ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Guild Wars 2 updates (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=229381)

Setsuna 08-23-2012 12:26 AM

Damn...I have to wait till next paycheck, if that. Till then I'll play Dragon Nest.

chasedude 08-23-2012 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8841735)
Not sure what the problem is then.. my processor and graphics card are twice as good.. are you running ultra high settings w/ supersampling? Im maxed out nearly all the time except in WvW fighting at walls with 100+ people running around and all the physics that go with it. Should still be maxed out in my mind. Maybe its the drivers.

As for head start, be at your computer at 11pm CST friday night if you want to get in and get your name reserved, Headstart was originally slated for 2am CST but they mentioned that they may open it up 3 hours prior at 11pm. gogogogo!

I've got some great names I don't wanna lose so I'm filling up my slots with my 5 top professions I've decided on. I know I'll end up buying more slots plus many other things later down the line. I always have one of each profession.

I'm turning my phone off and locking the door. Wish I could talk the pharmacy I work for into a couple Adderall LMAO.

chasedude 08-23-2012 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8843274)
Hmmmm...how much is it out of the gate? $60?

60 bucks and out. No monthly fees, what could be better other than free?

chasedude 08-23-2012 03:51 AM

Just updated OP with thread info. I think adding account/toon names (after creation of course) would be a good idea.

Any objections???

pr_capone 08-23-2012 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8841735)
Not sure what the problem is then.. my processor and graphics card are twice as good.. are you running ultra high settings w/ supersampling? Im maxed out nearly all the time except in WvW fighting at walls with 100+ people running around and all the physics that go with it. Should still be maxed out in my mind. Maybe its the drivers.

I'll report back when we can get in. That said... I have nearly talked myself into picking up a second card and xfire'ing it. The CPU is not a bottle neck for either of us. Then mine will be twice as good as yours. nlm

I ran Shift 2 with AA on and everything maxed and was running 33 FPS on a single card that has been mildly overclocked.

chasedude 08-23-2012 04:54 AM

I'm jealous. I'm running a dual core athlon 2.8 mhz, nvidia 9600 gt, 150 gig raptor w/ 8g of memory. All displayed on a 19" LCD.

Been a couple years since I built me a new system, yup it's time.

I've always been a loyal AMD user but I think Intel is cleaning up the market. I'm switching, bye bye AMD.

AndChiefs 08-23-2012 06:43 AM

What's the deal with this "headstart" that's been mentioned a couple times?

Javabean 08-23-2012 06:51 AM

From the FAQ:

Quote:

Headstart Access will begin for those who pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 three days before release, on August 25, 2012. Headstart Access will begin on August 27, 2012, for those who pre-ordered the game.
It just means you get to start playing early if you pre-purchase or pre-order. Otherwise, you have to wait until the August 28 release date to start playing.

chasedude 08-23-2012 07:31 AM

Anyone else buy the CE version and did you get your "practice CE" items on one of the stress tests?

Got a 1000pt influence bonus for the guild, 3000pvp pts, a miniture, and nice trophey apparel item with stats across the board and an instance access to storage.

With all the time I pull in GW1 to complete my Hall of Monuments along with the CE bonus's, I'm gonna be loaded right out of the gate.

AndChiefs 08-23-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javabean (Post 8843886)
From the FAQ:

It just means you get to start playing early if you pre-purchase or pre-order. Otherwise, you have to wait until the August 28 release date to start playing.

Thanks. So if I do get it I should make sure to pre-order in the next couple days.

Valiant 08-23-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8844077)
Thanks. So if I do get it I should make sure to pre-order in the next couple days.

Just buy digital download tonight and hope it lets you in tomorrow.

hometeam 08-23-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8843802)
I'll report back when we can get in. That said... I have nearly talked myself into picking up a second card and xfire'ing it. The CPU is not a bottle neck for either of us. Then mine will be twice as good as yours. nlm

I ran Shift 2 with AA on and everything maxed and was running 33 FPS on a single card that has been mildly overclocked.

I actually have the money sitting in my paypal to order my second gtx 670 for SLI but they are out of stock on newegg.

I did however see on the official arenanet post about graphics cards that ATI cards in general where getting better framerates as compared to the nvidia counterparts of similar 'power' . Im sure it has to do with exactly how the graphics are being handled. Either way im || this close to pulling the trigger on my 2nd 670, or my 120hz monitor. Decisions decisions.

As for headstart. My vacation starts when I leave work tonight, and goes until wed. SO I have all day tommorrow to get ready, sleep, then get up and play all night, and for the next few days. Im gonna stock up on foods and drinks and not come out until the sun burns me like a vampire~

YAKS BEND PEOPLE!

On the topic of names/account names, I am more than willing to share mine once the game gets going.

hometeam 08-23-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8844196)
Just buy digital download tonight and hope it lets you in tomorrow.

If you buy the digital download you will be eligible for headstart.. you still have about 36 hours! GOGOGO

hometeam 08-23-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8843921)
Anyone else buy the CE version and did you get your "practice CE" items on one of the stress tests?

Got a 1000pt influence bonus for the guild, 3000pvp pts, a miniture, and nice trophey apparel item with stats across the board and an instance access to storage.

With all the time I pull in GW1 to complete my Hall of Monuments along with the CE bonus's, I'm gonna be loaded right out of the gate.

I just got the regular digital download pre-purchase, but it did come with a single item, and everyone recieved any pre-order items during the 1 hour stress test yesterday, as well as the previous 4 hour one on tuesday. They are pretty much ready to rock. RUmor is that yesterdays stress test was very close to the final build since all of the areas where actually open instead of cordoned off.

pr_capone 08-23-2012 03:23 PM

was just in the stress test. pulling 33 FPS on average. I really need that second card me thinks.