-10-2014 08:22 AM

Now on espn they just reported Tony will not race today out of respect

Coochie liquor 08-10-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeingRed (Post 10807385)
Now on espn they just reported Tony will not race today out of respect

Followed by 10 more hours of Johnny Manziel highlights.

Red Dawg 08-10-2014 08:34 AM

Let's bring him in for look.

RNR 08-10-2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 10807330)
I don't have a dog in this fight either way but looking at the video, it does look like he tried to avoid him.

NSFW

http://deadspin.com/reports-tony-ste...ing-1618893708

I have watched it and the engine rev is odd as it is at contact. There doesn’t appear to be any attempt to avoid. I would like to see the view Stewart had. There is a car in front of him that swerves. Things look much slower on TV than they are in real life. The engine rev could have been a panic reaction simply hitting the wrong peddle. Also the track is poorly lit and the kid was wearing a dark fire suit. Having a person walking in the middle of the track is not something someone would expect. It is common for drivers to show outrage by throwing their helmet or waving their arms from the edge of the track.

I have never seen a driver walk into traffic. He was a young guy 17 years old I believe. He made a very foolish decision with tragic results. I have a very hard time believing Stewart ran him over on purpose. Then again I do not know him personally and recall thinking OJ seemed like a nice guy from his TV image. Yelling at reporters and having a temper is a far cry from being capable of murder. It is a sad day in racing and rather it was intended or not the result is the death of a young man. I would like to think it was an accident and time will tell~

Bufkin 08-10-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 10807402)
I have watched it and the engine rev is odd as it is at contact. There doesn’t appear to be any attempt to avoid. I would like to see the view Stewart had. There is a car in front of him that swerves. Things look much slower on TV than they are in real life. The engine rev could have been a panic reaction simply hitting the wrong peddle. Also the track is poorly lit and the kid was wearing a dark fire suit. Having a person walking in the middle of the track is not something someone would expect. It is common for drivers to show outrage by throwing their helmet or waving their arms from the edge of the track.

I have never seen a driver walk into traffic. He was a young guy 17 years old I believe. He made a very foolish decision with tragic results. I have a very hard time believing Stewart ran him over on purpose. Then again I do not know him personally and recall thinking OJ seemed like a nice guy from his TV image. Yelling at reporters and having a temper is a far cry from being capable of murder. It is a sad day in racing and rather it was intended or not the result is the death of a young man. I would like to think it was an accident and time will tell~

Obviously I'm not going to read all of this, but I did notice that you said the kid was 17. A swing and a miss.

milkman 08-10-2014 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Fisher (Post 10807406)
Obviously I'm not going to read all of this, but I did notice that you said the kid was 17. A swing and a miss.

You are as adept at reading as your namesake is at blocking.

Coochie liquor 08-10-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10807408)
You are as adept at reading as your namesake is at blocking.

Run blocking, or pass blocking??

RNR 08-10-2014 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Fisher (Post 10807406)

I read somewhere he was 17, I just checked and another article lists him at 20. Does this lessen the tragedy in your eyes? You are an odd one~

milkman 08-10-2014 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 10807415)
Run blocking, or pass blocking??

That's my point.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08-10-2014 08:48 AM

Every day is a sad day in racing.

Coochie liquor 08-10-2014 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10807419)
That's my point.

Lmao, nice!