ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs From a guy who wasn't able to watch today... what was good/bad? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301491)

DaNewGuy 08-15-2016 10:17 AM

How'd Catapano do?

Pasta Little Brioni 08-15-2016 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaNewGuy (Post 12369295)
How'd Catapano do?

Served up that Son of Baconator and Frosty pretty well

DaneMcCloud 08-15-2016 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12369227)
After watching the first half I'm left wondering where this Steven Nelson that was having such a good camp went?

I agree. Same goes for Ramik Wilson, Tyler Bray and even Dee Ford.

I've read every training camp report, read every tweet, watched every video and there's been universal praise for those players, especially Bray. Hell, even after Saturday's game, in which Bray was awful and Murray impressed, both Sam Mellinger and Terez Paylor said on Facebook Live that Bray was nearly a lock at 3rd QB.

Bray, IMO, was awful.

Camp and games are completely different animals. Some guys just don't know how to control their adrenaline, stay focused and perform to the best of their abilities under the watchful eyes of millions of people.

It would be great to see the Steven Nelson, Ramik and Bray camp performances translate to games and maybe, at some point it'll happen (although I think there's less than a 1% chance of that happening for Bray) but after the first preseason game, they all failed to live up to the hype.

staylor26 08-15-2016 10:25 AM

Doug Baldwin showed last season the kind of production slot receivers can put up, beyond simply catch volume. Despite playing 80 percent of his snaps as a slot receiver, he notched 14 touchdowns, which tied for best in the NFL among all receivers. He caught 78.8 percent of the passes thrown his way, dropping just two passes all season, and was more than just a short-gain receiver, averaging 13.7 yards per reception. Baldwin has quietly become one of the league’s best receivers, but we just don’t admit it because he is dismissed as “just a slot WR.”

The guy played 80% of his snaps in the slot, but he's not a slot WR in O.City's mind.

LMAO

Like I said, you obviously haven't a watched this guy enough to have a valid opinion.

O.city 08-15-2016 10:27 AM

You're right, I was just about to post that as I went digging to see.

I don't know why I had him playing outside more. I remember watching him against the cardinals last year specifically him being outside more, maybe that skewed my thinking.

I was way off though

staylor26 08-15-2016 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12369306)
You're right, I was just about to post that as I went digging to see.

I don't know why I had him playing outside more. I remember watching him against the cardinals last year specifically him being outside more, maybe that skewed my thinking.

I was way off though

And his YPR is exactly why I say he's better than Edelman. More explosive.

Buckweath 08-15-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12369301)
I agree. Same goes for Ramik Wilson, Tyler Bray and even Dee Ford.

I've read every training camp report, read every tweet, watched every video and there's been universal praise for those players, especially Bray. Hell, even after Saturday's game, in which Bray was awful and Murray impressed, both Sam Mellinger and Terez Paylor said on Facebook Live that Bray was nearly a lock at 3rd QB.

Bray, IMO, was awful.

Camp and games are completely different animals. Some guys just don't know how to control their adrenaline, stay focused and perform to the best of their abilities under the watchful eyes of millions of people.

It would be great to see the Steven Nelson, Ramik and Bray camp performances translate to games and maybe, at some point it'll happen (although I think there's less than a 1% chance of that happening for Bray) but after the first preseason game, they all failed to live up to the hype.

The thing is you can't fully judge a player off just a game, let alone just a few plays. A player for example can start a game badly and then can get into a rhythm and be solid for the rest of the game.

You know one could say Chris Jones looked better than Poe against the Seawhawks but at the end of the day, we know Poe is probably much better than Jones right now. It's just a few plays really.

I have little hope for Bray but I wish we could see him at least for a full preseason game and then decide. And he admitted he was nervous as he stepped on the field as he had not had live action for two years.

DaneMcCloud 08-15-2016 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 12369311)
The thing is you can't fully judge a player off just a game, let alone just a few plays. A player for example can start a game badly and then can get into a rhythm and be solid for the rest of the game.

You know one could say Chris Jones looked better than Poe against the Seawhawks but at the end of the day, we know Poe is probably much better than Jones right now. It's just a few plays really.

I have little hope for Bray but I wish we could see him at least for a full preseason game and then decide. And he admitted he was nervous as he stepped on the field as he had not had live action for two years.

The point being that none of those guys even remotely lived up to the hype.

Ramik Wilson was swallowed up in the ground game, Nelson wasn't swatting balls away, Bray was 3/9 and looked lost and Dee Ford didn't even get close to a sack.

Essentially, the exact opposite of camp reports.

O.city 08-15-2016 12:59 PM

Also noticed Seattles jarran reed. **** that dudes gonna be a steal.

staylor26 08-15-2016 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12369605)

I saw him too. Celebrating after we converted, and one of his teammates telling him to cut it out because we got the 1st. ROFL

He's going to be a good one though. Perfect replacement for Mebane.

RunKC 08-15-2016 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12369605)

The guy you should've noticed was their first round pick, Germain Ifedi, who did a great job against our defense line.

Seattle is the favorite in the NFC this year IMO

Mr. Laz 08-15-2016 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12369032)
He looks like a solid situational pass rusher.

That's pretty much all he was good at in college and all we should expect...

Sutton is playing him at the wrong position.

If Ford was playing on the LoS he wouldn't have to make the same judgement in space that he does playing in Houston's spot.

Move Ford behind Hali and use him to keep Hali fresh.