ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Steve Carrell leaving 'The Office' after next season. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230042)

Tribal Warfare 08-31-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8867899)
So The Office is ending after this last season. They said they are gonna "unmask the Scranton Strangler" lol. Who do you all think it could be? Gabe? The dude is ****ing weird to say the least. Creed?

Michael ( in a bad Southern Accent) I declare you are suspect in a murder

Then Creed immediately goes back to the parking lot to get to his car then peals out.

Rain Man 08-31-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8869060)
Michael ( in a bad Southern Accent) I declare you are suspect in a murder

Then Creed immediately goes back to the parking lot to get to his car then peals out.

That made me roll with laughter.

It could be Creed, though that would disappoint me since he's perhaps my favorite character on the show.

It really should be that really nasty guy who's the road salesman.

BigMeatballDave 08-31-2012 05:50 PM

Yeah, its time to end it. I will certainly miss it.

Another show that needs to wrap up is How I Met Your Mother.

Rain Man 08-31-2012 06:08 PM

I don't watch it regularly, but I sure don't see a reason to end it. Even if you think it's gone downhill, it's still going to be better than 95 percent of television's offerings.

I really don't think any good show should be ended until the day they introduce a small child into the cast. That is the true and unerring indicator that a show is done.

Tribal Warfare 08-31-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8869070)
That made me roll with laughter.

It could be Creed, though that would disappoint me since he's perhaps my favorite character on the show.

It really should be that really nasty guy who's the road salesman.

Danny Cordray (Timothy Olyphant's character)

Captain Obvious 08-31-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8869124)
Danny Cordray (Timothy Olyphant's character)

I think he's referring to Todd Packer.

Tribal Warfare 08-31-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious (Post 8869497)
I think he's referring to Todd Packer.

I know, but that would be the curveball that if it's Pam's old crush

Sure-Oz 09-01-2012 10:12 AM

Def. going to miss the office but it's run its course. Hope they go out with a bang

DaFace 09-02-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 8870188)
Def. going to miss the office but it's run its course. Hope they go out with a bang

I bet they bring back Michael for the finale.

DJay23 09-02-2012 11:15 AM

I read in an article with a producer or writer or some such that Michael Scott will only come back if Steve Carell is comfortable with it. He has said that he was happy with the exit his character made and the writers wouldn't want to ruin that for him.

DaFace 09-02-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 8872587)
I read in an article with a producer or writer or some such that Michael Scott will only come back if Steve Carell is comfortable with it. He has said that he was happy with the exit his character made and the writers wouldn't want to ruin that for him.

I could see that I guess. Still, you wouldn't think it'd take much to have him in the final shot somehow. Even if it's just him and Holly talking to the team on Skype or something, you'd think it'd be cool to have him in there. But who knows.

Red Brooklyn 09-02-2012 10:39 PM

I had a dream that Michael had the entire office rigged on web-cams so that he could watch everything they do. All the time.

lcarus 09-25-2012 03:41 PM

Anyone watch the season premiere last week? I thought it was decent. Still...without Steve Carell it just isn't right. I love Dwight but he can't carry the show by himself. The other side characters just aren't that funny anymore. I'm still looking forward to the final season though.

|Zach| 09-25-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8950576)
Anyone watch the season premiere last week? I thought it was decent. Still...without Steve Carell it just isn't right. I love Dwight but he can't carry the show by himself. The other side characters just aren't that funny anymore. I'm still looking forward to the final season though.

See I thought his character was completely played out and the exit was good timing.

loochy 09-25-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 8873493)
I had a dream that Michael had the entire office rigged on web-cams so that he could watch everything they do. All the time.

I had a dream last night where I was hooking up with Jan but in public she pretended that she didn't like me even though she wanted it bad.