ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports The LAC Lake Show Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=173841)

L.A. Chieffan 05-17-2009 07:27 PM

lakers have no heart. **** em

Buck 05-18-2009 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 5773302)
I just hope Bynum keeps the confidence. Looks like his knee is feeling better now. He at times was getting up for the big rebound and even diving on the floor for it. Good to see he's starting to trust his knee. If he plays like he played today. Lakers are in GOOD GOOD shape.

I think the Lakers winning the Championship depends on how well Bynum and Gasol play.

If we don't have an inside game, no chance.

TEX 05-18-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 5767510)
LMAO Houston's second string takes Phil and the boys to a game 7

Exactly. Took 7 games... No other team in the NBA could have lost so much and made it as far. Congrats ROCKETS on a outstanding season!

Buck 05-18-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 5774079)
Exactly. Took 7 games... No other team in the NBA could have lost so much and made it as far. Congrats ROCKETS on a outstanding season!

One thing that bugged me about the announcing that went on in this series.

When the Lakers were down big to the Rockets in game 4, and cut the lead to 12, it was just "garbage time".

When the Lakers destroyed the Rockets in game 5, and the final score was a 40 point margin, the Rockets were "resilient"

TEX 05-18-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediaCenterJunkie (Post 5774090)

When the Lakers were down big to the Rockets in game 4, and cut the lead to 12, it was just "garbage time".

When the Lakers destroyed the Rockets in game 5, and the final score was a 40 point margin, the Rockets were "resilient"

But either way they spewed it, the bottom line was a delpeated Rockets team gave them all they could handle, and forced a Game 7.

vailpass 05-18-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediaCenterJunkie (Post 5774090)

Houston was playing without their front line and were gutsy as hell. IIRC they didn't have a guy over 6'6". If LA had any heart (or MJ) that series wouldn't have gone past game 5.

Buck 05-18-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 5774145)
Houston was playing without their front line and were gutsy as hell. They didn't have a guy over 6'6". If LA had any heart (or MJ) that series wouldn't have gone past game 5.

Wow. I really cant wait until we send Denver packing.

vailpass 05-18-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediaCenterJunkie (Post 5774148)

You play for the Lakers? What number are you? Tell Phil he's looking bloated these days.

Buck 05-18-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 5774153)
You play for the Lakers? What number are you? Tell Phil he's looking bloated these days.

Like you've never referred to your favorite sports team as "we".

Give me a break.

vailpass 05-18-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediaCenterJunkie (Post 5774185)
Like you've never referred to your favorite sports team as "we".

Give me a break.

Could you also tell that dinosaur Jack Nicholson and the goofy ass fossil in white sunglasses that sits next to him that their act is tired?
Has Kobe ever told you how Shaq's ass tastes?
When you guys are at practice do you ever tease Bynum for being soft?

TEX 05-18-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediaCenterJunkie (Post 5774148)

I don't think LA wins this series. The Nuggets are peaking at the right time, and they play a physical game. LA has the size, but their front court often plays smaller than it is. The Rockets showed that LA can be beaten soundly. They're not the super team that can just show up and beat you, like everyone was saying before the playoffs.

PunkinDrublic 05-18-2009 12:13 PM

I usually don't root for the lakers but my hatred for the thuggets compels me to do so. I saw a fan holding a sign proclaiming the birdman as the Colorado state bird. I couldn't agree more since the fauxhawk is the unoffical douchebag haircut and Denver fans are douchebags.

88TG88 05-19-2009 09:47 PM

COME GET SOME !!!!!!1!!

L.A. Chieffan 05-19-2009 11:59 PM

NO HEART PUSSY LAKERS

kcxiv 05-20-2009 12:15 AM

Ariza played like shit in the first half, then i dunno, but he was into it the 2nd half and stepped it up. THink he just had to figure out their gameplan and what they wanted to do.

Ariza is HUGE for the Lakers. He's been a clutch 3 point shooter. He's just been knocking them down. I dont cringe anymor3e when he shoots it. I expect it to go in now. So awesome. That steal at the end of the game was just the Cobra striking.