ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

Jawshco 04-30-2012 11:52 AM

BTW- In episode 5, Dotrice looked as old as he sounded while reading Dance with Dragons. Dude sounded seriously ill in parts of that audiobook. I read & listen to all the books (which helps me pick up all the detail as I go), and Dotrice's reading shaped many of the characters in mind. He's a huge part of SOIAF to me. I wish he could have had a larger role in the show.

Have any of you seen the unaired pilot with a few alternate cast members? I'm wondering if Dotrice played Maester Luwin in that one.

L.A. Chieffan 04-30-2012 12:57 PM

I know it had been said already but Dinklage is completely owning Tyrion. Masterful job.

I was kind of worried when Tywin picked Arya to be his cup bearer but i realize why they did that instead of the way in the book. I just hope they don't do something stupid and have her the one that kills him.

Frazod 04-30-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8582858)
The thing I like about Arya's line is that while it was a threat toward Tywin, it also held sadness. She knows that anyone can be killed, because her father (who most children see as invincible) was killed. She knows that Rob can be killed as well. Anyone can die. Yes, she hopes to kill Tywin, but she could just as easily be killed.

This is how I saw it as well. I really like the banter between her and Tywin. He clearly senses that she's not your run-of-the-mill urchin.

Skyy God 04-30-2012 03:15 PM

http://i49.tinypic.com/2n037sx.jpg

vailpass 04-30-2012 03:22 PM

Stop dragging turds from the DC toilet into this forum

kcxiv 04-30-2012 03:39 PM

I just know Dany looked hot in her dress lol

Hawk 04-30-2012 03:43 PM

It was a bit of a disappointment that sex happy HBO decided not to do the proper Qaarth gowns that Dany wears in the books with one breast showing. I was fully expecting some Dany boobage last night!

vailpass 04-30-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 8583448)
It was a bit of a disappointment that sex happy HBO decided not to do the proper Qaarth gowns that Dany wears in the books with one breast showing. I was fully expecting some Dany boobage last night!

Or was that Yunkai?

kcxiv 04-30-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 8583448)

i thought she was going to put the dress on when she was with the 2 chicks in the room. I was like lets see some tits! NO Dany Tits so far this year :(

vailpass 04-30-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 8583487)
i thought she was going to put the dress on when she was with the 2 chicks in the room. I was like lets see some tits! NO Dany Tits so far this year :(

If HBO cuts out the Dany lesbo scene I will not be pleased. Especially after they made up the Renly nancy boy scenes just to draw in the TrueBlood crowd.

petegz28 04-30-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8583495)
If HBO cuts out the Dany lesbo scene I will not be pleased. Especially after they made up the Renly nancy boy scenes just to draw in the TrueBlood crowd.

No shit....she is ****ing hawt!

KcMizzou 04-30-2012 08:41 PM

Anyone know if we're gonna see Strong Belwas in the show? Dude's a badass.

Hawk 04-30-2012 09:22 PM

I am seriously hoping we get Strong Belwas next season. We may get the Reed kids as well. I read somewhere that they were going to fill in a few missing roles next season. Strong Belwas is a must just for his one big moment. Book readers may riot if we don't get to see his fight.

Swanman 05-01-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 8584303)
I am seriously hoping we get Strong Belwas next season. We may get the Reed kids as well. I read somewhere that they were going to fill in a few missing roles next season. Strong Belwas is a must just for his one big moment. Book readers may riot if we don't get to see his fight.

Since they have to bring Ser Barristan into the story, I believe Strong Belwas accompanied him. I like the odds.

Hawk 05-01-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 8584754)
Since they have to bring Ser Barristan into the story, I believe Strong Belwas accompanied him. I like the odds.

The only problem is Barristan and Belwas come in at the end of book 2, and we have a casting for Barristan, but there has never been any listing for a casting of Belwas. My hope is that even if they did not cast him for what would basically be one episode, that they do cast him for nex season when he has a little bigger role.

Same with the Reeds, they can just meet up with Bran on the road or after Winterfell is burned. Saves the show a season of casting for those characters who aren't really that important just yet.