ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jets have traded fourth-round pick for Tim Tebow. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257607)

htismaqe 03-27-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8496029)
The people not the person

You called him a "clown" did you not?

htismaqe 03-27-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8496031)
Yet, was replaced and cast away to be a gadget player.

Replaced by the only 4-time MVP in the history of the league.

And he'll be a gadget player for about 4 or 5 weeks, just long enough to supplant the "clown" currently playing QB for the J-E-T-S Jets.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-27-2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8496039)
You called him a "clown" did you not?

He does bring the circus.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-27-2012 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8496040)
Replaced by the only 4-time MVP in the history of the league.

And he'll be a gadget player for about 4 or 5 weeks, just long enough to supplant the "clown" currently playing QB for the J-E-T-S Jets.

A 4 time MVP coming off neck surgery with cryptkeeper arms.Teams don't trade away young QBs for 4th round picks if they have confidence they can lead thier team to a championship. They let them play and develop.

htismaqe 03-27-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8496042)
He does bring the circus.

I know he does.

I just don't get the ire that comes with it. He's NEVER asked for this. It's 100% media-created.

htismaqe 03-27-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8496045)
A 4 time MVP coming off neck surgery with cryptkeeper arms.Teams don't trade away young QBs for 4th round picks if they have confidence they can lead thier team to a championship. They let them play and develop.

Not if they have a personal beef with said player, they don't.

Mile High Mania 03-27-2012 07:59 AM

There's obviously a tremendous amount of attention paid to him that he hasn't asked for... he does do things to bring attention, but it's not a negative drive on his part.

Ownership asked him to participate in this press conference. As mentioned prevoiusly, he won - he's a big draw - people love and hate him equally. Tebow is a 'good guy' and he's potentially going to be involved in a significant part of their offense.

Sanchez is the starter - part of this move was to utilize the skills that Tebow has to diversify their offense and win. Part of it was also to light a fire under Sanchez. Sanchez has had success - but he's not a leader... yet. Ryan and the defense are the face of this team, they are what turned this team around and produced wins and playoff success early in Sanchez's career.

It's time for Sanchez to take that next step... they're paying him good money and competition isn't a bad thing. If Sanchez can't survive Tebowmania, then it's on him. All he has to do is perform and Tebow will never have the opportunity to take the job from him.

There's absolutely a place for Tebow on most teams in the NFL... can he be the starter? Possibly, but he'll have to earn it.

Tebow is a quality person with many things that you cannot coach or instill into a player... he's a natural leader. Sure, this will be a circus, but Ryan can handle that part of the game.

Hammock Parties 03-27-2012 12:03 PM

Hahahahaha.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...#ixzz1q9vWBhNy

Quote:

“I’ve talked to John Elway several times about him, I told him you got all these guys working with him but trust me, they’re on the wrong path,’’ the source, a former NFL coach, told The Post. “His biggest problem is he carries the ball too high, when he carries the ball high on the back shoulder he has a long release, which means when he cocks the ball and throws it that ball is moving a lot, which is not going to help his accuracy, it’s going to hurt it. Nobody’s corrected that in him.

“And he’s got a loose wrist, when he comes back with his wrist the ball is moving all over the place. You watch that ball, the nose is forward and then it’s sideways and then it’s up and it’s down, you can’t throw the ball that way. It’s correctable.’’

The awkward throwing motion is not the only issue with Tebow, who starred in college at Florida using his formidable athletic gifts and the superior talents of those around him.

“The guy is not the sharpest tool in the shed,’’ the source said. “He’s a great leader, 10 out of 10 as a leader, energy, work ethic, everything you want in a quarterback but he doesn’t see the field.

“It’s hard for him to go back and think a progression through: If this is the coverage go to this guy, if this is the coverage go to that guy. He doesn’t do that very well. That’s the difference with college football and pro football. It’s so much more sophisticated and he’s limited that way.’’

Used strictly for a handful of plays in the Wildcat offense, Tebow can excel — as long as the package of plays remains small and limited in scope.

“If you practice them all the time you can get good at ’em,’’ the source said. “Where you get the upper hand is the defense has played eight games and they haven’t seen the Wildcat yet. They’ve got to use a number of plays on their practice schedule that week to the Wildcat and they may see a lot of it and they may not see it at all. But this isn’t some offense that can’t be stopped.’’

vailpass 03-27-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8496048)
I know he does.

I just don't get the ire that comes with it. He's NEVER asked for this. It's 100% media-created.

Yep. I guess people love to hate their betters.

Hammock Parties 03-27-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

I know he does.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...98332937_n.jpg

Mile High Mania 03-27-2012 12:55 PM

That's such a tired and lame picture...

htismaqe 03-27-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8496891)
That's such a tired and lame picture...

Exactly. I'm sure he went over to all those camera men and said "hey! hey! come over here and take pictures of me praying."

:rolleyes:

Mile High Mania 03-27-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8497052)
Exactly. I'm sure he went over to all those camera men and said "hey! hey! come over here and take pictures of me praying."

:rolleyes:

Agreed - He's done it forever and the spotlight of the NFL magnifies things so much... had they been losing, they wouldn't have focused on him every time he did it.

Chiefnj2 03-27-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

I know he does.

He's certainly playing into it in NY.

The Jets love any attention they can get and take away from their Super Bowl winning neighbors, but Tebow knows that it is extremely unusual for backup QB's to come in on their own private jets and hold huge press conferences.

Brock 03-27-2012 02:21 PM

Are people really trying to argue Tebow isn't an attention whore? ROFL