ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Titty Meat 05-21-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8630755)
"I can't think of a good response, so I'll mock you instead and hope this goes away"

You gonna put him on ignore or just write a really long useless rant?

alnorth 05-21-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8630750)
That's a great idea.

They can join the Big XII in football and share the tier 1 money but not actually play any games against Big XII teams. Everything you say is smart.

Well, no that wouldn't happen.

The problem is the contracts are incompatible. ESPN/FOX owns all Big 12 content. NBC owns all ND content. NBC has no reason to do ESPN/FOX/the Big 12 any favors if they are losing Notre Dame. One of those 2 contracts would have to be broken, and when that happens, NBC would have to get PAID.

We're not paying off NBC.

notorious 05-21-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8630765)
You gonna put him on ignore or just write a really long useless rant?

I hope he does, so he doesn't respond to any of my posts with a steaming pile of elephant shit.

I though Alnorth was alright, but now I just don't know anymore......

Saul Good 05-21-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8630768)
Well, no that wouldn't happen.

The problem is the contracts are incompatible. ESPN/FOX owns all Big 12 content. NBC owns all ND content. NBC has no reason to do ESPN/FOX/the Big 12 any favors if they are losing Notre Dame. One of those 2 contracts would have to be broken, and when that happens, NBC would have to get PAID.

We're not paying off NBC.

I totally agree.

alnorth 05-21-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8630757)
If they will ink the deal now, you take it and don't cut them in on the tier 1 earnings until then. If you want to meet them half way, you can put them into your bowl rotation somehow.

They would obviously not get any T1 football earnings, no one, anywhere, is suggesting that. They have their NBC money. They might get whatever a share of the basketball earnings would be, which wont be much.

alnorth 05-21-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8630762)
So, you are saying that it is IMPOSSIBLE for Notre Dame to go to the Big 12 after their obligations are fulfilled?

Wow, just wow.

No, and I did NOT say that, at all. Go back and read my God damned post.

I am saying it would take CRAZY money for them to join us in 2013.

We'd have to be a pack of drooling cross-eyed morons to not be willing to wait, to be willing to lose money for no good reason whatsoever, just to have them a few years earlier.

Titty Meat 05-21-2012 08:07 PM

It's not impossible that Notre Dame joins the Big 12 when it's all said and done but I'd like to think this is just a game of chess and now it's the B1G move once again. Time to tap into the East Coast market.

alnorth 05-21-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8630763)
I think he's saying that they have no desire to rip up their NBC deal now or in 2016 or ever. They want to drink free milk without the hassle that comes with cow ownership just like they have been doing with the Big East.

Well no kidding they don't want to rip up their NBC contract, there is no "Notre Dame gets to rip up the contract anytime they want, without consequences, and NBC agrees to meekly slink away" clause.

I guess if the Big 12 is willing to pay off NBC that'd solve that problem, then we'd have the 16+ lawsuits to deal with.

notorious 05-21-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8630779)
No, and I did NOT say that, at all. Go back and read my God damned post.

I am saying it would take CRAZY money for them to join us in 2013.

We'd have to be a pack of drooling cross-eyed morons to not be willing to wait, to be willing to lose money for no good reason whatsoever, just to have them a few years earlier.

Go back and read my God damned post, and you will find that we completely agree!

alnorth 05-21-2012 08:11 PM

As for "and wont be willing to not renew in 2016 either", that is dumb. ND cant play football in the Big 12 without giving their rights to ESPN/FOX, and we wouldn't let them join under any circumstances without their GOR. NBC couldn't sign them up in 2016 if Notre Dame's rights belong to the Big 12 at that point.

Saul Good 05-21-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8630782)
It's not impossible that Notre Dame joins the Big 12 when it's all said and done but I'd like to think this is just a game of chess and now it's the B1G move once again. Time to tap into the East Coast market.

Mark it down.

There are going to be 4 power conferences. Each of these 4 conferences will get an automatic bid into an 8 team playoff. There will be 4 at large teams with a guarantee of at least 1 or 2 spots belonging to non power conference teams.

When this happens, having more teams in your conference will be more of a liability than an asset.

alnorth 05-21-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8630787)
Go back and read my God damned post, and you will find that we completely agree!

OK, now CRAZY money = "we'd be drooling cross-eyed morons to not wait, and just unnecessarily pay everyone off" = we pretty much have to wait to take them in 2016.

Titty Meat 05-21-2012 08:13 PM

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...to-keep-rising

265 million. Greece will be asking the B1G for a bailout.

BTW the B1G TV contract is up in 2015. The same time Notre Dames is done with NBC :)

Titty Meat 05-21-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8630792)
Mark it down.

There are going to be 4 power conferences. Each of these 4 conferences will get an automatic bid into an 8 team playoff. There will be 4 at large teams with a guarantee of at least 1 or 2 spots belonging to non power conference teams.

When this happens, having more teams in your conference will be more of a liability than an asset.

How so? I think it will be great though it'll take some time as there's going to be a huge legal fight/government intervention.

notorious 05-21-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8630800)
OK, now CRAZY money = "we'd be drooling cross-eyed morons to not wait, and just unnecessarily pay everyone off" = we pretty much have to wait to take them in 2016.

Cool, that's what I said in my original post.

Sorry about the elephant shit thing, CP is rubbing off on me and it's not in a good way. :D