ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Iron Man 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260112)

silver5liter 05-05-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9658811)
Didn't Favre not direct this one due to differences with Marvel? I dont remember if he directed Iron Man 2 or not.

Iron Man 1 easily the best and Avengers is up there with it as far as iron man movies

He directed 1 and 2. 2 was real cheesy, it was time to move on.

NewChief 05-05-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9658789)

My buddy thought it ripped off Batman pretty hard. He was kind of disappointed.

Spoiler!

I haven't seen the movie, but that's a pretty weak criticism as the whole "lose power/symbolically die, journey to find oneself, reborn into greater power, redemption" story arc is archetypal stuff. I mean, that storyline is embedded in our DNA.

silver5liter 05-05-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9658789)

My buddy thought it ripped off Batman pretty hard. He was kind of disappointed.

Spoiler!

I've seen both, thats a pretty big freaking stretch lol

Deberg_1990 05-05-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Didn't Favre not direct this one due to differences with Marvel? I dont remember if he directed Iron Man 2 or not.

Iron Man 1 easily the best and Avengers is up there with it as far as iron man movies

I'm not sure what happened with Faveru? But it was probably over money. I'll bet Black came cheaper. I give Faveau all the credit in the world for setting the right tone and creating the world right, but as an action director he's just kinda meh.

I thought this one created a better self contained, complete story than any of them.

Buehler445 05-05-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9658818)
I haven't seen the movie, but that's a pretty weak criticism as the whole "lose power/symbolically die, journey to find oneself, reborn into greater power, redemption" story arc is archetypal stuff. I mean, that storyline is embedded in our DNA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9658823)

That's what I thought too. I was just passing on his take that I hadn't thought of.

Rausch 05-05-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

He finished his deal with Wrangler and left it at that...

Deberg_1990 05-05-2013 11:42 AM

So a couple of questions for the nerds...

Watched some of IM 1 last night...and noticed the terrorists symbols were the same ones used by the Manderin in his broadcasts. What's the significance?

What is AIM? My son noticed it in the movie and said its in the Avengers cartoons he watches.

Aries Walker 05-05-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9658823)

Oh, no it isn't. The whole
Spoiler!

Rausch 05-05-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9658818)

The standard line is: Man against Man, Man against Nature and Man against Self.

All tales begin and end there.

Aries Walker 05-05-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9658986)
So a couple of questions for the nerds...

Watched some of IM 1 last night...and noticed the terrorists symbols were the same ones used by the Manderin in his broadcasts. What's the significance?

What is AIM? My son noticed it in the movie and said its in the Avengers cartoons he watches.

In the comics, it's essentially the R&D division of HYDRA, responsible for creating a lot of monsters and supervillains and such, with more often than not your standard comic-book goal of taking over the world. In the movie, they really just name-dropped it as Killian's company.

Sure-Oz 05-05-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9658878)
I'm not sure what happened with Faveru? But it was probably over money. I'll bet Black came cheaper. I give Faveau all the credit in the world for setting the right tone and creating the world right, but as an action director he's just kinda meh.

I thought this one created a better self contained, complete story than any of them.

Action was crazy but it was like TDK in a sense that it was much less iron man

I still enjoyed it more than the 2nd one which almost seems forgettable at this point

Deberg_1990 05-05-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9659156)
Action was crazy but it was like TDK in a sense that it was much less iron man

I still enjoyed it more than the 2nd one which almost seems forgettable at this point

Heh, yea...I kinda admired the creative ways they kept keeping him out of the suit. Understand why a lot of hardcore comic geeks might not have liked it, but overall I liked how they tried to do something different than the standard comic hero thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure-Oz 05-05-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9659281)
Heh, yea...I kinda admired the creative ways they kept keeping him out of the suit. Understand why a lot of hardcore comic geeks might not have liked it, but overall I liked how they tried to do something different than the standard comic hero thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Makes me wonder if they'll make another IM movie or do another Avengers

bowener 05-05-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9659321)
Makes me wonder if they'll make another IM movie or do another Avengers

You're kidding right? They have already started working on Avengers 2 scripts, and at the end of IM3 it said Tony Stark would be back.

siberian khatru 05-05-2013 05:18 PM

Saw it today. Liked it a lot. Thought it was VERY funny.