ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc I don't want to panic anyone, but Ebola may be coming to a town near you (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285305)

rabblerouser 10-13-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11010808)
not until recently and even then the screening process sounds pretty weak.

"Do you have a fever?"
"NO"
"Do you feel sick?"
"No"
"Have you been in contact with anyone with Ebola?"
"No"
"Ok, welcome to the U.S."

pathetic ... anyone coming to the U.S. who has visit Africe within the incubation time should be quarantined until proven they don't have it. Period.

Anyone brought to the U.S. for treatment should be taken to a isolated physicality that specializes in dealing with communicably diseases, not just sprinkled around the U.S. near their home town and near huge population centers.

This is not hair on fire panic talking ... it's common sense.

This idea that nobody will catch it in the U.S. has already turned out to be bullshit. I forget who said it but they INSISTED that there was absolutely no threat here in the U.S.

The people trying to play it off as media propaganda or panic by the small-minded are being naive or stupid.

The chance that even a small breakout could happen is simply not worth the risk.

I'm just saying, my chances of being beheaded or infected have increased exponentially over the past 6 years.

Rausch 10-13-2014 10:38 AM

Ebola isn't something you control.

It's something you quarantine...

Mr. Laz 10-13-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11009702)
I'm just saying...my chances of becoming infected or beheaded have increased exponentially over the last 6 years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11010817)
I'm just saying, my chances of being beheaded or infected have increased exponentially over the past 6 years.

You just Q'ed yourself, dumb ass.

people insisted that it was perfectly safe to bring Ebola into the U.S. because the united state is far too advanced to ever have it be a problem like a '3rd world shit hole like Africa'.

Well ... you were wrong.

But hey, don't let that stop your snarkey,asshole mouth from spouting off more bullshit that will turn out to be wrong.

Director of the CDC(or his boss) has screwed this up and should quit.

Donger 10-13-2014 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11010840)
people insisted that it was perfectly safe to bring Ebola into the U.S. because the united state is far too advanced to ever have it be a problem like a '3rd world shit hole like Africa'.

Well ... you were wrong.

I still insist that, and I'm right. You can tell because we don't have an outbreak here.

Rausch 10-13-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 11010844)
I still insist that, and I'm right. You can tell because we don't have an outbreak here.

Yet...

Skyy God 10-13-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11010808)
not until recently and even then the screening process sounds pretty weak.

"Do you have a fever?"
"NO"
"Do you feel sick?"
"No"
"Have you been in contact with anyone with Ebola?"
"No"
"Ok, welcome to the U.S."

pathetic ... anyone coming to the U.S. who has visited Africa within the incubation time should be quarantined until proven they don't have it. Period.

That's not the screening procedure, ftr.

Rausch 10-13-2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 11010856)
That's not the screening procedure, ftr.

No, they screen you for having a temperature and then ask those dumb ass questions...

Mr. Laz 10-13-2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

apparently they were going house-to-house to verify lack of contact with the nurse THAT CAUGHT EBOLA IN THE U.S. to make sure someone else hadn't caught it.

That is one small step from having an outbreak.

If that nurse had had a quickie with the mailman or something recently it could turn into an outbreak very quickly. Already closer than you thought it would ... but you keep splitting hairs to try to win the argument like you normally do.

Donger 10-13-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11010877)
apparently they were going house-to-house to verify lack of contact with the nurse THAT CAUGHT EBOLA IN THE U.S. to make sure someone else hadn't caught it.

That is one small step from having an outbreak.

If that nurse had had a quickie with the mailman or something recently it could turn into an outbreak very quickly. Already closer than you thought it would ... but you keep splitting hairs to try to win the argument like you normally do.

It wouldn't surprise me if we end up with a dozen or so cases here, sure.

Now, compare that with what you said above.

Mr. Laz 10-13-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11010862)
No, they screen you for having a temperature and then ask those dumb ass questions...

and you know that most people are going to lie about the questions.

they don't think they have it and don't want to be bothered

or

survival instinct kicks in and they think they have it but want to get into the U.S. for better treatment and don't give a shit about anything else

Mr. Laz 10-13-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 11010885)
It wouldn't surprise me if we end up with a dozen or so cases here, sure.

Now, compare that with what you said above.

so a dozen of cases and several deaths don't matter?

what if one of those cases/deaths is somebody you care about?

ThaVirus 10-13-2014 11:02 AM

"Survival instinct kicks in" LMAO

Calm your tits, Laz ROFL

Skyy God 10-13-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11010898)
"Survival instinct kicks in" LMAO

Calm your tits, Laz ROFL

Dude's in a soccer mom-esque tizzy..... appeals to calm, rational thought aren't going to work.

Eleazar 10-13-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

The fact that we don't have an outbreak at present does not mean we should forego common sense precautions.

Donger 10-13-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11010897)
so a dozen of cases and several deaths don't matter?

what if one of those cases/deaths is somebody you care about?

I didn't say it wouldn't "matter." I said that wouldn't be what you said is happening.