ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2014 AL Champion Royals Off-season Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288241)

penbrook 11-12-2014 10:32 PM

In 3 minor-league seasons, newest #BlueJays prospect Devon Travis has a .323 AVG with a .388 OBP along with 41 stolen bases.

alnorth 11-12-2014 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 11107174)
Tigers trade their best prospect for a platoon cf that can't hit. Dumbasses. @MLBRosterMoves: The @BlueJays acquire 2B Devon Travis from @tigers for OF Anthony Gose.

My first reaction: who?

My first action: look these guys up

My second reaction: This is a terrible trade, I mean, comically terrible. Gose isn't even good, you can pick someone like that guy up for next to nothing

My second action: Verify this. Maybe Sure-Oz got taken in by a scam or something, this isn't real.

My third reaction: OK, real media are reporting this.... am I missing something?

My third action: Look these guys up again, and this time carefully. I'm probably missing something.

My fourth reaction: Holy ****ing shit this is bad. What the hell? OMG, Why did the Tigers do this, this is hilarious! HAHAHAHA! This is one of the worst trades in the offseason, and the team we are competing against did it!

My fourth action: post this reply to Chiefsplanet.

alnorth 11-12-2014 11:05 PM

As noted in my spreadsheet (those 2 players were obvious, no calculation necessary to predict), MLB has now officially designated both Kelvin Herrera and Louis Coleman as "Super Two" players, and they are both eligible for arbitration a year earlier than normal.

Prison Bitch 11-12-2014 11:15 PM

Kinsler is their 2B for the next few years so why would they keep this guy?

KevB 11-12-2014 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 11107239)
Kinsler is their 2B for the next few years so why would they keep this guy?

Well, Kinsler may not stay at 2nd. Or more relevantly --- Anthony Gose isn't the only player in baseball you could trade Devon Travis for. Shit, if you're a Tigers fan and you realize they're going to trade a premium prospect ..... go get f'ing bullpen help.

penbrook 11-12-2014 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 11107252)
Well, Kinsler may not stay at 2nd. Or more relevantly --- Anthony Gose isn't the only player in baseball you could trade Devon Travis for. Shit, if you're a Tigers fan and you realize they're going to trade a premium prospect ..... go get f'ing bullpen help.

Dombrowski said Soroa will pitch 8th and Nathan will pitch the 9th

duncan_idaho 11-12-2014 11:55 PM

The Tigers must REALLY believe Anthony Gose is going to hit...

because they basically just traded a good young 2B prospect whose upside is Howie Kendrick-ish for Jarrod Dyson.

It's a weird place to go with the one trading chip of decent appeal that he Dombrowski had available.

But I like it.

Wilson8 11-13-2014 06:22 AM

From KC Star…

Quote:

During the past three days here, general manager Dayton Moore and his cohorts conducted a flurry of meetings with agents and held a bevy of discussions with opposing clubs. This event allows teams to set their agendas for the winter. Moore continues to stress the importance of acquiring a starting pitcher, but the lineup still lacks a right fielder and a designated hitter.

“Right now, we’re focused on who the players are that make the most sense for us,” Moore said.

He added, “If they significantly upgrade our team, we’ll handle the financial aspect at the appropriate time.”

The team’s payroll is expected to surpass $100 million for the first time in franchise history. The Royals appear to possess the resources for one major expenditure. That player could be former Royal Ervin Santana. It could be Cabrera.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb...le3855792.html
$100 MM mark for KC in 2015.

Sure-Oz 11-13-2014 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11107202)

My second reaction: This is a terrible trade, I mean, comically terrible. Gose isn't even good, you can pick someone like that guy up for next to nothing

My second action: Verify this. Maybe Sure-Oz got taken in by a scam or something, this isn't real.

My third reaction: OK, real media are reporting this.... am I missing something?

My third action: Look these guys up again, and this time carefully. I'm probably missing something.

My fourth reaction: Holy ****ing shit this is bad. What the hell? OMG, Why did the Tigers do this, this is hilarious! HAHAHAHA! This is one of the worst trades in the offseason, and the team we are competing against did it!

I lol'ed at this post and trade

Great Expectations 11-13-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 11107293)
Dombrowski said Soroa will pitch 8th and Nathan will pitch the 9th

I hope you are correct.

Iowanian 11-13-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 11105901)
On the contrary, being cautious is precisely how we won. DM took a long range view thru the draft and built a great farm system that made up the bulk of our 2014 roster, and stood pat at the trade deadlines. And he won big

So, would you like to sit through another 10+ years of "caution" before seeing 75 wins again?

I look at it the way I play blackjack or poker. I'm more cautious and take less risk on my own money. When I'm playing on house money, I raise my bets and play more aggressively.

IMO, the Royals are playing on house money for the first time in a long time. They should have some additional cash they hadn't counted on as late as September. They've got momentum
and a better chance at drawing FA attention than in the past. I'm not saying 'be like the Yankees' but I am saying.....why not take a chance on getting better?

Pitt Gorilla 11-13-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 11107202)

My reaction: Couldn't the Royals have given up something similar for a prospect of that caliber?

WhawhaWhat 11-13-2014 01:38 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Royals?src=hash">#Royals</a> outfielder Alex Gordon and family will flip the switch for this years Plaza Lighting!!! Cant believe it&#39;s only 2 weeks away.</p>&mdash; Christa Dubill (@christadubill) <a href="https://twitter.com/christadubill/status/532962915934941184">November 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

siberian khatru 11-13-2014 02:11 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: Yasmani Tomas scheduled to fly to US tomorrow to meet with agent. Deal appears imminent, possibly by the weekend.</p>&mdash; Jorge Arangure (@jorgearangure) <a href="https://twitter.com/jorgearangure/status/532985685826097152">November 13, 2014</a></blockquote>

Sure-Oz 11-13-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 11108044)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: Yasmani Tomas scheduled to fly to US tomorrow to meet with agent. Deal appears imminent, possibly by the weekend.</p>— Jorge Arangure (@jorgearangure) <a href="https://twitter.com/jorgearangure/status/532985685826097152">November 13, 2014</a></blockquote>

Woah....was gmdm already there to visit his agent?