ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics The Android Tablet Watch Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243749)

kcxiv 01-31-2012 10:47 PM

Got. A fire today love it so far. Posting from it now.

KCFalcon59 01-31-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 8340177)
Got. A fire today love it so far. Posting from it now.

Same here. Got mine yesterday and I like it a lot. Perfect for next to my bed. Had a few gift cards and got it for half price. Sweet.

kcxiv 02-01-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFalcon59 (Post 8340283)
Same here. Got mine yesterday and I like it a lot. Perfect for next to my bed. Had a few gift cards and got it for half price. Sweet.

Now I need a usb cable.for this. Didn't come with one.

WoodDraw 02-01-2012 10:14 PM

I really don't like how Amazon is trying to split the Android market. Some of it comes from Google ****ing up, and some of it comes from content providers being cavemen, but it worries me. Especially if they continue to subsidize prices. Hopefully the competition leads to Google releasing a well made Nexus tablet though. Because it's needed.

Over the past month or so, I've been able to spend a lot of time with and iPad 2, Prime, and Fire. The iPad is easily the best device, although it has issues that drive me crazy (for a company as obsessed with experience, I can't understand how they've made it so hard to switch between applications). The Fire is the worst. But it does what it does well enough. It's just not a true "tablet", in the sense of Google and Apple. The Prime is also very nice, at least with ICS. Still would never recommend it to a basic user over the iPad though.

DaFace 02-01-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 8340354)

Really? My wife's had one of those adapters that's just a plug for a usb cable to charge it. So you just unplug it from the adapter and into the computer and you're good to go.

kcxiv 02-02-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8342508)
Really? My wife's had one of those adapters that's just a plug for a usb cable to charge it. So you just unplug it from the adapter and into the computer and you're good to go.

I cant its a wall only cable on this one. I bought the adapted for the Pc though. Only 3 bucks

Fish 02-02-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 8342498)
I really don't like how Amazon is trying to split the Android market. Some of it comes from Google ****ing up, and some of it comes from content providers being cavemen, but it worries me. Especially if they continue to subsidize prices. Hopefully the competition leads to Google releasing a well made Nexus tablet though. Because it's needed.

Over the past month or so, I've been able to spend a lot of time with and iPad 2, Prime, and Fire. The iPad is easily the best device, although it has issues that drive me crazy (for a company as obsessed with experience, I can't understand how they've made it so hard to switch between applications). The Fire is the worst. But it does what it does well enough. It's just not a true "tablet", in the sense of Google and Apple. The Prime is also very nice, at least with ICS. Still would never recommend it to a basic user over the iPad though.

What's so hard about switching between apps on iPad? You know there's several ways to do so... The easiest is a simple 4-finger swipe left or right to switch to recent apps. Or you can double tap the Home button, and have a list of 6-7 most recent apps. I don't see how it could be any easier...

And what is it you don't like about the Prime? I think it's pretty awesome and close to being on par with the iPad.

Mojo Rising 02-02-2012 07:32 PM

I just saw the Vizio Tabs back at Costco for $189 new. I have had mine for a month and am very happy with it. They are $259 new on Ebay.

The only 2 issues with it are that it has a slot for up to 32 gigs of external memory but none of the itune syncers will recognize the external card and will only write to internal (limited to 4 g.) The workaround for me was to download it to the chip via my Samsung phone and then put the chip in the tablet. The power connector also seems a little unstable. I haven't had any problems yet and it does have the Costco warranty (which isn't what it used to be but they are good at returning stuff.)

Taco John 02-02-2012 07:53 PM

I hate HP so much right now...

jiveturkey 02-02-2012 08:48 PM

The Fire is pretty terrible out of the box. With CM7 it's tits.

Imon Yourside 02-02-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 8344479)

I've done that for quite a while, not quite as bad as Packard Bell but not far away either.

007 02-03-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 8340354)

It didn't come with a cable that you connect to your computer? Seriously?

007 02-03-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 8344479)

Why?

kcxiv 02-03-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8346569)
It didn't come with a cable that you connect to your computer? Seriously?

nope, just in the box in the kindle and the ac power plug and thats it. I had to order one for 3 bucks lol Fire is as basic as it gets, but its pretty ****ing cool. Watching Gilligans Island on Amazon prime haha

007 02-03-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 8346645)
nope, just in the box in the kindle and the ac power plug and thats it. I had to order one for 3 bucks lol Fire is as basic as it gets, but its pretty ****ing cool. Watching Gilligans Island on Amazon prime haha

and the cord for the AC plug doesn't come off to reveal a USB plug? Man, they really want this to be a cloud only device.