ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Are "Begging" To Get Out Of 1st Pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272119)

O.city 04-15-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9590151)
The fans that want Geno remind me of the Jags and Vikings in 2011. Overdrafting a questionable QB prospect who didn't deserve to be picked where he was and then a few years later they realize that other players picked directly after you had better players who are making way more of an impact.

So what would have been different if they were picked in the second round? They're still shitty QB's no matter where they're picked.

B14ckmon 04-15-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9590151)
The fans that want Geno remind me of the Jags and Vikings in 2011. Overdrafting a questionable QB prospect who didn't deserve to be picked where he was and then a few years later they realize that other players picked directly after you had better players who are making way more of an impact.

Except the Jaguars fans DID NOT want to take Gabbert and Vikings fans were equally concerned about Ponder.

Marcellus 04-15-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590164)
So what would have been different if they were picked in the second round? They're still shitty QB's no matter where they're picked.

Well I guess that's the point. You don't pick a QB just to say you did.

O.city 04-15-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9590172)
Well I guess that's the point. You don't pick a QB just to say you did.

Yeah, no shit.

We've sat thru 30 years of that mantra though. You also don't trade for a back up Qb just to do it.

BossChief 04-15-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9590051)
Reid/Dorsey didn't have anything to do with those picks.

People are holding a grudge against Dorsey/Reid that occurred under other GM/HC's

How is anyone holding a grudge against them when the draft hasn't even happened yet?

Reid and Dorsey were brought in to improve the team and give us a chance to win a championship...I find it hard to believe there isn't a single qb prospect in this whole draft that's better than Alex Smith
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9590057)
You do realize KC isn't the only team to pass those guys up for lesser players right? And some teams ****ed up even worse.

Hindsight is 20/20. I didn't see anyone on CP clamoring for any of those guys. **** we were ELATED when we got DJ.

Yet there is constant talk of how GMs need to listen to CP. difference is hindsight.

Oh, good.

The "they work in the NFL so we should cut them some slack" defense. These guys are paid to be the best at what they do...passing on every college quarterback and trading for a vet is ok...so long as it works out to be the best choice.

If Alex Smith is unable to get this team to the next level and a college quarterback gets another team there...then what?

Are we supposed to give them a mulligan with the first pick?

RunKC 04-15-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590133)
Neither of them are the best football player available. If you take either, you're taking them for what they could be, not what they are.

I agree, though I bet a team like Jacksonville very well could have Dion Jordan at the top of their board.

Marcellus 04-15-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590186)
Yeah, no shit.

We've sat thru 30 years of that mantra though. You also don't trade for a back up Qb just to do it.

So you think they traded for Alex Smith just to piss off CP? Seems to be the case because otherwise they don't know anything about football.

KChiefs1 04-15-2013 08:31 PM

Experts are now saying Joeckel, Fisher & Johnson will now all be pick in the top 5.

O.city 04-15-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9590192)
I agree, though I bet a team like Jacksonville very well could have Dion Jordan at the top of their board.

I thought you said Jordan was BPA or potentially BPA at 1?

People dont' want to hear it, but in reality, there isn't a "BPA" available at 1 in this draft.

In the top 10, where you normally look for a cornerstone, this year there might end up being 2 of those guys or there might be 8. It's a crapshoot up there this year.

Identify who best fits your system and go from there.

RunKC 04-15-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590186)
Yeah, no shit.

The biggest difference is that Andy Reid is not a guy who's going to settle for shit like King Carl and Pioli.

If Alex Smith struggles like he did pre-2011, than he WILL be replaced.

Marcellus 04-15-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9590190)
How is anyone holding a grudge against them when the draft hasn't even happened yet?

Reid and Dorsey were brought in to improve the team and give us a chance to win a championship...I find it hard to believe there isn't a single qb prospect in this whole draft that's better than Alex Smith

Oh, good.

The "they work in the NFL so we should cut them some slack" defense. These guys are paid to be the best at what they do...passing on every college quarterback and trading for a vet is ok...so long as it works out to be the best choice.

If Alex Smith is unable to get this team to the next level and a college quarterback gets another team there...then what?
Are we supposed to give them a mulligan with the first pick?

But it's ok if Geno sucks. At least they did what you wanted right.

And since YOU find it hard to believe this QB draft class sucks worse than a former #1 overall pick then I guess we will just defer to you.

Saccopoo 04-15-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9590074)
We stay at 1 and we will choose the best player available, which is Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher or Dion Jordan.

The people saying Geno Smith is the best player available are the desperate, stupid fans who want him simply because he's a QB.

Really?

As I've asked you time and time again, give me one player in this draft who has not only the upside/ceiling of Geno Smith, but has the high level of consistent performance at the college level regardless of position.

Luke Joeckel? Eric Fisher? Dion Jordan? Please.

Why are these better prospects, in your opinion, than Geno?

Saccopoo 04-15-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9590080)
Only if Geno Smith actually turns into a franchise QB.

Potential will get you fired .......

So will not drafting that potential.

O.city 04-15-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9590203)
So you think they traded for Alex Smith just to piss off CP? Seems to be the case because otherwise they don't know anything about football.

Don't come off at me all half cocked, telling me to "trust the process". No where in my post did I say that.

I said you don't trade for a back up Qb just to do it, unless you see something. Obviously they see something.

You realize it's possible for people who do know alot about football to make a mistake, right?

penbrook 04-15-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9590206)
The biggest difference is that Andy Reid is not a guy who's going to settle for shit like King Carl and *****.

If Alex Smith struggles like he did pre-2011, than he WILL be replaced.

Alex even said if he doesnt win this year that he will be replaced.